SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What I have against The Baptist Doctrine: From 1 Baptist 2 Another

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread
sonsigns

Brumley Missouri

What I have against The Baptist Doctrine: From 1 Baptist 2 Another

Last week my Brother in Law was remarried in a cave and they had very strange wedding vows. Instead of acknowledging God, they acknowledge "Mother Nature!"

My wife noticed this and said what about God?

My brother in law got a little nervous... "well we wanted to make the vows so they wouldn't offend anyone".

My brother in law was raised in the southern baptist church. Gave his life to Christ and almost became a Baptist minister, until he found collage and became a lawyer instead. Yet he holds true to this one baptist doctrine...
Once saved, always saved!

If there is any thing that I am at war with it is this Doctrine that Baptist have in their faith & message. In the B.F&M, it states that if you hold different views keep them to yourself.

I do not hold to that doctrine. I believe that if you have been soundly saved then it is impossible for men or angels to make you fall from the faith. However, You can fall from the faith and your first love (Christ Jesus)by conforming to the world and living like devils.

God has called us to be in the world and not part of it.

Does this make me a bad Baptist?

2012/2/25 16:23Profile
roadsign

Re: What I have against The Baptist Doctrine: From 1 Baptist 2 Another

Hello sonship, You may find this article helpful for your situation. It relates to marginal conversions in Africa, but I believe it has implications for conversions in the western church too:

http://www.wmausa.org/page.aspx?id=83837

Diane

2012/2/25 16:31Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: What I have against The Baptist Doctrine: From 1 Baptist 2 Another

Quote:
sonsigns wrote:
If there is any thing that I am at war with it is this Doctrine that Baptist have in their faith & message.

Yep, you and me brother! If I "hate" any doctrine, it is that one.

When I used to go to the jail and ask if any of the women were saved, 99.9% ALWAYS raise their hand. The people who teach this obviously has never seen the other side of this ugly teaching. i.e. like trying to help someone who needs help but you can't get through to them because THEY'RE SAVED! (EDITED)

There is this one guy who goes around to all the schools here in our county and has a morning Bible program for the kids and his one main goal is to get the kids to say the 'sinners' prayer. I believe he thinks his job is done.

I asked him if he knew the names and number of any of the kids that got "saved" so he could check up on them and he just looked at me like I was crazy (edit: he did say one time that that was someone else's job). It might be different if every person who led someone to the Lord ACTUALLY discipled them for a year or more but no.

I still go to the jail but I don't ask them anymore, I just assume they are not saved or that they are backslid and need to what?? That's right.... repent!! LOL

God bless you,
Lisa

2012/2/25 17:49Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, there is no osas doctrine. this is what those who do not know what eternal security of the believer means. your security is in the hands of God and is very important. why do people argue that their God is not great enough to keep them . why do they argue that the covenant cutter, Jesus,is not enough as He forever makes intercession for us to His Father. what sin is greater then the shed blood of the Lamb?i have run into many people who have fallen into this trap and felt they had no more chance with God for they have fallen away.the problem is not eternal security; it is false security... if one truly gets saved and has a loving personal relationship with Jesus ,he is eternally secure.jimp

2012/2/25 19:45Profile
sonsigns

Brumley Missouri

Re:

if one truly gets saved and has a loving personal relationship with Jesus ,he is eternally secure.jimp

If one truly get's saved... Who am I to say that someone is not saved? That is the work of the Holy Spirit only.

Let me see if I can say this more plainly.

I believe that man or angels or demons or satan himself can not make a believer fall from Gods Grace or Mercies.

However, I believe that the man or woman that professes to be saved... any man that claims to be in Christ, can himself pull away from God and there leave the Grace and mercies of God in Christ and become back sliden.

Therefore, if they stay in this back sliden state and die, do you believe that they will inherit eternal life?

Doesn't God call us to be Holy as he is Holy?

Can I honestly believe that if I decide to live like the world, giving no thought to God, that if I die in that state I will inherit the kingdom of God? Read Roman's chapter 6, particularly 12-23

This doctrine is mans license to sin, I do not think they will get away with it at the Judgement seat.

This is the doctrine that I am at war with...

2012/2/25 21:07Profile
brothagary

Re:

thats why its called persavernce of the saints

becasue he who is born of god keeps himself
and the evil one does not touch him 1john5 ;18

a truly born againg christan ,does not fall away, into apostacy

he who is born of god does not sin for gods seed remain in him and he can not sin 1 john 3;9

who ever abide in christ does not sin
who ever sins has neither seen him or knowen him,,1 john 3;6

who ever falls into apostacy ,alife of sin and seems to have lost there salvation ,has neither seen him,, not even once ,,nor has he ever knowen him in the contex of a true relationship ,based on the regenration of the new birth

2012/2/25 21:14Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, this doctrine gives us the license to sin... someone loves me so much that even though i deserve a sentence to an eternity in hell and while i was a sinner died for me and forgave me gives me a license to love Him more. do you sin because your husband or wife trusts you and has demonstrated great love for you or do you respect him or her and love them .license to sin is sooo stupid when on the cross Jesus looked down the ages and saw me and loved me so that sin is forever conquered in my life for i trust in His covenant keeping power.if you would do a study on covenant you will better understand. mephibosheth hated david and feared him ,yet because of covenant david honored this man and gave him his inheritance and allowed him to eat at the kings table.jimp

2012/2/25 21:30Profile
sonsigns

Brumley Missouri

Re:@ brothagary

Thanks for those scriptures And a hearty Amen.

I am not mad @anyone or even @ my denomination, I just really do not like "the once saved always saved" doctrine.
It seems many friends and family members use it as a trump card to do what they want and sin without repentance.

I do not believe that the Baptist threw this doctrine into their faith and message to be used in this manner. With that said it is a hard doctrine to understand and one that I can not find in the scriptures.

2012/2/25 21:34Profile
sonsigns

Brumley Missouri

Re: @ jimp

The LORD, the LORD God, compassionate and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in loving kindness and truth; who keeps lovingkindness for thousands, who forgives iniquity, transgression and sin; yet He will by no
means leave the guilty unpunished.

I don't believe when the Baptist faith & message was written that they included the "once saved, always saved," doctrine to mean what many friends and family believe that they can live like the devil and the world.

This I do not understand and can not find in the scriptures.
I live in Missouri, so Show Me...

2012/2/25 21:42Profile
sonsigns

Brumley Missouri

Re: @lysa

Thanks for standing with me on this doctrine. I will pray for your jail ministry and that you will touch many lives for the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Keep up the good and faithful work.

Your Brother in Christ,
William

2012/2/25 21:54Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy