SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Living by the Life of Another

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re: Untobabes

Sister never said 'imitate' was offensive. Ok. So 'follow' is a good substitute. Just trying to help clarify the confusion. The thing is whether we 'imitate' or 'follow' it must be done by Jesus living in us.

Actually I like 'follow' better. It conveys following the Lamb. But both are good.

Blaine

2012/2/22 15:38

Re: Untobabes

Sister never said 'imitate' was offensive. Ok. So 'follow' is a good substitute. Just trying to help clarify the confusion. The thing is whether we 'imitate' or 'follow' it must be done by Jesus living in us.

Actually I like 'follow' better. It conveys following the Lamb. But both are good.

Blaine

2012/2/22 15:38
pilgrim777

Re:

UntoBabes,

Had no problem with how you used "imitate". That was the proper way and once again, appreciate the scriptures and the Greek that you supplied.

All the best,
Pilgrim

2012/2/22 16:51Profile

Re:

I have been captivated by the truth of Christ dwelling in us. This is a rich profound mystery. Christ in you, the hope of glory. Do you in the forum believe this to be true? Does Jesus really live in us? Does the forum have any thoughts on this?

Saints is our walk merely external regulation or is it inward relation? Does Christ really dwell in our hearts? Any thoughts? Let's try to flesh out this profound reality together?

Blaine

2012/2/22 18:22

Re:

So what is the glorious riches of the mystery of Jesus being in us? What are the profound realities of this truth? How does this impact our walk with Christ? What is the Spirit saying to us here? Is anyone not profoundly affected by the reality of Christ living in us.

One thing I did glean is is from 1 John 3. John writes we know he lives in us by the Spirit be has given us. This is the same Spirit by which we cry abba Father. This tells me the witness of Christ living me is by the reality of the Holy Spirit in my life. Thus this is experience.

Blaine

2012/2/22 19:17
pilgrim777

Re:

Hi Blaine,

I think what you are getting at is how do we know the Spirit of Christ is living in us?

That is a good question to pursue.

Maybe posters can add to this thread by stating how they know the Spirit of God is dwelling in them.

If the Spirit of God is not dwelling in us, then we are fighting a losing battle trying to live this life that can only be lived by Christ in us.

2Co 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Blessings to all,
Pilgrim

2012/2/22 19:48Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy