SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Franklin Graham's sad presentation of the "Gospel"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
rbanks

Re:

Hi everyone,

I thought I would go out on a limb here and let anyone swing at it that wants to.

I can see somewhat of where Solomon101 is coming from and with all due respect for everyone on this thread it saddens me also to see what is happening to SI. I see so many threads becoming more about judging others than building up the body of Christ.

It seems like more and more posts are about judging others than praying for others. I know that I have enjoyed many of Frank’s posts but I am surprised at this one. Frank, I don’t know what bothered you so much in that 10 minute interview (I didn’t see it) but what you showed us was Franklin being attacked from many different sides trying to pen him down to being judgmental toward others who say they are Christians. I felt though being under the pressure that he was under that he could have answered better and he probably wishes he had of answered better but who knows how any of us on any given day under similar circumstances may not have done any better.

Frank, one thing I don’t get, is that you are so sure that he let the Lord down and that you would have done so much better. I also wonder do you feel that your judgment toward Franklin, on a website for the entire world to see, is truly uplifting to the Lord. Are you sure that what you are saying about Franklin is not letting the Lord down in doing what Franklin was trying not to do about others who say they are Christians but yet you clearly cast judgment on another minister of the gospel with the title of your thread.

Blessings to you brother Frank, even though I am looking at this thing from a different angle and you may be more right than me, I felt a need to share a concern.

BTW – Jim I felt your post was cold hearted and sarcastic toward a fellow brother but then you be the judge of that because I could have read your post wrong. Oh, I see you removed it- very good then.

2012/2/21 17:15Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
Solomon101...Really ?! Really?!?! Really ?!?!?!
I am so disgusted with the so called "Christians" that make posts just to verbally accost and attack others.

Amen! this has become a site to roast folks, you have a little dirt on anyone? come here and spread it. It really must be awesome to have lived such a perfect life, you are able to come here and slam others, why not begin on me? I have said and done things in my past like, I hate God, done drugs, ran around on my wife when I was married, stolen, lied, etc, etc, go ahead I have a thick skin, let me have it! go ahead! cast the first stone. :) Thank God the Lord looks forward. Lot of Mac Davis folks here singing: Oh Lord it's hard to be humble when you're perfect in every way.:)

2012/2/21 17:15Profile
Solomon101

America's Flyover Country

Re:

@ Appolus

YOU STATED; .Secondly the interview lasted over 10 minutes. I am assuming you did not see the full interview?

I RESPOND; I watched the video link you posted. It is 2:13 long.

Franklin Graham said nothing in it that comes anywhere close to what is being accused on this thread. THAT is the sad part. imho.

2012/2/21 17:21Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Good thing Jesus got to the woman at the well first, no telling what we might have done to her, or said about her. This should be an example of how we should react, like Jesus did.

2012/2/21 17:31Profile

Re:

"Good thing Jesus got to the woman at the well first, no telling what we might have done to her, or said about her. This should be an example of how we should react, like Jesus did. "

Bill - I am not sure if your misleading analogy is willful or not, but Jesus would treat the leaders of christendom like he did the pharisees, not the woman at the well.

-Jim

2012/2/21 17:49
ManofGod0000

Re: Franklin Graham's sad presentation of the "Gospel"

APPOLUS, I know u arent surprised my brother, maybe just "ticked off".

btw, bro, I sent you an email about a week or two ago.

take care

2012/2/21 17:55Profile

Re:

"I think Solomon's reply to my post is useful. I believe what we see here is the challenge that is going to face every genuine Christian in this coming generation"

This is true brother. Those who tow the line of false unity will receive the applause of men. Those who speak out will be casted out of the synagogue. Those who allow every form of abomination labeled as christianity will rejoice in the deception and hate those that do not play along in their delusion. The only people we should judge on SI are those who call to light deception. All other judging is evil as it ruins the party.

In Christ -jim

2012/2/21 17:59

Re:

Okay guys, lest just set the record straight and perhaps the others can just relax, this is not indicitive of this site and this is not a roast or a stoning or any other analogy that those with an axe to grind want to jump in and say. I have made no accusations. I dont do that. I am calling this man to account for saying that Rick Santorum is a Christian based on his morals.

Remember, Franklin Grahman and his father already ackowledge that Catholics are Christians, in fact Billy would send Catholics who came forward to get saved back to the Catholic church in Scotland. Secondly, I am holding Franklin to account for saying that the Mormons acknowledge Jesus, they do not, not the Jesus of the Bible, that is simply fact and if some do not like it then I cannot change the facts.

All he had to say, when asked if Romney is a Christian, was, now this is gonna be hard for some folks..........no. Santorum has made no claim to be born again, Santorum is a Catholic and many Catholics I know ( I was born and raised a Catholic) have excellent morals and are upstanding individuals, but what has any of that to do with being born again. This is basics we are talking about here folks. Just because some will jump in with a flame thrower and start screaming about Judgmentalism and so forth will not change the facts.

Please lets stick to the facts. If you disagree with me and you believe that this was a good presentation of the Gospel( what it means to be saved) then by aall means share. But attacking me or others who agree with me ( and admittedly this view is becoming a minority view) is not very helpful......... bro Frank

2012/2/21 18:11
Solomon101

America's Flyover Country

Re:

Bwaahaahaa (that's laughter by the way) what a joke!

I went back and searched on my own and found a 4 1/2 minute version of the video.

I would be ashamed if I were you guys accusing Franklin Graham. Hang my head and cry remorsefully ashamed if I had accused him in this way ! He said NOTHING LIKE WHAT YOU ACCUSE HIM OF AT ALL! He simply didn't!

The only reason you get by with it is because there is only a little circle of people that feel they are called to tear others down. In this case there is no "error exposed" ... just false accusations from some guys.

You will give an account for every idle word one day. Contemplating what the Lord may feel or say about those who falsely sling mud on His bride ... and in the process help to destroy the faith of many... is a very scary thing I would think. I should stop if I were you. Just my 2 cents.

But... go ahead... carry on ... pass false judgement on things you do not understand. After all, there is nothing new under the sun.

Unbelievable! No wonder the world laughs at the church. Folks who are demonstrating no power of God then accusing and shooting believers who are actually trying to reach others.

God help us and have mercy on the self righteous ones who feel compelled to throw mud on your bride. Unbelievable!

2012/2/21 18:14Profile

Re:

"You will give an account for every idle word one day. Contemplating what the Lord may feel or say about those who falsely sling mud on His bride ... and in the process help to destroy the faith of many... is a very scary thing I would think. I should stop if I were you. Just my 2 cents."

Solomon,

You will give account for promoting the lakeland revival and calling evil good. I would stop if I were you also. Take the plank out of your own eye friend.

Jim

2012/2/21 18:23

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy