SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Franklin Graham's sad presentation of the "Gospel"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread

Franklin Graham's sad presentation of the "Gospel"

Sadly I watched secular Liberals expose the preposterous twistings and turnings of a man, who seemed not to know what is the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. He believes that Rick Santorum is a Christian because of his good morals??? He states that Mormons believe in Jesus Christ??? I wacthed the whole interview and it made me squirm in my seat. http://youtu.be/ntF-uIs7ork ... bro Frank

2012/2/21 10:06

Re: Franklin Graham's sad presentation of the "Gospel"

One of those things already figured. Everything's being shaken.

Bless you, Brother Frank.

2012/2/21 10:21

Re:

Shaken, yes, everything...........bro Frank

2012/2/21 14:01

Re:

This is sad. I respected Franklin Graham for his stand for the gospel. Now as one of the SI threads is asking. Does he know what the gosoel is?

A year ago he takes a bold stand against Islam and says Jesus is the only way for salvation. But now acknowledges a Mormon can be a Christian. I am somewhat puzzled about Franklin.

Blaine

2012/2/21 14:31

Re:

This is sad. I respected Franklin Graham for his stand for the gospel. Now as one of the SI threads is asking. Does he know what the gosoel is?

A year ago he takes a bold stand against Islam and says Jesus is the only way for salvation. But now acknowledges a Mormon can be a Christian. I am somewhat puzzled about Franklin.

Blaine

2012/2/21 14:31

Re:

Brother Blaine, this is just another example of watering down what it means to be a Christian. I am glad that the media was talking about, but I was sad that yet another Christian " leader," ran from the bold statements of what it means to be a Christian. Perhaps a refresher course on the third chapter of the Gospel of John for those who claim to be leaders..........bro Frank

2012/2/21 14:40
Solomon101

America's Heartand

Re: Franklin Graham's sad presentation of the "Gospel"

Really ?! Really?!?! Really ?!?!?!

I am so disgusted with the so called "Christians" that make posts just to verbally accost and attack others.

NO WONDER YOUR DENOMINATIONS ARE DEAD AND DYING! ... AND HAVE BEEN FOR DECADES!

He said nothing like what was insinuated in this thread. He was never asked about the Gospel and certainly never made a "presentation of the Gospel" during the little over 2 minute interview. Those conducting it were clearly trying to catch him in some type of word web....like a lot of posters. They kept asking him if different people were christians and Franklin repeatedly said you would have to ask them. That sounds reasonable. He said a few guys he thought were based upon their personal ethics and statements they had made to him.

Wow....nothing personal Appolus... lot's of posters will chime in and echo the same thoughts for you. However, it seems to me that Franklin Graham's presentation of the Gospel wasn't the sad thing.

The sad thing is the way those who claim to follow Christ are ever willing to crucify a brother over something that means absolutely nothing. Jesus body has lot's of scars in it now that weren't put there by Roman soldiers... they were put there by people today that are doing little for God but are quick to attack someone else who is.

All said in love... heavy hearted... very pained...but in heart broken love.

2012/2/21 15:05Profile

Re:

Hi Solomon, first of all I do not claim to follow Christ. I do follow Christ.Secondly the interview lasted over 10 minutes. I am assuming you did not see the full interview? What is disgusting is the watering down of the Gospel. Are we now to believe that salvation is based on being a ,Catholic or having good morals? If you believe that. or that we worship the same Jesus as the mormons do, as Franklin claimed, then you and I worship a different Jesus. There is the Jesus of the Gospel and then there are Mormon Jesus's and Jehovahs Witnesses Jesus' and to say there is not is to add to the woeful state of Christianity in the West today. This is the age of compromise . I shall not compromise the name of Jesus for political expediancy........ Bro Frank

(edited for spelling, sent it from my phone)

2012/2/21 16:06

Re:

comment removed. God bless you appolus for having discernment and taking a beating for it.

-Jim

2012/2/21 16:36

Re:

I think Solomon's reply to my post is useful. I believe what we see here is the challenge that is going to face every genuine Christian in this coming generation. This is not a thread that attacks a man or his ministry because of some thelogical disagreement, this, at least to me, is foundational. There is such a hostility when those who water down the Gospel are challenged.

It is now politically incorrect and unacceptable to say that Mormonism is a cult, which it clearly is, it does not worship the Biblical Jesus, they believe that Jesus is Satans brother and that He is a created being. Brothers and sisters, have we sunk that low that we cannot acknowledge that truth?

Do we now believe that by being Catholic means that you are saved? I would dearly love to hear what others think about that deception? My goodness, the reformers and the martyrs must be turning in their graves. Their courage to stand against the Catholic church cost them everything, now we live in a generation where men are afraid to tell the truth lest they offend. Solomon, maybe you do believe that Catholics are Christians, maybe you also believe that the Jesus Mormons claim to worship is the Jesus of the Bible, if that is so, then we shall clearly have to agree to disagree. Perhaps we do not even agree on what it means to be born again? Is that possible? Perhaps it is? ......bro Frank

2012/2/21 17:06

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy