SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : What is going on?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

What a glorious time with God!

This morning .... the Lord awoke me and we spent time in prayer till shortly after 4!!! I love these real early mornings...what a great time we had!!! You will never know the joy of meeting up with the Lord in the early morning or whenever until you make God number 1 and make the time daily!!!!

What a joy....words could not find enough room to explain!!!

PJ

2005/3/11 5:31
StevenL

praying

I wonder. If we prayed, gave, and fasted like Jesus said to ..... would anybody beside the one doing the praying, fasting, giving, seeking..etc. even know it?

Just pondering the Words of Jesus.

2005/3/11 10:10Profile

Re: praying

You have some good questions. Let me ask you a question....does anyone know you to be a Man of Prayer? If they do...wonder how they know it. If they don't ....I wonder why you don't have the reputation of being one.

For the great men and women of the bible are known by all to be great in the area of prayer. I wonder how they became known for it. Do you think they taught it and the wonderful times they have in it?

2005/3/11 20:20
StevenL

Re:

5“And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 6But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

I guess the only way I or anyone else could have a "reputation as a Man of Prayer" is if someone was hiding in the closet to see what I was doing with my Father in secret. That is...if I were following Jesus' Words and the closet-hider was not.

Wanting to be known as a great Man of Prayer or a great Preacher or Minister is no less prideful than wanting to be known as a great Rock Star or Movie Star. Wanting to BE one is wonderful. Wanting to be KNOWN as one is not. :-)

2005/3/11 22:41Profile

Re: And I love you too !!!

You know Steven.....I could say a lot....but why? What good would it do? So I will say....Love you too!

May God richly bless you for all the good your posts do for others. May you find peace in your heart through God. May you continue to encourage others with the fruits of the Holy Spirit coming forth. And may I also do the same.

Glory be to God....I must be doing something right!!! More will come against you as you do the will of your Father...just like they did to Jesus and we ain't no better!! May God shine his love and help you to continue to walk blameless in his eyes. And may you continue to bless others with your posts!

PJ

2005/3/12 5:20

Re: Today is the day

This morning my sister is leaving. She told me that she is needed to take care of her daughter and grandson. So I told her that she can leave everything for as long as she desires if need be. We have had some very good times clearing the air of things in the past. Also, it's been kind of nice witnessing to her.

It's funny....prayer time started early today! I awoke and could not get back to sleep....so you know the old saying....the Devil would rather put you to sleep than let you pray! So I started to pray and fell asleep. Then I got up at 4 A.M. to pray some more!

I am finding it better to take the time to say a real quick prayer for things as they come up through the day. That way all things get addressed to God. I have even taken to keeping my mouth shut when people bother me and taking it to God....since he is the one that shaping me. But I'm not perfect and that is obvious!!! Even on here I have to edit posts when it was better to have been quiet at first.

Love your enemies and pray for them the use you in the worse way. It's funny how God will remind me to do this when someone is really getting under my skin....he kindly reminds me that I am praying for the salvation of that person....then I have to stop and think....oh yea...better claims Romans 5:5 and love them more through the Holy Spirit.

One thing I know from work....it takes a rough diamond to girdle another diamond into taking shape. It's really nice when it's another real Christian brother and/or sister who is lovingly chiding me and with the fruits of the Holy Spirit coming through ..... reproves me in gentleness and meekness. And I for one need to remember to do the same. It's not how you start out...it's how you finish....as Richard Owen Roberts says.

Thanks for all the encouraging emails! You-all have been very supportive during this delay in getting the house empty to start up Morning daily prayer time meeting to pray for Revival and the salvation of lost souls. And you are right...all in God's timing....and it is the Holy Spirit who is supposive to be the teacher of us if we let him! Sister....you are to be cheerished for such kindness!!!!
PJ

And here is the scriptures that I am looking forward to being Known to be part of my life.....

[b]Galatians 5:22-27 (Amplified Bible)[/b]
But the fruit of the [Holy] Spirit [the work which His presence within accomplishes] is love, joy (gladness), peace, patience (an even temper, forbearance), kindness, goodness (benevolence), faithfulness, Gentleness (meekness, humility), self-control (self-restraint, continence). Against such things there is no law [[a]that can bring a charge]. And those who belong to Christ Jesus (the Messiah) have crucified the flesh (the godless human nature) with its passions and appetites and desires. If we live by the [Holy] Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. [If by the Holy Spirit [b]we have our life in God, let us go forward [c]walking in line, our conduct controlled by the Spirit.] Let us not become vainglorious and self-conceited, competitive and challenging and provoking and irritating to one another, envying and being jealous of one another.

2005/3/12 5:34
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re: Today is the day

Quote:

prayer4am wrote:
I am finding it better to take the time to say a real quick prayer for things as they come up through the day. That way all things get addressed to God.

I think that there is a book written by someone with the name of Frank Laubach where he touches on a very simaler line of prayer. It really helps keep your mind and heart be attentive to prayer and being a priest. I found that it was quite an effort. We are talking to the God of the universe about the eternal and sometimes temporal destinys of folk and the weight of the burden that confronted me really took allot out of me. Thanks for reminding of it again, it truely is the greatest force in the world.

Keep going,

2005/3/12 5:42Profile

Signing off this board for awhile except to use the downloads

It seems that I did a post in another forum that cause quite a bit of stir that was never meant to be. So as to make sure everyone understands that I am NOT perfect nor claiming to be.....I wanted to make sure everyone knows what happened....so I copied and pasted the last post on the other forum.

My fullest intent also was to encourage others to Pray and Pray for Revival and the salvation of lost souls. I never thought I would be in an AOL chat room and get stomped on, bit, and lashed at for my personal beliefs nor encouraging others to pray and the benefits that come from it. But I sure did get an ear full. And I am not fully blameless....but when I realized that sin was at the door of mine and/or my family members here...I tried to put an end to it and make a positive thought to stop all the hatred that was coming through. To which I found out that was wrong too....

So....I think it's time to going back to the downloads only and let the others do some wound licking and hopefully .... like myself...learn to display the fruits of the Holy Spirit more towards each other and ourselves. So without further words....here is the other posts:

Wow....I NEVER intented this post to get as heavy as it did.....nor have anyone biting others....so I decided to end the whole thing and try and lighten everyone up by making US realize that we are family. It was supposive to show us areas that we are sometimes missing the boat on in our beliefs...not your beliefs nor my beliefs....just in our heart's.....and help in a nice way to help us take an account of walking better with God and allowing him to bless us because of it.

I Never thought it would go to a "Tithing" heated debate. If tithing is not your cup of tea...try some delicious cake.....but leave the mud pie for the kids to play with and enjoy. And originally....also the topic was also about the lack of Prayer and missing out on the blessings there....yet that got overlooked completely somehow.

So to end the chances of sinning and biting one another over personal beliefs and thoughts....I decided to pull it all off and stop the whole thing. It needed to be done and done immediately....making sure that no more sinning and biting got another chance to lash out. Leaving it all up would of gave the Devil a foot hold that was originally NEVER meant to be.

I think that the old scripture...when you go to present your gift at the altar and remember that "Someone has aught against you"....not that you did anything wrong...but there is hard feelings ....going to them to make a clear path of understanding and family-hood is a must before coming back to offer your gift. Family is more important than gifts and definitely more important than differences of beliefs and thoughts.

I do not know the "rules" of this sight....I just know common sense....if what you are doing is causing a Brother or Sister to sin...and you can stop it or calm the waters...then you should do so and do it immediately. Your intentions might never have been to start something...but have you ever been baking a cake and your brother comes in and wants some or to lick the frosting bowl? You forget the arguments that you had on the way to school or about how to feed the dog.

Stop the train of thoughts and the arguing and focus on something good. That was my intent and I'm finding my whole benefit of this sight is fastly sliding down hill. I do not need to get bit by someone claiming to be my brother or sister...I have enough problems trying not to sin each day....and walking among the definite Devil's people.

So....with that....I'll stick to my one post if that and use the downloads. This post and the lashing really makes me wonder how much we really do love our family members. But if you are anywhere near Detroit....I make a mean Cake with great frosting!!!! Let me know and you can come over and stay over if you desire.

But no mud pies are coming in the door!!! They stay in the play ground across the street!!! I'm sorry to have cause all this trouble....it was Never meant to be. All I can say is ... WOW.

Sorry Disgusted and everyone else....I need to back off and out except the downloads for now if not permantly. Way too much heat and lashing in here.
PJ

P.S. Pray for us all!

2005/3/12 21:01
StevenL

Re:

Well Prayer, I pray that you will receive the true rewards for your praying and your ministry as the Word deems fitting. I pray that your ministry to the Sheep of God will be much more sincere than the blessing that you've given me here. Brother, I pray that you will always be truthful with yourself and all others in the Body to whom you are providing service. And may the Lord Yeshua guide you into all the Truth in His Spirit. See you on that Day! God bless.

2005/3/12 21:36Profile

A Public Signing off

Hello Greg and Mike

Just wanted to let you know that after sleeping and praying on what took place on SermonIndex.net yesterday.... I just wanted to let you know that I am sorry for jumping all over you. Please forgive me.

You just hit me right after I was through posting after your Moderator had went off on me publicly without the proper manners of questioning me privately first (it hurt and I found it a little childish and rude).

A Suggestion if I may......When someone first joins....why not have an automatic email and welcome screen to them explaining the rules of posting and editing to them? This way they do not make a simple mistake and loose face publicly on the forum from you and/or your moderators. You might think that it's posted someone on that website....but don't you think it would cause a lot less trouble to just make is simple for them? And won't it be more loving to first go privately to your brother and/or sister and bring a matter to them first before taking it to the church publicly and shame them?

Just a thought.....cause it sure was not good style to jump publicly on me by either of you two without a personal questioning in private about it. It was a classic bad management style which all management books will show you.

I had absolutely NO idea that what I was doing (with the best intentions at heart which I explained in 2 of my posts yesterday and thought it might of been wise for you to read the most recently posted ones before jumping on me too) was something so wrong in the eyes of everyone involved on the site. Never knew it until it was publicly plastered all over.

But you know what is funny......I was really losing a lot of precious time trying to help others on the sight and taking away time from working on my book. And the Holy Spirit was pointing that out the morning of all the problems. So I guess it really was God's doing to get me off of it. And besides.....hardly can one find the fruits of the Holy Spirit on there in correcting or trying to show differences of beliefs....more like a cat fight ready to jump in. At least that is how the last posts before the blow up felt. And I learned a very valuable lesson.....watch out about the love of money and so called "Christians".....they will stomp you down to justify their keeping of their precious money and will ignore anything on Prayer when you offer the two topics together. And don't ever expect the fruits of the Holy Spirit from this gang on here when discussing money and giving to God to show up. Maybe the wise here have experienced it and just clicked it away knowing that the newbie was about to get his initiation.

Now with all that said......I DO LOVE THE SIGHT FOR THE DOWNLOADS AND FIND THEM EXTREMELY WORTHWHILE. So my hat is off to you on that. So I shall look to the good and stay completely away from the bad.

So good luck with your schooling......and hope my suggestions will save you and others any more problems in the future. And again .... sorry for causing so much problems out of ignorance.
PJ

P.S. StevenL -- may God bless you too and help us both to be blameless in his eyes each day until we both arrive in Heaven.

2005/3/13 5:57

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy