SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : “I don’t know.”

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Joyful_Heart

“I don’t know.”

For seven years, the radical Muslim clerics had tried to convince the “infidels” to follow Islam. But the Christians, locked in the brutal darkness of the prison, would not convert.

“Mohammed is the greatest prophet,” they tried to explain to the Christians. “He lived more recently than Christ and was the final prophet of Allah.”
The Christians listened carefully and replied, “In your own legal system, a matter’s legitimacy is determined by the number of witnesses. Jesus Christ had witnesses of his coming from Moses to John the Baptist. Mohammed only witnessed to himself.”
Confounded, the Imams tried a different attack.
“Surely Islam is the religion ordained by God, for our empire is far greater than the lands controlled by Christians,” they said with smug smiles.
“If that were true,” replied the Christians, “then the idol worship of Egypt, Greece, and Rome would have been true faiths, because at one time their governments had the largest empires. It is obvious that your victory, power, and wealth do not prove the truth of your faith. We know that God sometimes gives victory to Christians and sometimes leaves them in torture and suffering.”
In 845, the Muslims near the Middle Eastern city of Ammoria finally gave up on seeing the Christians follow Mohammed. All seven were beheaded, and their bodies were cast into the Euphrates River.

Jesus commanded us to be his witnesses, not to have all the answers. The most powerful three words you can say to a nonbeliever are: “I don’t know.” Sure, you might have an answer, even the answer, to many of a nonbeliever’s doubts and questions. However, experience will show, there will always be rebuttals to your information. If you ever get to a point in a witnessing opportunity that you don’t know “the answers”—say so. Then focus on the one thing you know can’t be argued: your testimony. Your own experience with Jesus Christ and what he has done in your life is irrefutable. You’re the expert on the subject. Effective witnessing is simply sharing your story with others.
VOM extreme devotions. 2.17.12

2012/2/17 9:16Profile
Sree

Re: “I don’t know.”

Not posted with an intention to contradict your post. Jesus said in Matthew 10:19:-
But when they hand you over, do not worry about how or what you are to say; for it will be given you in that hour what you are to say. For it is not you who speak, but it is the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you.

If we give room for Holy Spirit to answer, then he will answer (because it is a promise). We don't need to know all the answers.

2012/2/17 9:44Profile
lylewise

Celina, Texas

Re:

Maybe we should be a little graceful with this group. Now what was there name? Oh yes, VOM. They probably don't have the wisdom of so many others more learned in their words and doctrines. Did you pick up on the part about relying on a personal testimony as their expertise? Huh, they'll never last.

2012/2/17 10:18Profile
passerby

Re:

Is it VOM, Voice Of the Martyrs founded by Richard Wurmbrand, the author of a very popular book, "Tortured for Christ".

At times, it will be like this:

Matthew 27:12-14

12And when he was accused of the chief priests and elders, he answered nothing.

13Then said Pilate unto him, Hearest thou not how many things they witness against thee?

14And he answered him to never a word; insomuch that the governor marvelled greatly.

2012/2/17 12:33Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

Rev 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by THE WORD OF THEIR TESTIMONY; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

VOM, formerly called "Jesus to the Communist World Incorporated" out of Glendale, CA and now in Bartlesville, OK., has had a huge impact on my life since learning about them the first year of my walk with Christ. The book "Tortured for Christ" was my introduction into the persecuted church in contemporary times. I think I may have bought it in a Christian bookstore in Yokohama, Japan. The persecuted church has always been a stark contrast of reality vs fantasy, juxtaposed against the Laodicean church.

Pilgrim

2012/2/17 15:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy