SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts :  Gems from John

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

Gems from John

I feel compelled to open up a thread of a devotional nature on John. Lately I have been captivated by this gospel. I invite anybody to share any gems they are getting out of John. Let me ask. Has anybody been blessed reading the Gosoel of John?

Blaine

2012/2/16 7:34

Re: Gems from John

"Lately I have been captivated by this gospel"

Lets start with you brother, what gems have you gotten and lets see what sparks from there.

:->

2012/2/16 8:19

Re: Aoproved

Glad to brother. Right now at work. Will share this eve. Watch board.

Blaine

2012/2/16 8:28

Re: John 1:1-2, 14

In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. He was with God on the beginning.

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.

God desires relationship. He is a relational Being. One of the greatest, profound, beautiful mysteries is the infinite God disires relationship with us sinful creatures. From the opening chapters of Genesis to the closing chapters of Revelation we see God in relationship to his people.

God dwelling with his people is not about religion, but relationship. This is reflected all throighout John but beautifully depicted in the opening verses of John 15. He speaks of the living, organic relationship of the vine and branches to the believer abiding in Christ and Christ being in him. This is organic relationship not organizational religion. Such thoights should motivate us to heartfelt devotion to Jesus who lives in us.

Paul prays that Christ may dwell in the hearts of the Ephesian bievers through faith. This is the true church. God living in the hearts of his children. This is why I write that we are not bound to a book but to him who is the living Word in our hearts. Certainly such thoughts should not anger but cause us to fall to our knees in love of Jesus.

The marvelous thing is one day we will truly dwell with him in heaven and he with us. Truly then faith and hope will be realized. Then only his pure love will remain and our hearts will truly rejoice. Dear Jesus, may that day come soon.

For your edification.

Blaine Scogin

2012/2/17 8:31

Re:

I remember a friend sharing with me that our walk with Christ is not regulaional, but relational. Love it.

Bkaine

2012/2/17 8:37

Re:

Quote: "This is why I write that we are not bound to a book but to him who is the living Word in our hearts."

And this is what you've gotten out of those first verses from the Gospel of John?

How many of the Brethren here have tried to appeal to you that we are to be extremely grateful for that "book" as you call it and that our walks with GOD are both "experiential AND based upon that Book".

Those that don't have the Scriptures would argue against your repeated putting down of His Word as well.

How many more of the Brethren, world-wide, will it take to convict you of what you have already been corrected on?

We've posted two threads already, showing you that He lifts His Word above His Name - and what those in countries that don't have the Word will go through to get it - and what that "book" has cost men and women through-out history to get it to us.

Again - GOD forgive you for belittling His Gift of His Word to us.

WHY are you reading it?

Is 'this' ALL that you've gotten out of the first verses of John?

Our Greek Professor who was a 'retired' missionary to India but still went there to teach during our summer 'breaks', took an entire semester to teach Just the first 18 verses of John and though he was a serious man and despite how many times he had taught this same class over and over during his life - he'd still break into tears over the Beauty of what is written in just those few verses.
He died in India, in his 70's of malaria - FOR THE WORD - just as millions of others have, since the first Gospel or Epistle was written.
[eta]I felt to add that this was a Pentecostal AoG Bible College, 33 years ago, where the gifts were free to operate in Chapel - and we had Chapel every morning before classes. So please don't come back with, I'm loosing your meaning about the "Experiential side" of His abiding in us that believe His Word.

When I was baptised in the HOLY Spirit, other than getting a joy unspeakable and the prayer language and gifts - the greatest gift that came with it, was an insatiable hunger for His Word.
The HOLY Spirit is called by Jesus, in the Gospel of John, "The Spirit of Truth that will lead us into all truth".
That's the side that we see lacking in these days of "falling away from truth" - the Apostasy.

You will never get what I quoted of you above by reading John, because if what you believe is true - WHY did GOD commission John to Write his Gospel and his Epistles and The Revelation - and Why has GOD preserved His writings for almost 2000 yrs against all attempts to stomp it out and burn these books of the Apostles and to kill those who passed it down to us and those who risk their lives to smuggle it into countries that are crying out for it?

John 12:48 "He that rejecteth Me, AND receiveth not My words, hath one that judgeth him:
the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day."

How would we know 'what' HE had spoken if HE hadn't commissioned and Divinely Inspired His Apostles to give us this eye witness account in written form?

John was the closest disciple to Jesus and I know from all that he wrote down for us, that he would recoil at your persistance in belittling The WORD - most especially on a thread about WHAT John was annointed by GOD to write to us.

WHY and HOW did John's Gospel make it to us intact after almost 2000 yrs?

Joh 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, *If* a man love me,
he will keep My words: and My Father will love him,
and We will come unto him, and make Our abode with him.

2012/2/17 11:02
Sree

Re:

I recently shared this in my Church,

John 13-23:-There was reclining on Jesus’ bosom one of His disciples, whom Jesus loved.

John always referred to himself as the disciple whom Jesus loved the most in his book. We need to get the same revelation that Jesus loves us the most. If we get it, we will always recline on Jesus instead of our strength. Once the Sheep finds out that the shepherd loves it the most and will take the sheep though best pasture then it will stop searching for pastures and start following the Shepherd.

It is not pride to think that Jesus loves me the most.

2012/2/17 11:12Profile

Re:

Jesus loved John most because John loved HIM Most and defended "The Word of GOD" right through his entire life!

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, **IF** a man love Me, he will keep My words: and My Father will love him, and We will come unto him, and make Our abode with him.

Notice how many times John writes on "Love" and "The Word" in his Gospel - Epistles and The Revelation that has been handed down to us at such a Great price.

2012/2/17 11:16

Re:

In Jewish custom, it was Very important 'who' you would give the care of your mother over to, in the event of your death.

2012/2/17 11:30

Re:

Speaking of Jewish people - do you have any idea how they would take it if you tried to take their Old Testament away or belittle "The Word" that they hold, that has 456 prophecies about the Messiah in it?

Do you have ANY idea - what this world would have been like, if we never had the Old Testament First and then the New?

What was the United States founding fathers basing their foundations for this new nation on?

Why did the Puritans come here in the Mayflower?

Where did we get our code of moral behavior from - in the past?

How are we to witness to the Jewish people if not from the Book?

Where do we get the knowledge about The Word of GOD in the Old Testament?

HE Spoke the Old Testament into existance through His servants, because He is the Very Word of GOD!

HE IS the One speaking and acting through-out the entire Old Testament and didn't suddenly pop onto the scene only 2000 years ago.

All of the first disciples were Jews and that's The Word that they had and understood that Jesus was fulfilling!

2012/2/17 11:47

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy