SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : The winds of repentence are blowing.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
timg

The winds of repentence are blowing.

A few of us at our church have been praying for revival at our church for the past 5 years. This past sunday at the end of the service our pastor opened up the floor for anyone who wanted to say what the Lord has been doing in their lives.
what followed was a blessed time of confession and repentance. It led me to hunger for more of the Spirits working umong us.
Please pray that revival will come to our church.
I have been recently praying continually to understand the fear of the Lord, and was overjoyed to hear one of the leaders of the church stand and say that he has been too!
God is answering our prays brothers and sisters. Don't loose heart! Our God is mighty to save.
Blessing,
Tim

2012/2/14 12:06Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re: The winds of repentence are blowing.

What a GLORIOUS report! May the revival fires continue to burn!

2012/2/14 13:58Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: The winds of repentence are blowing.

Praise God brother!

Here is an excellent testimony of what God did in this man's church but first in this man....

George Middlebrook
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=10853&commentView=itemComments

God bless you and I hope this testimony encourages you greatly!!
Lisa

2012/2/14 15:06Profile
timg

Re:

Thanks for the link Lisa.
Now I need your prayers that God will help me to surrender to Him in every area in my life.
My heart is so wicked!!!

2012/2/15 10:03Profile
timg

Re:

Lord bend me!

2012/2/15 10:05Profile

God sends a Spirit of repentance and fear first..then answers with fire.

"Hear me, O LORD, hear me, that this people may know that thou art the LORD God, and that thou hast turned their heart back again.!"...Elijah intercedes..

"Then the fire of the LORD fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench.

And when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces: and they said, The LORD, he is the God; the LORD, he is the God.

And Elijah said unto them, Take the prophets of Baal; let not one of them escape. And they took them: and Elijah brought them down to the brook Kishon, and slew them there.

41And Elijah said unto Ahab, Get thee up, eat and drink;
...... for there is a sound of abundance of rain.....!

Revival!

"Too much agitated to preach, he expressed his belief that there was a greater than he preaching and exhorted the people to let the Lord God Omnipotent reign in their hearts, and to submit to him, and their soul should live!"
Cane Ridge Revival roots, below.

This [ below ] is the spirit of repentance falling on souls in a real and authentic way, with unbridled confession of sin and need for God, fully bound up in fear of Him.

This is exactly what happened at Azusa....There was a drawing together of saints to pray for Repentance and Faith toward God.

Find; ANOTHER WAVE OF REVIVAL..by Frank Bartleman as he chronicled the foundation of this revival. People began to get a burden, to seek God...a passion overtook them, oddly at first, but began to possess them. This began in the midst of the very poor.

Then they began to experience something they called, "The fire falling."...It was similar to the Cane Ridge revival roots; in 1799.

Only after the movement has spread did Barton W. Stone "learn how to do it" and organized the Cane Ridge ecumenical communion service.

The Kentucky Revival or the Second Great Awakening

It began in the Summer of 1799. The sacrament of the Lord's Supper was administered at the church of Red River (near the Tennessee-Kentucky border), which was ministered to, in connection with the Gasper and Muddy river congregations, by the Rev. James McGready who had recently come from Orange county, North Carolina.

This meeting was held from Friday until Monday morning, as was then the custom. Mr. Rankin, Mr. Hodge and William McGee, Presbyterian preachers, and John McGee, brother of William, a Methodist preacher, were present. The McGees were on a mission to Ohio, and stopped in their journey to be present at the meeting.

At this meeting nothing remarkable occurred until Monday, when Mr. Hodge was preaching,

"When a woman at the extreme end of the house, gave vent to her feelings in loud cries and shouts. When dismissed, the congregation showed no disposition to leave, but say, many of them silently weeping in every part of the house."

"Wm. McGee soon felt such a power come over him that he, not seeming to know what he did, left his seat and sat down on the floor, while John sat trembling under a consciousness of the power of God." (Bangs). John McGee felt an irresistible urge to preach and the people were eager to hear him. He began, and again the woman shouted and would not be silent.

Davidson (a famous church historian) thus describes the scene:

"Too much agitated to preach, he expressed his belief that there was a greater than he preaching and exhorted the people to let the Lord God Omnipotent reign in their hearts, and to submit to him, and their soul should live. Upon this, many broke silence and the renewed vociferations of the female before mentioned, were tremendous.

The Methodist preacher, whose feelings were now wrought up to the highest pitch after a brief debate in his own mind, came to the conclusion that it was his duty to disregard the usual orderly habits of the denomination, and passed along the aisle shouting and exhorting vehemently.

The clamor and confusion were increased tenfold: the flame was blown to its height: screams for mercy were mingled with shouts of ecstasy, and a universal agitation pervaded the whole multitude, who were bowed before it as a field of grain waves before the wind."

Every settlement along the Green river and the Cumberland was full of religious fervor.......Then came the Cane ridge meetings.

Fear, need, breaking...crying out in transparent repentance, and holy fire falls with true life giving revival.

2012/2/15 11:13

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy