SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Posting about GFA or other online missions.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Posting about GFA or other online missions.

Saints,

We have deleted a recent thread about the Gospel for asia. We have decided to do so because of many of the accusatory comments and other negative things produced that we felt in the end would just bring more confusion then help.

SermonIndex.net is in full support of the work of Gospel For Asia www.gfa.org and we personally support this ministry as much as we can yearly.

The way that they reach out in their church ministry is different in the west and there is a high respect for spiritual leaders in India. K.P. Yohannan has done a wonderful job to shepard and be a servant leader to this movement now of over 1 million souls in the Believers Church.

Let us continue to be in prayer for this great church movement and not critize things we do not understand. I write this in love to all the brothers and ask that there be no accusatory comments in this thread.

Let us pray!

2012/2/12 13:01Profile
noone

United States

Re: Posting about GFA or other online missions.

wow!

"Let us continue to be in prayer for this great church movement and not critize things we do not understand."

Asking honest questions is not being critical. How do you test the spirits if you do not ask questions. How do you understand if we don't ask questions??

2012/2/12 13:18Profile
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
How do you test the spirits if you do not ask questions? How do you understand if we don't ask questions??

I’m sure Greg would value your thoughts, noone. There has been rather excessive criticism against various religious works, and we can appreciate a need to curtail that habit.

I know that Greg would wish us all to be discerning and ask questions. For that reason I post the link to a ministry under GFA. Bridge of Hope is the basis for KP’s Yohannan’s heart-stirring book, “No Longer a Slumdog” - which is currently being distributed freely.

I’m sure we can all respect others and leave it up to the reader to prayerfully examine the current philosophy and emphasis as discerned through examining the website. That way we leave room for others to think for themselves, unbiased by our public commentaries... and to be guided themselves by the Spirit.

Here’s the link EDITED TO REPLACE THE WRONG ONE: http://www.gfa.org/sponsorachild/

God bless you as you sharpen your discerning skills.

Diane

2012/2/12 13:40Profile
noone

United States

Re:

We are sponsors of the GFA's Bridge of Hope. Are you sure your link is a GFA's site? I don't think it is.

GFA is Bridge of Hope

your site is Bridges of Hope.

2012/2/12 14:03Profile

Well I was glad that you deleted that thread, I was hoping you would, it just didn't feel right to me. Here is a ministry that is reaching areas that were not possible before and all in the name of Jesus. And I take Admin Gregs word that he was there and seen the work, he was a witness to the things he saw and approved the work fit to be supported.

Most cities have a soup kitchen or another and the one that is in our inner city is Catholic and we support that work. When I was down and out many many years ago, this soup kitchen was there for me. I disagree with their doctrine, but I agree with their work.

I don't know all of GFA's doctrine but what I have seen and heard is encouraging.

Thanks Greg!

2012/2/12 14:06

A.W. Tozer ~ On Receiving Admonition
AN ODD LITTLE PASSAGE in the Book of Ecclesiastes speaks of “an old and foolish king, who will no more be admonished.”

It is not hard to understand why an old king, especially if he were a foolish one, would feel that he was beyond admonition. After he had for years given orders he might easily build a self-confident psychology that simply could not entertain the notion that he should take advice from others. His word had long been law, and to him right had become synonymous with his will and wrong had come to mean anything that ran contrary to his wishes. Soon the idea that there was anyone wise enough or good enough to reprove him would not so much as enter his mind. He had to be a foolish king to let himself get caught in that kind of web, and an old king to give the web time to pet so strong that he could not break it and to give him time to get used to it so that he was no longer aware of its existence.

Regardless of the moral process by which he arrived at his hardened state, the bell had already tolled for him. In every particular he was a lost man. His wizened old body still held together to provide a kind of movable tomb to house a soul already dead. Hope had long ago departed. God had left him to his fatal conceit. And soon he would die physically too, and he would die as a fool dieth.

A state of heart that rejected admonition was characteristic of Israel at various periods in her history, and these periods were invariably followed by judgment. When Christ came to the Jews He found them chuck full of that arrogant self-confidence that would not accept reproof. “We be Abraham’s seed,” they said coldly when He talked to them about their sins and their need of salvation. The common people heard Him and repented, but the Jewish priests had ruled the roost too long to be willing to surrender their privileged position. Like the old king, they had gotten accustomed to being right all the time. To reprove them was to insult them. They were beyond reproof.

Churches and Christian organizations have shown a tendency to fall into the same error that destroyed Israel: inability to receive admonition. After a time of growth and successful labor comes the deadly psychology of self-congratulation. Success itself becomes the cause of later failure. The leaders come to accept themselves as the very chosen of God. They are special objects of the divine favor; their success is proof enough that this is so. They must therefore be right, and anyone who tries to call them to account is instantly written off as an unauthorized meddler who should be ashamed to dare to reprove his betters.

If anyone imagines that we are merely playing with words let him approach at random any religious leader and call attention to the weaknesses and sins in his organization. Such a one will be sure to get the quick brush off, and if he dares to persist he will be confronted with reports and statistics to prove that he is dead wrong and completely out of order. “We be the seed of Abraham” will be the burden of the defense. And who would dare find fault with Abraham’s seed?

Those who have already entered the state where they can no longer receive admonition are not likely to profit by this warning. After a man has gone over the precipice there is not much you can do for him; but we can place markers along the way to prevent the next traveler from going over. Here are a few:

1. Don’t defend your church or your organization against criticism. If the criticism is false it can do no harm. If it is true you need to hear it and do something about it.

2. Be concerned not with what you have accomplished but over what you might have accomplished if you had followed the Lord completely. It is better to say (and feel), “We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.”

3. When reproved, pay no attention to the source. Do not ask whether it is a friend or an enemy that reproves you. An enemy is often of greater value to you than a friend because he is not influenced by sympathy.

4. Keep your heart open to the correction of the Lord and be ready to receive His chastisement regardless of who holds the whip. The great saints all learned to take a licking gracefully—and that may be one reason why they were great saints.

A.W. Tozer
[i]The Root of the Righteous[/i]

2012/2/12 14:42
roadsign

Re:

http://www.gfa.org/sponsorachild/

Thanks - here's Bridge of Hope

Diane

2012/2/12 14:52Profile

Re:

I didn't pay much mind to the first thread that was deleted, but I have been asked by a big financial supporter of GFA since the early 90's about one link that was posted to that thread.
They went to one of the sites off of that posted link and looked at all of it yesterday evening but today the site is not showing the pictures it did last night and the titles given to K.P. are not there and other writings. The page that they read last night is not there today, in other words.
Is there anyway to revive that thread in order to find the links again?

2012/2/12 15:52
mama27

Re:

From the start I need to say that I SO appreciate SI and all it stands for. Of course the moderators have a right to delete any thread they so desire. But I was disappointed to see that the OP was deleted as I was about to share it with a close friend in Dallas who is very much involved with GFA. Since the thread is no longer here to re-read, I cannot say, but I did not take it to be hateful on first reading of it. I believe it IS possible for any organization to have blind spots, no matter how wonderful they are. It is also possible for an individual to have an experience different from that which others have had. We are not to be condemnatory or vengeful, but we are to be discerning. I, for one, would want to know if there was an issue or issues with an organization bearing the name of Christ that merited looking into. I do not criticize the moderators - you have a difficult job.

2012/2/12 16:38Profile

Give unto the Lord...and then you are free. Give with peace and faith.

" Keep your heart open to the correction of the Lord and be ready to receive His chastisement regardless of who holds the whip. The great saints all learned to take a licking gracefully—and that may be one reason why they were great saints." Tozer through SI'ss churinga.

There is much to learn here...and as Tozer implied, and Paul boasted, a Transparent Life filled with Godly character IS above reproach....and has been so graciously
spoken here....must even INVITE criticism

Dogma, Strong safe walls, and hidden control breed heresy. In the ministry, ALL things must be done in the light...especially in the area of finances.

Millions and millions of dollars are doled out to these men, with no accountability except to themselves, and then when the giver questions where, or why, or doctrinal imbalances, they are attacked and rejected.

I think that it is healthy, and should be invited, in the spirit of Godly order....BUT....when accusation unfounded, and slander begin, then there is a time that mouths must be shut.

I have been to India multiple times, and must say that there is some good in all of the large, 1000 church+ organizations. I have seen thievery and graft and corruption too, as the order of the day.

My advice: "Know those who labor among you!"...personally, or at least one person you trust before you give.....and always, if you give, "GIVE UNTO THE LORD!"...Then it is out of your hands however they spend your gift.

2012/2/12 19:11

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy