SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Does Repentance Come After Conversion?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re:

38And they shall be my people, and I will be their God:

39And I will give them one heart, and one way, that they may fear me for ever, for the good of them, and of their children after them:

40And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.

41Yea, I will rejoice over them to do them good, and I will plant them in this land assuredly with my whole heart and with my whole soul.

42For thus saith the LORD; Like as I have brought all this great evil upon this people, so will I bring upon them all the good that I have promised them.

jeremiah 32

2009/11/18 17:33

Re: Does Repentance Come After Conversion?

Quote:
It seems to be a popular belief that repentance does not need to take place before conversion. Recently someone said in a forum that their pastor even said "repentance comes later".

Both are correct. It is before and after, more after than before.

When we first come to Christ, that repentance is basically an acknowledgment that we need Christ. The repentance that comes afterward is that of seeing our own ways when we seek the LORD. We are constantly turning away from things that we see in our lives that are not healthy for our spiritual maturity in Christ.

For example, David's prayer was that the LORD would search him and see if there be any wicked way in him, once revealed to him, he would repent, that is to say, he would turn away from it so that God would cleanse him of it. We have to cooperate with the Holy Spirit in mortifying the deeds of the flesh. The Holy Ghost reveals to us what is of the joint and marrow and the intents of the heart.

2009/11/18 21:32

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy