SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What's Wrong With Most Soul Winning Courses?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: What's Wrong With Most Soul Winning Courses?

I agree that many soul-winning courses is simply psychology repackaged with a Biblical flavor hoping to entice people to accept Jesus as their ticket to escape hell-fire.

I took classes in how to counsel women in a crises pregnancy. In time, I learned that while these principles did help me overcome my fear of confronting people about their sin, it failed, ultimately, in evoking a change of character in my clients. I learned in time to pray much and wait to speak until the Holy Spirit gave me the words. Worked every-time. The results I wanted was that one more person would be helped along in their spiritual journey towards God. It did not enhance the CPC's stats at all, but knowing you touched someone's spirit was all that mattered. Salvation belongs to the LORD - sometimes He just needs a little help from us - or we need to see it to encourage our faith.

My opinion....

2012/2/8 12:07Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

Thank you for all the replies.
Krispy and Bible4life, I will look into these resources.I have decided to get the book " Finding the reality of God " when I saw it posted on another thread afew days ago. I appreciate you mentioning that Bible4life.

2012/2/8 12:28Profile
sonsigns

Brumley Missouri

Re: What's Wrong With Most Soul Winning Courses?

What's Wrong With Most Soul Winning Courses?

The answer is it is a course. Every thing sounds good and gets you encouraged so, you go out in the harvest field equipped with someone else's tactics only to fail.

The best course of soul winning is to take action and step out in faith. Be yourself, know what the gospel is and be led by the Holy Spirit.

I am a book lover and love to read. Right now I am reading a great "little" book on prayer. It is titled the hidden life of prayer by David McIntyre. Leonard Ravenhill, suggested this book in one of his sermons.

Guess What?

No matter how great that book is or any other book is besides the bible itself, no courses, books, tapes and videos will do you any good until...
You take action. God will meet you there and lead you with his Holy Spirit in all things. He will even tell you what to say... if you listen.

I have to say I have a few books on soul winning especially Ray Comforts book on biblical evangelism which is the best I have read so far on evangelism. Rays method is to use the Law of Moses as a mirror, to show the sinner that they are in need of a Savior.

The best book that I will ever read on soul winning is the B.I.B.L.E. that is the book for me...

God Bless.

2012/2/9 0:09Profile

Re:

Hey no problem, letme know what you think of the book brother when you get it.

2012/2/11 0:46

Re:

you should checkout this place to brother, theyhave free material to.

http://www.chapellibrary.org/literature/title-catalog

2012/2/11 0:53

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy