SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Head Coverings??

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread
pilgrim777

Re:

Sean,

I'm not Emergent if that helps you any.

Pilgrim

2012/2/6 19:01Profile
ArtB

New York

Re: Hats Again????

It seemed only a few months ago we had a long thorough discussion about if God's Law requires the wearing of hats.

Does the New Covenant require woman to wear a hat to church?

Remember how women use to wear all shorts of gaudy lovely hats on Christmas, and even more so on Easter.

How about men?

50 short years ago, most men wore hats, but they took them off in church.

We older men could benefit from wearing a Hat, we get that bald spot on our head, I for one would like to cover it up. I am zealous for the Hebrew 'Yarmulke' for men.

I have nothing to say on this topic, all has been said before, and will be said again.

Ecc 1:8-11
8 All things are wearisome;
Man is not able to tell it.

The eye is not satisfied with seeing,
Nor is the ear filled with hearing.

9 That which has been is that which will be,
And that which has been done is that which will be done.
So there is nothing new under the sun.

10 Is there anything of which one might say,
"See this, it is new"?
Already it has existed for ages
Which were before us.

11 There is no remembrance of earlier things;
And also of the later things which will occur,
There will be for them no remembrance
Among those who will come later still.
NASU

May God Richly Bless all.

2012/2/6 19:17Profile

Re:

"So which is it? Do we live by the Word, which is written and given to us as Jesus, or do we pick and choose what we wish to live by in the Word given?"

First of all Brother, God Bless you.

I wish to add to your questions because there should be three and not two.

"Should we allow the word of God to live through us?"

This whole walk is about yielding and obeying God is it not?

Matthew 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Many people think that this is talking about literal words paragraphs and sentences and it's not. Jesus said that the words that He spoke were Spirit and Life. Though Jesus was speaking words, they were in actuality Spirit. And this is what we are to live by.

The other question was "or do we pick and choose?"

Good question. We all pick and choose. And thank God we do. I am serious. I know of a man who was brought up in a Christian home (I know the family) and he did something immoral that caused his parents to cut off his right hand. The parents read what Jesus spoke of in the word that if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off.

They obeyed the word, to them they were living by the word of God.

I do not believe that we should live by the written word of God. Religions do that well, the Catholic Church is a master at it.

Paul made it very clear in Romans 7 that when he chose to do good, evil was present. His remedy was found in Christ.

Romans 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

"I thank God THROUGH Jesus Christ our Lord." So THEN, with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but the flesh the law of sin.

Now we need to ask the question, what mind are we to serve the law of God? A renewed mind of course, be not conformed to this world but be ye transformed by the renewing of our mind! We know that this mind that we have is wrecked, it's been totaled, it needs to be changed. Paul tried to take his unrenewed mind and try to good with it and he found that every time he did evil was present.

The reason why that is, it's not originating from the Spirit of God.

Now, I know this to be true in a lot of peoples lives who are reading this that you desire to love God with all your heart, or you try to pray, or you try to read your bible and all that seems to be coming your way is evil. We read it in our bibles that this is something we should do, BUT, it's there so that we can desire it and for God to release it into our lives. Love will exude out of us not because we have to give but it comes naturally as sons of God.

Ezekiel 11:19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:

Ezekiel 11:20 That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God.

How will they walk in His statutes and keep His ordinances and do them?

By taking the stony heart out and replacing it with a new spirit. Out of that new spirit that He has put in us will proceed what is pleasing in His sight.

Just as Jesus wasn't fully revealed until His time, we too are under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the Father. That is to say, though we have His Spirit it doesn't mean that we instantly have the traits of the Spirit, we have to grow in grace and in the knowledge of Jesus.

2012/2/7 13:24

Re:

"I'm not Emergent if that helps you any."

Me neither!

2012/2/7 13:26
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Thank you for your reply Approved. I will re-read what you wrote and pray. Blessings!

2012/2/7 13:46Profile

Re: Approved

Bro went back and read your last post to Miccah at least 3 times and say Amen and Amen. You have articulated very well what I have been sensing in my spirit. Bottom line he is the Word. Jesus lives in us by his Spirit. His words spoken to us are spirit. It is not words, sentences, and paragraphs. But his words are spirit and life. This is liberating!!!!!

No wonder Jesus said if we abide in his wotd, if we abide in him he will set us free. Bro love it. Your post made my day and provided much needed sanity to some of this insanity I am seeing in the forum.

Blessings in Jesus to you.

Blaine

2012/2/7 14:38

Re:

Actually, the spirit and life words that Jesus spoke were recorded so that we could have spirit and life from them as well. They were not written so that we could negate the word of God by the Spirit of God. Jesus, being the living Word, is in agreement with the words that come for
His mouth. The very words that we have recorded in sentences and paragraphs.

On one end of the spectrum, You have the false view of biblicism, where the bible is made to be God.

On the other end of the Spectrum, you have the false view of, "The Spirit", where the "spirit" can lead us to truth that goes against the bible.

Then you have the truth, the Spirit of God leading us to understand the written word of God and receive life and instruction from it. Both agreeing with each other in harmony. The Person of Christ, the Word of Christ, and the Spirit of Christ all in perfect harmony. They all lead us to the Person of Christ who speaks to us through words in scripture and by His Spirit today...both in agreement.

2012/2/7 14:59
learjet

Re:

Quote:
Good question. We all pick and choose. And thank God we do. I am serious. I know of a man who was brought up in a Christian home (I know the family) and he did something immoral that caused his parents to cut off his right hand. The parents read what Jesus spoke of in the word that if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off.

They obeyed the word, to them they were living by the word of God.

Hi Approved,

This illustrates the point that sscott made even better, these people did not obey the Word, they 'added to' the Word. It does not say 'cut off HIS hand' it says 'cut off YOUR hand' (meaning the person makes the decision for himself, not someone else). We don't cut off others hands, but if someone follows this scripture and has a weakness in this area then praise the Lord for their obedience!

2012/2/7 15:46Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Great post sscott7.

2012/2/7 15:47Profile

Re: Kearhet

Based on your last post are you literally advocating self mutilation. If so then you are taking the scriptures in a direction that Jesus never intended. I think Approves view is more sane then what I am hearing here.

Blaine Scogin

2012/2/7 16:22

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy