SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Head Coverings??

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
myfirstLove

Re:

Hi Pilgrim,

You said: "That's fair enough Sean.
Use this google search and you will find many discussions on this topic.
Sermonindex: head coverings"

I could if that's what I wanted to do, but it's not. I'm asking for people to read the article I posted, and to show me if the guy used the scriptures wrong. I would like for people who disagree with what is presented to show me from scripture why head coverings were supposedly only cultural.

So far, everyone has done everything except what has been asked. Everyone has a comment but no one comment on the article or scriptures in question. So far people have said godly authority is Islamic, we shouldn't talk about head coverings because it's been abused, it's not relevant because of Acts 15, and we should really focus on the martyrs and coming persecution instead.

It would be nice if people who join a thread would discuss the actual topic of the thread and the article and scriptures in question.

Also, back to your quote above. I could tell that to anyone in any thread, "hey, stop talking about it and just do a search". In fact, we could probably just close the forums down and just let everyone search because almost every biblical topic has probably been discussed before.

I personally think its very telling to see how people react to this topic. People have so many opinions but they don't seemed to be based on the scriptures in question. This is dangerous, and speaks a lot to the condition of the heart. (by th way, I'm not saying that people have to agree. I'm just saying that if the dont, I would like to hear their reason by speaking on the scriptures in context. And I would like people's opinion on the article showing me how what is taught is wrong, if that's the case.)

I'm still hoping someone will read the article and address what is written, and if they disagree, show from scripture how this was a cultural command.

2012/2/6 16:46Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

Sean, since you come across as having such an air tight case, why would anyone think they could change your mind or even want to attempt to?

You postulate your stance more as a challenge and again, why would anyone want to join you in your "contention".

Be well my friend,

It's time to move on. If you are convinced, be happy.
Pilgrim

2012/2/6 17:03Profile
myfirstLove

Re:

Hi Pilgrim,

I do think it's pretty air tight, but I'm open to being shown how its wrong.

Seriously, if you can find fault in the teaching I want to hear it.

IN Christ,

Sean

2012/2/6 17:10Profile
myfirstLove

Re:

Deleted - Double Post - see post below.

2012/2/6 17:11Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

Quote:
I do think it's pretty air tight...

Thanks for that confirmation.

2012/2/6 18:11Profile

Re:

- ccchhhrrriiisss-

No offence intended at all brother/sister, the fact is that everytime the commmandments or anything relating to the commandments is mentioned, it is met with very serious oposition.
Our Savior told us to obey his commandments, regardless of our feelings, culture, education or doctrine. Forgive me for going of on a rant; that is a subject the greatly troubles me.

Shalom

2012/2/6 18:19
myfirstLove

Re:

Pilgram,

You said: "Thanks for that confirmation.

And that's just it. You won't "hear it" or "see it", because you think your teaching is faultless. There is nothing anyone can say to you that will change your mind. You brought your teaching with an attitude that you think it is airtight and now challenge anyone to show you where it is wrong."

Really? How do you know that? Are you omniscient? For the record, I've held views before and had them changed. Haven't you?

And yes, as of now, I do believe the teaching is pretty much air tight. The guy who wrote it did what people on this forum,who are entering this discussion, are failing to do. He's addressing the scripture in context and not building his arguments on emotions or unrelated verses.

Pilgrim, the only people being contentious are the ones who are joining the topic and not addressing what the original post was about. If you, or others, don't want to discuss the scriptures and the article, then why are you in the thread?

For others reading, I would still like to hear any biblical reasoning for why the passages in 1 Cor 11, regarding head coverings, should be considered cultural and not for today. This is the most common objection that I hear, so for those that hold it, I would like to hear the reasoning.

2012/2/6 18:42Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

Sean,

theEphah, believes like you so you have company. There are others, too, so don't feel alone.

The thing about people that judge whether others are keeping God's "commandments" outwardly is this: There will never be true, humble, broken fellowship, because you will always be scrutinizing your brother to see if his outward life lines with your interpretation of the Bible.

Pilgrim

2012/2/6 18:46Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

Quote:
Pilgrim, the only people being contentious are the ones who are joining the topic and not addressing what the original post was about. If you, or others, don't want to discuss the scriptures and the article, then why are you in the thread?

For others reading, I would still like to hear any biblical and spiritual reasoning for why the passages in 1 Cor 11, regarding head coverings, should be considered cultural and not for today. This is the most common objection that I hear, so for those that hold it, I would like to hear the reasoning.

Sean,

People have given plenty of Biblical reasoning and are always labeled "emotional".

Can you understand why no one wants to engage you in your contentions?

Peace bro,
Pilgrim

2012/2/6 18:49Profile
myfirstLove

Re:

Pilgrim,

You said: "Who are we to judge the Lord's servants on the exterior? ".

Who said I'm judging those who disagree? I know and fellowship with brethren who don't follow these verses.

In your other reply you said I should be focusing on being "in Chrsit". It's interesting, Watchman Nee was a man who most definitely focused on being "in Christ", yet he still found it appropriate to talk and teach on head coverings. I wonder if you'd give him the same advise. But then again, Paul also spoke of being "in Christ" and he found it worthwhile to speak on this issue as well.

Almost every truth in the bible is contentious to someone. Should we not talk about biblical truth and topics to appease everyone? That's kinda what the emergent church has done hasn't it?

2012/2/6 18:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy