SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Access over 100,000+ Sermons from Ancient to Modern
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : What happens when we pray? Take a look at a Miracle!!!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

What happens when we pray? Take a look at a Miracle!!!

Since God is so good today....I thought I would share a miracle he gave me for over a year and I did not even know about it until someone else discovered it. Now I am no person who knows cars...I understand some things but I always get a friend or a professional to work on my cars...always have. When I was in school for my degree and working full time .... I did not have much extra money....so I would pray over my car everytime I would get in it before turning the key over to start it that God would give me a safe journal back and forth to the place I needed and sometimes desired to go with no car problems, flat tires or accidents (and sometimes added...and if the car needs to break down to teach me something....please have it do it in the driveway coming back....and it did a couple of times throughout the years!).
Well had this one car and I purchased it used and did not do anything to it....just prayed and ran with it...sometimes adding a quart or two of oil when the oil light came on or windshield washer fluid when needed. Well I don't remember why but I knew I needed to have the car tuned up since I had not done so in over a year since I owned it. I asked my Sister's boyfriend who had always rebuilt my other cars when needed if he would do it and I would pay him (he worked for me much cheaper....and at that time I needed the help). He had me bring the car over for him to work on and while inspecting the engine...he said, "THIS CANNOT BE. THIS CAR CANNOT RUN. IT'S IMPOSSIBLE." I told him...why? He said turn the key and start it...I did and it started up right away. He called over 3 other Mechanics to look at it and they had me shut it off and did some stuff and then said ...start it again...I did...and it started up like normal....then I asked ....what's wrong? Thinking boy this is going to cost me.
My Sister's boyfriend said that something under a cover was needed to make the sparks happen to make it run and I did not have one and it ran without one perfectly and it was impossible. After some discussions about it he said...take your car and run up to the parts store and get this part...it's the thing under the distributor cap...oh i remember i think it was called a rotor. So I did and I explained to the parts guy that I did not have one on my car and I needed one. He said that's impossible that the car needed it to work. Long story short...he came out to my car, I did not have one, he said start my car, I did, it started, he was amazed, sold me the part....I took it back and my Sister's boyfriend put the part on and it started up just like normal. Then he did a tune-up with wires and everything that afternoon.
He never forgot it and occassionally while I am praying before starting the car....I remember that miracle. I don't know cars but God does! I hope I got the name of part right...it's a black and silver thing that rotates under the old distributor caps and does something about sending the spark or something like that. But I do know how to Pray! Faith the size of a mustard seed!

2005/1/22 19:31
gtenigma

MD

Re: What happens when we pray? Take a look at a Miracle!!!

our God is so good to us.
Thanks for that story. It means a lot to know how we can ask God's help in the smallest thing and He answers them.

Thanks,
Aaron

2005/1/22 21:08Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: What happens when we pray? Take a look at a Miracle!!!

Hi Peter,

Welcome!
Your member name grabbed my attention straight away. Here is a couple related bit's;

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=326&forum=35#2195]Power Through Prayer[/url]
[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=2795&forum=35#17842]Remember The Morning Watch[/url]

Thanks for sharing this, curious though, why did you put it in? ;-)

It is called a rotor. It is where the spark gets 'distributed' to the contact points within the cap and then out the wires and to the spark plugs which in turn fire your pistons. Your car cannot run without it...unless it is powered by someone else...
:-D

2005/1/23 1:05Profile

Re: A Tear of Joy so early in the morning!

Thank you for the threads. I read them this morning. And a tear escaped my eye and rolled down my cheek!
Getting up at 4 A.M. every morning (or earlier) in prayer has not only produce nights of praying, great results....but I never thought about it until I realized it....I can say for the FIRST time in my life....I am finally Happy! I have never been able to say that 100% but shortly after getting up at 4 A.M. and communing with God .... I am where I belong and I am Happy finally!
Relently, I have found that my dream time is becoming prayers being lifted up to God and talking with God throughout the night. Waking up even earlier and thinking the alarm has gone off and it's time to pray...to find out when it does go off that I have been praying for sometime. More time is spent with God then anything else in my life. It is where I belong.
Thanks and may God bless you for sharing such wonder breakfast material!!!
Peter-John

2005/1/23 5:55

Re: An Accident that did not happen

This morning...during my 4 A.M. prayer time...I prayed about the journey in my car and asked for protection against accidents, breaking down and flat tires....
On the way to church this morning....a young man kept driving through his stop sign and onto the main street which I was driving on....he not only ran in front of me but was turning left also....
I put the brake on and turned to the right and then to the left....missed hitting the Van by about 2 inches and left me completely wiped out on the side of the street...totally shaken up.
It came to mind...my daily morning prayer....God again provided answers to prayer...and his answer to my faithful tithing of 10%....for IF I had hit the Van....it would of cost me a car that only had PLPD insurance. Not a scratch and not a penny!! TWO answers to prayer and God's promises!!!

PRAISE GOD for his infinite mercy!!!
PJ
crsschk wrote:
Hi Peter,

Welcome!
Your member name grabbed my attention straight away. Here is a couple related bit's;

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=326&forum=35#2195]Power Through Prayer[/url]
[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=2795&forum=35#17842]Remember The Morning Watch[/url]

Thanks for sharing this, curious though, why did you put it in? ;-)

It is called a rotor. It is where the spark gets 'distributed' to the contact points within the cap and then out the wires and to the spark plugs which in turn fire your pistons. Your car cannot run without it...unless it is powered by someone else...
:-D

2005/1/30 16:30

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy