SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Removing "Father" and "Son of God" From the Bible

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
pilgrim777

Re:

A friend of mine sent this article to me. It is in regards to reaching Muslims. I found it very interesting.

"Father Zakaria Boutros was in Frontiers office in May 2009 and he graciously allowed me to interview him. You can read my interview in the recent (December 2011) issue of St. Francis magazine:"

http://www.stfrancismagazine.info/ja/images/stories/Zakaria-Butros_85-92.pdf

Pilgrim

2012/1/31 18:42Profile
learjet

Re:

Jonathan:

Did you get my message earlier in the thread? :-)

Peace!

2012/1/31 18:48Profile
jacquelinev

Re: changing the words of the bible

everywhere in the world to my knowledge the bible is the same. we do not ever change the words of the bible..not the words that were in the article. the king james bible stays the same. the rest is up to the Holy Spirit for understanding. The Holy Spirit is the teacher of all things.
thank you...jacquelinev

2012/2/8 0:27Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re:

I think that ginny brings up a great point. As an American, much of the Bible was extremely foreign to me when I was lost. Ha ha...as a saved guy, you know what? Much of the Bible is foreign to me now that I am saved. God reveals to me what He will as I continue to study.

I say don't change the meaning, just translate as accurate to the original as possible, and allow the Holy Spirit to enlighten who He will. Those lost Muslims need prayer; I think it's easy for us to get political instead of spiritual. From Eph 1:

...making mention of you in my prayers;
[17] That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
[18] The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

2012/2/8 8:19Profile

Re:

Sounds like the dynamic eqivilent model verses the literal word for word model debate. The question is which is best to reach moslems with.

Blaine

2012/2/8 10:27

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy