SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A word from the Moderator on Deleting titles or posts

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 A word from the Moderator on Deleting titles or posts

Saints,

We have noticed a trend of people deleting or changing titles and their posts. Including some people who have been posting without titles or just deleting their post title and content because of a disagreement in the replies. Having the "edit" function is a privildge we are allowing but it seems it is being abused and not used correctly.

We do not condone allowing posts to be just deleted or changed. If you are sure you wanted to post the material and questions then you will have to be prepared for responses that will affirm or also question or speak against what you posted. These varied opinions of others is what makes SermonIndex valuable. We are not a truth unto ourselves and need the whole body of Christ for balance.

We are considering removing the ability to "edit" posts which will make posters review what they write I am sure much more before they post.

Please pray along with us that we can make this website the best resource on the internet for classical biblical preaching and allow for the best godly christian discussions on the web by God's grace.

2012/1/30 13:19Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: A word from the Moderator on Deleting titles or posts

I personally edit because, I am not the the best at grammar/capitalization/spelling. I try hard to do my best in my original post, but still lack perfection. When someone like me that has issues with these, if I am not allowed to go back and edit, my original post may not be read/interpreted correctly by others, especially others that like to read more into someone's post. I really think the benefit of editing is beneficial by those that use it in a sincere manner, but as always in the "world", a few bad apples can make the good apples suffer unnecessarily.

Edit: I forgot to add punctuation, in the things I am not good at.

2012/1/30 13:41Profile
lylewise

Celina, Texas

Greg, might not just the mention of this be enough? It would seem like those, called out from the world, would be responsible enough to adhere to the rules of the moderators. This edit removal penalizes those who may have not put a thought together coherently. It will penalize those whose spelling is incorrect and who do not have S.C. It penalizes those who realize their punctuation does not allow the correct emphasis in relatiing an idea or concept. The edit feature should enhance the forum and not detract from it.

Can you not just make the appeal and let the brothers and sisters remind others when they do detect the abuse? additionally, they would remind the abuser of the rules and wishes of the gracious moderators that have so blessed this site?

I know we are supposed to pray over every posts prior to submission, but I have yet to see God divinely correct spelling outside of this clay vessel. Nevertheless, know that I appreciate your efforts in this ministry, no matter your decision.

ybiC

2012/1/30 14:12Profile

you take away the 'edit' feature, you might as well deep six the forum, like i've suggesting that you do anyway, as i've been led to write.

taking away the PM feature was a heartache, as it led NOT being able to give a fellow follower sensitive info, ie email addy or phone number.

y'know Greg, not three hours agoi was thinking about you, with joy. How God has used you so wonderfully.

i came to this remembrance, because i wanted to find a Len Ravenhill video to post on FB, and there i saw SI's youtube channel, and i praised God for all the marvelous resources, you have labored over and presented via the internet.

but you do what you want to do, i always love you in Jesus' Love, neil

2012/1/30 15:08
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Dear Saints,

this is not something we are considering to do anytime soon but are looking to future changes. I would rather be able to leave the edit feature for it really allows posters to have more freedom to correct mistakes.

Please continue to pray over these forums that God would protect them from evil men, abuse and other problems and that He would be glorified in these discussions.

2012/1/30 15:12Profile
staff

Hi Greg,
I almost always edit my posts of spelling or of bad grammer etc.If i didnt edit the post would not make sense.I think if you get rid of the edit feature it will totally clog up the system as people will have to post twice to clean up their original post of wrong spelling etc.Other features have been taken down in the last year..The only feature left to go is the edit.I hope it isnt a pattern ending with the forum closing as it has been a very great benefit.Without the forum I think the site wouldnt work.
Yours Staff

2012/1/30 16:30Profile
staff

Hi Greg,
I almost always edit my posts of spelling or of bad grammer etc.If i didnt edit the post would not make sense.I think if you get rid of the edit feature it will totally clog up the system as people will have to post twice to clean up their original post of wrong spelling etc.Other features have been taken down in the last year..The only feature left to go is the edit.I hope it isnt a pattern ending with the forum closing as it has been a very great benefit.Without the forum I think the site wouldnt work.
Yours Staff

2012/1/30 16:30Profile
SolaVeritas

SK Canada

Re:

Just an idea: I find it beneficial to type my posts in Word and then copy and paste into the forum when it looks ready to go. There you get the spell checker and it also helps in the process of praying before posting. Let's not make this forum a burden for the moderators please, and let them decide what would and wouldn't work.

2012/1/30 17:45Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
SolaVeritas....Just an idea: I find it beneficial to type my posts in Word and then copy and paste into the forum when it looks ready to go.

Good idea, but it's hard to go through all those changes posting from my iPhone. :)

2012/1/30 17:50Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Quote:
Greg wrote:
We have noticed a trend of people deleting or changing titles and their posts. Including some people who have been posting without titles or just deleting their post title and content because of a disagreement in the replies.

I understand exactly what Greg's talking about. There was a fellow and I that were in a deep discussion last week and when I come back on (SI) later to view other replies I found that he had added 2 or 3 paragraphs his post. It's very frustrating because he didn't do it to just one but several.

Greg, I have a personal request that if you do take away the "edit" function that you prayerfully consider bringing back the "preview" function so we can at least get a good look at how it reads before hitting the submit button for the last time! :)

God bless us all,
Lisa

**edited for readability!!!

2012/1/30 18:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy