SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Name Above All Names

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

The Name Above All Names

The words god, Lord, Adoni, Elohim, El are all titles. There are many, many gods; so which one do you worship? The Egyptians have gods, the Muslims have a god, the Hindus have a god, the Buddhist have a god and so on… Satan is a god and so is her rascal cronies that follow her. Remember, satan wants to be worshiped (Isaiah 14:13)

Her plan is to make us believe that the Creator of heaven and earth is just one of the many gods out there. So who are we praying to when we call god?

The name of our creator is YAHWEH, meaning self existence " I WAS, I AM, I WILL BE " the name that we have been taught to forget. Isn’t it peculiar that the bible we read today, the same scripture that he inspired doesn’t have his name in it? His name has been reduced to that of god and lord?

Brethren I urge you to study this matter diligently, It does make a big difference in our spiritual walk.

Isayah 52:6—
Therefore MY PEOPLE WILL KNOW MY NAME; Therefore they will know in that day that I am He Who speaks. Behold, it is I!

Are we not Yahweh's people? Then, when will we begin to behave like Yahweh's people and stop denying His Name?

Unger's Bible Dictionary, Merrill F. Unger, 1957, page 1177, says:
Yahweh (ya´we). The Hebrew tetragrammaton (YHWH) traditionally pronounced Jehovah (q.v.) is now known to be correctly vocalized yahweh. New inscriptional evidence from the second and first millennia B.C. point toward this fact.

Wycliffe Bible Encyclopedia, 1975, Vol. 2, page 690,
tell us:
The Name par excellence for the Creator of Israel is Yahweh, found 6,823 times in the OT. Through Israyl's deliverance from bondage in Egypt, adoption as a nation, and guidance to the Promised Land, the Redeemer-Creator is especially known by this Name.

The Interpreter's Dictionary, 1962, Vol. 4, page 923, says:
Yahweh -The vocalization of the four consonants of the Israelite name for the Creator, which scholars believe to approximate the original pronunciation.

James Moffatt, in his translation, The Bible: A New Translation, 1935, informs us in his introduction:
Strictly speaking this ought to be rendered `Yahweh' which is familiar to modern readers in the erroneous form of 'Jehovah'. Were this version intended for students of the original, there would be no hesitation whatever in printing 'Yahweh'.

The Encyclopedia Judaica, 1972, Vol. 7, page 680, states emphatically:
The true pronunciation of the Name YHWH was never lost. Several early Greek writers of the Christian Church testify that the Name was pronounced 'YAHWEH'.

Halləlûyāh

2012/1/28 10:49

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy