SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : A glimpse of what's to come (Manoah)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
lylewise

Celina, Texas

A glimpse of what's to come (Manoah)

I can scarce imagine a name so wonderful that man is told that it is beyond his understanding. In Judges 13, the father of Samson is told, after inquiring as to the Angels name, that it is a name too wonderful for Manoah's understanding.

After years of religion, God showed me grace by revealing Himself to me. By this revelation God saved me. Manoah too met God (the Angel of the Lord) that day. He asked of the Angel, "What is your name and how may we honor you when your word comes true." God responded to Manoah that His name is too wonderful (Isaiah 9:6) and beyond Manoah's humiliation to understand it. A lesson that the righteous man Job learned from the Teacher Himself. For us, by His grace, to profit.

No Angel, unless he were of the fallen variety, would have left Manoah believing he could some how pay even the least bit of homage to a mere angel. It would have met the same response as from the angel that told the Apostle John, "DON'T, for I too am a fellow servant (of the Most High God). Or in like vein in the rejection of worship where Peter tells Cornelius, "DON'T, for I too am only a man myself. Or where Paul and Barnabas tear their clothes, shouting to the crowd who want to pay them homage by sacrificing bulls to them, "Why are you doing this?" "We too are but mere men like yourselves!"

This Angel spoken of was the ambassador who brings word, as the Word. He receives the offering of Manoah and his wife. He then ascends in the fire that received the sacrifice, harolding through His action, the day when He will be the final offering. He who is slain from the foundation of the world.

Manoah says to his wife, "we have seen God!"...........Oh yes Manoah, you surely have.

2012/1/27 13:02Profile

Re: A glimpse of what's to come (Manoah)

This is Very neat, Brother.
The night before you posted this, I was compiling all of the Theophanies from the O.T. and looking at them word for word. What a marvelous study and this one that you posted was the one I spent the most time on that night.

Bless The LORD!

2012/1/30 17:52

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy