SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The battle of sexuality

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
DEADn

Lakeland FL

The battle of sexuality

My post is more towards homosexuality and maybe bi sexuality. The bible tells us homosexuality is wrong. It is somewhat even explicit in the OT as well and it is reaffirmed in the book of Romans.

I notice more and more that homosexuality is quickly becoming an accepted way of life through media outlets and through surfing the internet. Christian thought is quickly becoming an outcast and castigated as bigotry, hate speech, homophobe and all that other non sense.

I have sat back and taken all of this in and wondered what is really causing this to happen? It is an easy thing to say it is Satan doing this and really I think it is cop out answer. Yeah, the general idea may be true but we end up doing alot of damage by saying it is all satan.

I reflect back on my women's studies class about something my professor told me and I wonder if it translates to this. He stated that as men get older they lose testostrone and their estrogen levels rise in their senior years. Women have the same thing happen to them in their bodies with testostrone rising in their later years. So I wondered, those who say they are homosexual and really show the flamboyant signs, meaning, listening to their speech and their mannerisms and you will know that they are 'different'or probably a homosexual.. Do you think this could be caused by an unbalancement of hormones and this is causing these people to practice homosexuality?
How does this relate to the bible precedent of homosexuality being wrong. When it comes to hormones it becomes a natural imbalance and maybe there is some influence of the supernatural in some cases.

I see 2 camps on this debate. Those who use the bible to say homosexuality is wrong and those who say they were born that way type of thing and they were always inclined to be that way. How do we take the bible and make it relateable to understand why people are naturally inclined to practice homosexuality? Yes, people loved sin rather than loving God can be introduced but does that really answer the question? Seems it needs to go even deeper than that.

2012/1/19 8:01Profile
ET101

Re: The battle of sexuality

However you go about analysing this, I think if you don't have a worldview that includes the three heavens (and heavenly battles) then you're bound to end up with a natural (i.e. partial) analysis leading to skewed conclusions.

'Satan is doing it' is simplistic yet misleadingly so. For instance, I heard an account in one of Derek Prince's sermons of a mother who had dabbled in the occult while pregnant (trying to divine the gender of her baby) who (as it turns out?) later fell to homosexuality. Of course, I'm not drawing a hard-and-fast relationship. . . what I am saying is don't discount curses, open doors to demons, and sins themselves as God's judgement (a la 'God GAVE THEM OVER to their lusts and passions' in judgement. . .)

2012/1/19 9:25Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

ET101

I hear what you are saying.

On the one hand a person can say that those who are saying they are homosexual are saying they are born that way so it is natural for them and they know no other way. The other hand could say it is all a spiritual battle and these people are led by satan. I think both of them are flawed personally. I don't think satan can be blamed for it all and I don't think 'being born' that way is the answer to it. I think it is somewhere in the middle.

I have a homosexual uncle and I have wondered why and how he went this way. At one time he was engaged to be married and she just ran away. Not long after this he became a homosexual yet I don't know if it was a natural tendency for him or if he was conditioned for it.
I had a friend of mine who confided that he struggled with homosexual feelings. He was the worship leader in a small church I attended. We became fast friends but he didn't talked about relationships with girls. He was a bit of a recluse but he would stay in his bedroom and preach to the angels. A few times I spent the night at his house we took turns doing that very thing-preach to the angels. I broke friendship with him because his attitude became one of control. Not long after that I found out that he succumbed to his feelings of homosexuality. He spoke to me over the phone only once after our split and spoke to me about his heartbreak of his boyfriend leaving him. I haven't spoken to him since that time.

I also wonder, has the land sinned so much that God is allowing this parade of homosexuality to run rampant among our society to give us up to what we want in our hearts. This becomes a spiritual origin of sin but in the personal lives of homosexuals how much of it is spiritual and how much of it is natural?

2012/1/19 9:46Profile
ET101

Re:

I don't know how much is 'natural' and how much is 'spiritual.' I know there are Christians who struggle with homosexual thoughts on an ongoing basis who don't identify as homosexual - so they acknowledge it is sin and run from it (thoughts and actions) yet the temptation is there.

My (completely unresearch and unsubstantiated) sense for what some people describe as 'being born that way' is that for as far back as they can remember they've had this sort of inclination. . .and they might give in to it at some point. . .or not have a moral reason to resist it. So they weren't born 'homosexual' per-se but born with an inclination to it. . .then nature+nurture+spirit = manifest homosexual.

How much natural/spiritual? I don't know. . .also along with 'natural' it's accurate to include psychological/sociological factors (along with physiological ie. hormones etc). For instance, I've come across a sense of a higher proportion of cross-dressing in some Pacific Island countries. . . it's accepted.

Has the land sinned so much for God to give it over to its lusts and passions? I can only say there is so much sin in the land and God has done it before. . .

2012/1/19 10:17Profile
ET101

Re:

PS: I think many of us (Christians) are still so conditioned to thinking in a non-spiritual worldview. We look for cause and effect in the confines of atoms, ideas and historic pattern. I personally believe we need to break out from this and learn to see the world from the heavens inward - from God's purposes, from God's agenda and from spiritual heavenlies where our enemies reside.

2012/1/19 10:42Profile
Sree

Re: The battle of sexuality

Quote:

Do you think this could be caused by an unbalancement of hormones and this is causing these people to practice homosexuality?

It is a very Good Question. I wanted to post this question and answer it myself so that the Christians would understand the truth. But somehow I missed to let my view on this topic. I want everyone to read my full post as I feel God has given me light in this area.

First of all no mater what science says, we Christians have to believe that Homosexuals are not born as they are. We might be looked down like fools, I believe many posters here will look down on me for saying this. But it is a fact, just how Evolution and Bible cannot be true same way Born as Homosexual and homosexual sin cannot be true. I heard many pastors saying that these people are born like that still they have to give up this life and follow God because God's word says so. This is not true. Such pastors only show their lack of scripture and lack of fellowship with God.

As a young man my sexual drive (for women) was high right from the age of 13, I wanted to experience it and I know it is true with many Boys and girls. But does that mean premarital sex is not sin? God lets us have sexual desires at young age so that we will learn to control it and be master over our sexual desires to apply them only in marriage bed. If God has designed us in such a way that we will have sexual desires only after marriage then after marriage we would have all gone wild with our desires. I believe my dependency on God to control my sexual desires before marriage is helping me in my day today married life. So one should not blame God for the desires that come in our heart, having a desire to do something does not mean you are allowed to do it. If a man is born with desires to kill then is it lawful for him to commit murder?

Back to Homosexuality, the origin of it is very clear in Bible. Romans 1 blames that people lost their reverence for God and exchanged their NATURAL desires which is opposite sexual attraction with unnatural sexual desires which is same sex attraction. So Bible is clear that natural desire in any man or women is to be attracted to opposite sex and Nature also proves it. Two same sex couple cannot have a baby and produce mankind in Natural way.

Some of your friends might say they never got attracted to opposite sex so they are born with same sex desires. Do not believe them, these people are influenced by already Homosexual friends and this influence has caused them to believe that their nature itself is different. For example, a baby boy who is raised by two Gays will also have high chance of Growing into Gay. Because this is what he sees everyday and he thinks this is natural. So I would encourage Christian parents not to let their kids to be with Gay or homosexual kids. It might influence their sexuality as well.

Another reason for high number of Gays in US is the increase in number of Single parents in US. Young Girls and Boys Grow with high attachment to opposite sex parent (either Single Mom or Dad) and hence the same sex becomes an unknown entity. We always have an attraction to unknown entity. That is why we see Old men and women who had sex with opposite sex partners all their life gets to try the unknown which is same sex partner at their latter age. This is not some Hormonal issue.

2012/1/19 10:42Profile

Re:

It also seems possible that alot of what's going on in the world today is due to desensitization and overexposure to sin through the media, what's being taught in schools, legislation values degrading slowly over time, etc. We, and our children, are inundated with images of sin so much, that sin becomes "the norm" to society. It's also much easier to live in, or with, sin now than ever before since it's so openly acceptable without any repercussions.

In my day, if I'd chosen to follow the path of being pregnant as a teenager, then hopped on over to the bi camp, I would've been shunned, judged, and condemned. However, in this day and age, people celebrate over sinfulness. For example, I've heard there is a popular TV show called "Teen Moms" which many teen girls are obsessing over. I first heard about it from a sweet 12 year old girl who said she faithfully watched it every week. In addition, we have popular actors/actresses/musicians who are open about their sexual preference, etc. Add to the mix shows like CSI, which from what I recall is quite violent with blatant images of blood and gore, and you make for a loss of sensitivity and values. And these days, when/if you oppose what is considered today's "norm", you are shunned.

I'd say the enemy is doing a good job over time of quietly preparing the way for the future Sodom and Gomorrah. May we all follow the narrow path that leads us to Jesus, through His sanctification, daily taking up our cross and bringing up the future generations in the light of the Lord. May each thing the little children hear and see be words of light so that the darkness is easily discerned for their little ears.

2012/1/19 10:56
roadsign

Re:

Deadn, Here is a Christian website related to the homosexual issue.
http://exodusinternational.org/

Click on FAQ - and you may find answers to your questions.
You'll find some stirring testimonies here too.

You raise a huge topic which has many ramifications (and volatile emotions). There is no lack of people with more opinion than helpful knowledge. Becoming informed is an important way to meet the challenge appropriately.

May God bless you with insight and Holy Spirit compassion as you work your way through this concern that is pressing on your heart.

Diane

2012/1/19 11:16Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Diane
I know this issue can be volatile but it really needs to be dealt with and examined very carefully. I bring it up because I see it more and more in society and more people who are not homosexual seemingly helping to lead the parade while labeling christians and those who do not agree with negative labels. Christians are seen as bible thumpers with this issue because the 'bible' says.......

Yet, I Know we have to take what the bible says and follow it up with compassionate humanity in order to reach the hearts of homosexuals BUT if homosexuality has to do with hormones or other 'natural' activity going on within the body I don't think necessarily declaring something in the Name of Jesus is going to correct the problem in most cases. This makes me sound unchristian on paper but I think the reality of it is true.

I see an assault on christians on this topic and I see it creeping up to my doorstep to the point where I really need to undersand it and know how to deal with it properly without causing undo harm to the soul of a person beyond what is already there.

I am finding very often that people accept homosexuality more and more and the 'nature itself tells you it is wrong' is quickly going out the window. Animal kingdom examples are brought forth to show it exists there. I have my own answers for that mess, lol.

I will look at exodus international and see what they have to say as well.
Do you see where I am going?

Oh one more thing, someone mentioned desenitization. There is the show 'Modern Family' which is an ironic name for the content. The Gay couple on the show makes me laugh. It is the reason why I watch it if and when I do yet how many watches are getting desensitized by it? Is it happening to me? I don't know but I Guard my heart on it. btw, I see that show maybe every other week to every 3rd week if that.

2012/1/19 11:34Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

Yet, I Know we have to take what the bible says and follow it up with compassionate humanity in order to reach the hearts of homosexuals BUT if homosexuality has to do with hormones or other 'natural' activity going on within the body I don't think necessarily declaring something in the Name of Jesus is going to correct the problem in most cases. This makes me sound unchristian on paper but I think the reality of it is true.

This is the exact view I am opposing in my previous post. Can you please read my previous post?
Brother, both of them cannot be true. Either Bible should be true or Science. One cannot take the stand you are taking.
Do you believe in Evolution? No right then what makes you believe in Science?
Either Jesus is God and he came back from dead, as we all believe or he should have been a mad man claiming that he is Son of God. But there cannot be a balance between the two, saying he is a good teacher but not actually God etc.

2012/1/19 11:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy