SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is He Lord of All?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Spitfire

Is He Lord of All?

I'm just wondering aloud here to a group who might have input and really care...

The thought occurred to me today that, If a man or woman who is supposedly "seeking God", If God is not the hub of their life, then what is? I think there really are only two choices in life in which to center your life around. It's gotta be God or self. You may say, "Oh, I don't center my life around myself! I love my family and I'm faithful to my work." Really? Are you "tending" your family and work with all diligence? What are you "tending"? What are you worried about? What are you wringing your hands over? Where is your gaze fixed? Where is your mind fixed?

I'm finding that I have drifted and I never even knew I was drifting. I have become obsessed over an issue that arose in my marriage that scared me really bad. It scared me so bad that it drew my attention away from God. That, obviously, didn't take much and I was unaware how concerned I was for my man! So much so, that he stole my gaze! I've only just begun to realize why I feel tired and sad and scared all the time. I guess someone or something crept up to the throne of my heart and bumped God! Lord! Help me!

2012/1/19 6:42Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Is He Lord of All?

A crisis can sometimes, on a temporary basis, cause us to take our eyes off God, and to focus on the situation.

As we know, in 1 Peter 5:7 it tells us to cast all our care upon Him, for He cares for us.

Just about anything can cause us to lose focus if we are not vigilant.

God bless.

2012/1/19 7:47Profile
Sree

Re: Is He Lord of All?

Quote:

So much so, that he stole my gaze! I've only just begun to realize why I feel tired and sad and scared all the time. I guess someone or something crept up to the throne of my heart and bumped God! Lord! Help me!

2 Timothy 1-7:-For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

There is no need to fear any situation, the Spirit of God will give us strength and Power to face situations.

Sister, while I understand your importance of Gaze on God, it is important how you measure your Gaze. One should not get religious in this issue saying I have to do these things as a ritual every day to keep my Gaze on God. I see keeping my Gaze on God as my obedience to Holy Spirit and my prayer life and above all my dependency on his strength. No matter what the situation is, it should not prevent us from resting on his power to overcome it.

2012/1/19 10:05Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy