SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The law - The Gospel

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
pilgrim777

Re:

He fulfills the law in us by conforming us to His image to walk in love before man and God.

He fulfills the law in us by leading us to put to death the deeds of the flesh and walk after the Spirit.

He fulfills the law in us by leading us to be a pleaser of God rather than man.

He fulfills the law in us by leading us to walk in forgiveness.

He fulfills the law in us by leading us to show mercy and compassion and not be self-righteous (God be merciful to me a sinner).

And on and on it goes...

Just keep adding to it.

Pilgrim

2012/1/18 17:46Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

As born again Christians, we all know and agree that we are not saved by keeping God's "moral" Law or any law. We are saved by grace through repentance and faith in Christ alone. And we do not keep our salvation by keeping any law/s. We maintain saved by the same grace that saved us in the first place.

That said, Christ's commandments are binding on us in the sense that we are to obey them. In the New Covenant we are under the Law of Christ(1Cor.9:21). Esentially it is the same "moral" Law or code as in the O.T. but expounded in much more clarification than in the Old. We see this throughout the N.T. epistles where we are commanded and exhorted to keep the same "moral" laws as in the O.T. In an earlier post I posted some N.T. passages as clear examples. So God's moral Law is still binding on Christians today.

2012/1/18 18:00Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Quote:
And on and on it goes...

Just keep adding to it.

This can be very dangerous and misleading. A lot of people "add" to scripture all the time, and they are wrong.

I am not saying anything you posted is, but there is a limit to what can be added. If not, you end up with some wild beliefs, like the JW, LDS etc..

2012/1/18 18:03Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

I don't mean add to scripture, Miccah.

If you will notice, I have basically paraphrased some scriptures regarding how the Spirit leads us.

Please don't take what I say out of context or twist it.

I'm sure you probably did not mean to.

Pilgrim

2012/1/18 18:06Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

Sorry, Miccah,

I read your second sentence too fast.

Yes, you are right. Many new thoughts that don't agree with scripture are added by the Evil One all the time. He adds new contradictory thoughts and He perverts existing scripture.

Pilgrim.

2012/1/18 18:08Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Quote:
Please don't take what I say out of context or twist it.

I'm sure you probably did not mean to.

Thank you for clarifying.

2012/1/18 18:08Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Christinyou, as far as I know, no one is saying we are to look to the Law for eternal life or salvation. We are saying we are to delight in keeping God's Law as re-born Christians. We cannot keep it in our own strength. It is Christ by His Spirit who strengthens us.

Christinyou wrote-"If there is another way, I would like to know it. Please lay out the Plan of Salvation for me so I can keep the Law."

The bottom line is we need to be doers of the Word and not hearers only deceiving ourselves(Matt.7:24-27;James 2:22-25). You won't go wrong then. For the Christian, it's not as mystical as some would have it to be. If the Word says, "Don't do that", just obey and don't it. If it says, "Do that", obey and do it. We have God's Spirit and He will lead us to obey His Word with simplicity, through child-like faith. Very simple. Resist the devil and he will flee from you, etc. God bless.
Oracio

2012/1/18 18:16Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Every one seems to be of one mind. Now, I know people and friends and myself who are into drugs and other sins of the flesh, they cry out to God with tears believing that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and in all the script that says what Christians are supposed to believe in. They don't have the will power to stop sinning. Are we all lost and headed to eternal damnation in Hell fire, to burn forever?

I take drugs for a heart problem and High blood presure, and terrible pain because of Diverticulitus, ruptured discs in my low back, titainium plate in my neck, stent in my heart etc, is this my lot in life or because of sin in my life. I am 72 years old, not many years left and I am completely waiting for death, to be absent from this body and present with the Lord. The only peace I have is when I am with Christ in oneness by the Spirit of God and the presents of My Father. Am I still saved? If God gives any an answer please share it with me.

In Christ: Phillip

2012/1/18 18:58Profile

Re: YES you are still saved!!!

YES you are still saved!!!

You know no one can overcome sin by will power.
We overcome by HIS Power, Life, Faith and Love in us.
You know this! Relax in His love.

See what God in Christ has already accomplished for and in you. You did not even have a part to play in it.

IT IS FINISHED!!!

Now just enjoy it!!!

2012/1/18 19:23

Re:

Quote:
Oracio wrote:

The bottom line is we need to be doers of the Word and not hearers only deceiving ourselves(Matt.7:24-27;James 2:22-25). You won't go wrong then. For the Christian, it's not as mystical as some would have it to be. If the Word says, "Don't do that", just obey and don't it. If it says, "Do that", obey and do it. We have God's Spirit and He will lead us to obey His Word with simplicity, through child-like faith. Very simple. Resist the devil and he will flee from you, etc. God bless.

We're Losing This Message Here of Late!

2012/1/18 20:34

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy