SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : My Grief over this forum....time to close?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
sarahsdream

Re:

Quote:
Hi,
I am beginning to think I am not as in tune or sensitive with the Holy Spirit as most people on this forum but I dont see the problem.
To me this forum like the rest of sermonindex has excelled.
Gordon and the moderators are walking on new ground from a christian point of view and are doing an excellant job.
Just because a thread has offended doesnt mean the teaching was wrong or even if he was that it was intentional.
Their are only a few issues I believe that should stop us fellowshiping together,issues like deity of Christ,Atonement,the Godhead,Grace not works, etc.
This web and forum is a blessing to those who dont attend church regularly or not at all.The sermons alone without the forum are like a body without a mouth,Yours Staff

Dear staff,

I am sorry I missed your post. This is what I needed to hear and I wish I saw it earlier. I thank you very much.

In Christ,
Sarah

2012/1/13 22:34Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
It can take a toll on anyone and then you just want to withdraw.

I can only speak for myself here, but it is true that after discussing just about every theological and historical subject one can think of over and over it does get tiring going back and rehashing it all again. Rarely do we see a unique subject brought up (unique to the discussion forums). This is why I sometimes challenge folk to do a search and read through what has been discussed in the past. There are some very edifying conversations that have taken place in the past.

Time is another problem for me, as I'm sure we can all agree. A well thought out post takes some serious time to put together. My approach is to try to help explain my view of the subjects I am familiar with. I think this can be helpful if we all take this approach so that we can all learn from one another. Agendas are what really hurt us. These individuals are not here to discuss. They will bear along until they get tired of talking and then get hostile. We see a pattern of this. I suspect sometimes folk solicit help from friends that are more knowledgable in their subject to deal with dissent. I say that because of the radical chance in tone and subject matter that can sometimes pop up from the same poster. God knoweth.

If we try to steer towards edification and historic revival, etc. we can often be a blessing here. In times past the boards would be loaded with sermons and writings from classical authors. There was a lot less fighting and a lot more sharing. Just saying.

2012/1/13 22:42Profile
sarahsdream

Re:

MrBillPro.

I don't have any problem with moderation. Kids need parents, the Church needs elders and forums need moderators. Of course we all need the Lord. And we are all at different levels of maturity.

It warmed my heart to see staff's vote of confidence that not all threads that offend are necessarily teaching something wrong.

I too agree with staff that SI has excelled and happy that the moderators don't get easily flustered.

In Christ,
Sarah

2012/1/13 22:44Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Sarah, as I said "should" not.
God Bless!

2012/1/13 22:46Profile
sarahsdream

Re:

I'm sorry Bill. I missed that.

God bless you, too.
Sarah

2012/1/13 22:49Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
I find this particular "assignment" astronomically more difficult to fulfill. We don’t have the usual clues – facial expressions, body language, tone of voice…. – never mind other aspects of one’s personhood. Meanwhile our minds are going a mile a minute on some delicious topic.

I don't think anyone here could disagree with this statement, Krispy and I would be Loved more here if yaw could see us in person, just kidding, but I know I would be. Lol

2012/1/13 22:50Profile
Compton

Re:

Quote:
Possibly the moderators are very much like the rest of us, afterall.

It's a distinct possibility! ;)

RobertW touched on something that might help people understand the mods...in earlier times here, we've already contributed our share of blunders, impertitence, misunderstandings, and hot-headed divisive posts. We figure we would give others a chance;)

In all seriousness, to be completely frank, I don't really relish the role of being a moderator in a place where previously I was just one of the bunch. It's not a fear of me being misunderstood...I can take that, no problem...its the concern that I might diminish or even hurt someone unintentionally. I really just want people to feel that this is a place where everyone can share, minister, or just make a difference...not just the moderators.

I hope that makes sense.

Mike

2012/1/14 2:50Profile
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
Communication which is made more difficult by any number of factors.

Sarah, I got thinking about one of those factors. It’s the factor that has given me most misery, robbed me of peace and joy, kept me awake at night, hindered me from enjoying people, and tempted me to pull back from others.

That factor is MY EXPECTATIONS.

I have expectations for people – especially my family and Christian associations. Rightly so. But when they fail to meet my expectations I get miserable. My mind sinks into a quagmire of “should” and “aught—tos”. I grumble and try to get somebody to do something about it – so I can be happier.

Then God points the finger at me. The problem he addresses is, not them, but me: my expectations – or rather my idolatrous desires. I want what I cannot have, and will never have: a pure humanity in harmony with perfect, holy law and order, as I understand it. (Aren't SIer's especially sensitive to that?)

We were, after all, created for the Garden of Eden.

I find myself more content when I can accept others as they are, not the way I wish them to be. That doesn’t take away the grief – but it does free me to enjoy others - and God. I know God will fulfill his expectations and purposes for humanity.

Imagine! I don’t NEED anyone or anything to change. After all, I can be all that God wants for me - just where I am planted - even on SI.

Maybe all we need is a heaping dose of contentment.

Diane

2012/1/14 7:13Profile
PraiseGod343

Minnesota, USA

Re:

Amen! :) I have struggled with this this recently as well. It was with great joy that a brother reminded me that it is not my responsibility to ensure the harvest, only to sow the seed. And whether we are called to be sowers of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, or those who water that seed, or those who reap the harvest (sometimes, if God wills it, we may engage in more than one), ..."each will be rewarded according to his own labor."
- 1 Cor. 3:8 (abbr.)

Our burden is truly light in Christ; His yoke is easy.

How mighty is our God! I must laugh when I confuse myself, and think that He actually needs me to accomplish His divine will! Praise the God of the universe, the great I Am! Jehovah-jireh, the Lord will provide!

Thank you for blessing my day with your reminder of this simple fact, Diane.

Bro. Paul

2012/1/14 7:44Profile
Elibeth

Re:

I want you to know, I,too really appreciate the moderators here.
It takes so much understanding and patients,and wisdom, ..in fact, really demonstrating..
The fruit of the Spirit that we have within us....when different things come up in our lives,...it is a test,..it shows us what we are really made out of.

I too, was so concerned the other night about these matters that I had been seeing.I just began to pray for SI.

But to take some of these issues off,....I am concerned that some are vital
issues, that the Lord,.. Through someone's mouth, may be able to help someone, somewhere with a Truth.

And another thing I was thinking,...about a fire.
When we open a door and we see that it is a contention or a continual fire,and there seems to noting we can do to help,.and too, for the count of times revisiting the same post,....I do so to see if maybe someone may have been able to help in this matter,..then if not, I quickly close the door again.closing the door,..so as not let any draft in and don't put anymore sticks on the fire. Just thinking too,...
May SI be Blessed,
Elizabeth

2012/1/14 7:44Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy