SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : please pray for my son if you feel led to

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

please pray for my son if you feel led to

Last night my sons cat became very sick. This morning we found out she went into heart failure and had to be put to sleep. My son was so very attached to this cat and this loss is hitting him very hard. He spent much of the night up in prayer but this has been really hard for him to take. He struggles with his emotions and this really is hard for him. Please if you feel led to pray for him I know some will say it was just a cat but to this young boy he lost a best buddy.

Thank you and God Bless
mary

2012/1/12 12:20Profile
mama27

Re: please pray for my son if you feel led to

Awwwwww..... I understand....I think pets are a very special gift from God.....praying....

2012/1/12 12:39Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

praying.

2012/1/12 12:39Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Dear MaryJane,

Your son's loss is my pain. We have a 3 month old kitten that has stopped eating and drinking. I am trying to force nourishment into her.A year ago we lost another cat through her stopping eating. At that time I did not know how dangerous it was and thought she would fast until she felt a need to eat. Of course, we do not want to lose this sweet kitty. At the same time I am trying to keep my focus on Jesus. Here I am, at 68, having a time with it, I can only imagine how difficult it is to handle as a youth. Learning how to love and yet be ready to turn loose is a difficult lesson.

What you love is never lost, it stays in your heart. After the immediate pain of loss and separation pass (evern though they seem to never go away, they will fade), your son will be able to look back on the days with his cat and feel grateful for the time he was given with her.

Kindest regards,
white stone

2012/1/12 13:06Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

MaryJane,

How about a little follow up? How are things working out? Are you going to get your son another kitty? You can explain to him how there are so many that need homes and love. It can never replace the one who passed but it can mean the world to the new kitty.

white stone

2012/1/15 14:42Profile
tangible

new york city

father in the name of your son jesus the love that that child found in that cat replace it with the love from you

2012/1/18 15:34Profile
tangible

new york city

father in the name of your son jesus the love that that child found in that cat replace it with the love from you

2012/1/18 16:11Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Thank you all for your prayers.

white stone: No we are not going to get another cat for him right away. He is doing better but still feels sad. I think we shall let a little time pass and then look into getting another cat. Right now we are focusing on being thankful to God for the time that He allowed us to spend with Sara, that was her name. She was truly an awesome cat, loved to sit on his lap. She followed my son around like she was his mom it was truly a unique bond the two had. I have in all my years never seen a cat be so devoted to one individual like Sara was to my son.

Thank you again
God Bless
mary

2012/1/18 16:52Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Dear MaryJane & Son,

Thank you for the follow-up. Your situation has been on my heart. Loss of a loved one (pets are that, too.) is a dreadful thing. In your son's case, probably made more difficult as the length of illness was too short to allow him to see the blessing death can be to one who is suffering.

She sounds like she was a gift from God, perhaps looking at it that way can be helpful when the sadness comes. The devotion she showed him will not be lost even though she is no longer around to demonstrate it. It will influence him for his whole life. Praise God it was a positive influence.

Hey, maybe next time you will get him a puppy, and then a horse. You could end up with an Animal Dr. in the family. Being raised by God fearing parents is a necessary thing for children. Lean on Him,
white stone

2012/1/19 13:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy