SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Women teaching

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Artsenrook

Women teaching

The apostle Paul does not allow interference of women in church.
One has to be careful with conclusions. Paul says: if they have questions, let them ask their husband at home. So it seems he is talking about DISCUSSIONS by women, among themselves (in the seperate -mostly upstairs balcony- of the synagoge)about the matters presented or they interfere with the message being preached.
First of all: women can teach general teachings, like we are all encouraged to participate in. So, in Sundayschool for children f.i., that is a good and normal thing. Mothers always teach their children, also at home. I'm sure that is not forbidden....!
Another thing is teachings like new "revelations". A women is NOT allowed to teach such "inspirations" but has to check her views or insights with the teachers that are in charge. Remember: a lot of false cults have been started by women.

2012/1/10 5:34Profile

Re: Women teaching

Paul is referring to married women.

If you put that particular page under a microscope, you'll see between the sentences a fine line that can't be seen with the naked eye.

2012/1/10 9:03
roadsign

Re:

Welcome artsenook. I see that this is your first post here, and I see that gender roles are very important to you. You've come to the right place. Gender is important here too. So could you disclose your gender? Are you a young mother with children? If so, I can recommend a children's Bible which my grand children love. We call it the "God Book".

Yes, teaching young children the love of Christ through word and nurture is foundational to the well being of God's people. More emphasis and more support should be directed to this high calling for mothers! It's now proven that the first years of life are the most influential in shaping a person's character.

Today our society is enduring what has now been labelled as "The Crisis of Childhood". In fact the experts are warning us that we are in danger of losing this entire generation. It's that bad!!!!

How can the church support this critical role?

May God bless you here through new and exciting revelations,

Diane

2012/1/10 9:38Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Women teaching

Not wanting to partake in a second argument against women, were you trying to "Reply" to the "Woman Teaching, Minor or Major doctrine?" thread?
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=42614&forum=36&18

God bless,
Lisa

2012/1/10 10:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy