SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : HOW MUCH DO I LOVE GOD

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread









 HOW MUCH DO I LOVE GOD

Here is 10 + 1 question i ask myself everyday of how much i really love God.
1. Do i seek to please Him by consciously discerning His will and doing it on matter how costly or stupid it may look; do i obey with joy His explicit or implicit command?
2. Do i seek to promote the kingdom of God? Is his cause my chief joy; am i still enthusiastic about serving Him? Do i still live with eternity's value in view?
3. Am i willing to sacrifice anything and everything for God, no matter how dear they are to me?
4. Do i still crave for worldly goods, position and achievement? Do i compare and compete with others (esp. People of the world)?
5. How much do i grieve the Holy Spirit, without apparently feeling it? Do i care to wait for His leading?
6. Is sin still abhorrent to me; does it break my heart? Do the fact that God is displeased means more pain to me than any punishment or consequence of my action? Does my remorse go beyond emotionalism to ensuring i don't fall to the same fault?
8. Am i angry at sinners when i see them profane the name of God? Do i judge iniquity when i have the power? Do i correct and rebuke solely with the aim that God be sanctified amongst the ungodly?
9. Do i deeply long for God and his word; how is my daily fellowship with God, do i crave for his manifest presence, above all pleasures?
10. Do i love and associate passionately with those who love God? Do i see them as my brothers and sisters, and seek their welfare at all time?
11. Will i still be motivated and fulfilled in serving God if their were no hope for reward or fear of disobedence.

 2012/1/9 4:17
MaryJane
Member



Joined: 2006/7/31
Posts: 3057


 Re: HOW MUCH DO I LOVE GOD

Greetings Iyke

Some of these that you have listed here really touched my heart. I must be honest and admit that 6, and 11 especially have given me reason to pause.

you wrote:Is sin still abhorrent to me; does it break my heart? Do the fact that God is displeased means more pain to me than any punishment or consequence of my action? Does my remorse go beyond emotionalism to ensuring i don't fall to the same fault?
_____________________

I have considered this often over the last several months. I pray often that the Lord would change my heart and help me to see the sin in my life that causes me to walk out of fellowship with HIM. I also pray that I would view that sin as He does. I know that my sin causes Him who I profess to love to hurt and I do not ever want to make lite of that suffering. To view my sin as the LORD sees it that had been my prayer for some time, thank you for the reminder. I stepped away from that and now realize why some of my days have seemed so dark...

You wrote:11. Will i still be motivated and fulfilled in serving God if their were no hope for reward or fear of disobedence.
___________

This one is very convicting to me. Is my only desire to save self or because of a deep and abiding love in HIM. Jesus is so worthy of so much more then anything I could ever offer HIM and yet I take comfort in the fact that HE loved me first...again I say what an amazing and awesome God we serve!!!

God bless
mary

 2012/1/9 9:08Profile
Sree
Member



Joined: 2011/8/20
Posts: 1774


 Re: HOW MUCH DO I LOVE GOD

Quote:

5. How much do i grieve the Holy Spirit, without apparently feeling it? Do i care to wait for His leading?
6. Is sin still abhorrent to me; does it break my heart? Do the fact that God is displeased means more pain to me than any punishment or consequence of my action? Does my remorse go beyond emotionalism to ensuring i don't fall to the same fault?



This is really important point. We need to have the sensitivity to sin that Jesus had. It is like a baby being sensitive to a pin pinching it. The level of sensitivity that this soft Baby has is much higher than what we have with our rough skin. We feel it only when a pin pinches us hard. Similarly when it comes to Sin or even sinful thoughts, we need to have the same sensitivity that this baby has. To immedieately find that it displeases God and to move or run away from it.

Quote:

Am i angry at sinners when i see them profane the name of God? Do i judge iniquity when i have the power? Do i correct and rebuke solely with the aim that God be sanctified amongst the ungodly?



I think we should be very careful with this above point. Even Jesus himself did not come to earth to Judge evildoers. It is true that he grew angry at the merchants in temple but to understand the anger and its true meaning takes lots of maturity. It is a gift of discernment that is needed to be like Jesus in this matter.


_________________
Sreeram

 2012/1/9 10:52Profile





©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy