SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Woman Teaching, Minor or Major doctrine?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
PosterThread
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
If you want a dangerous place to preach the gospel to the vilest of the vile where it ISN'T welcome, try it in a church!

Bless you, Old_Joe. With these words, you’ve earned forgiveness for your jarring words earlier about women being too emotional to preach. Your scale is balanced again in my “lawcourt!”.

Ooops…. … you know I’m pulling legalist card on you – don’t you? Do not be flattered!!

Actually I preach in prisons, only we all call it church. These people are imprisoned in bondages inherited through generations of legalism. What began (the Reformation) as a means to liberate people from the smothering laws of the Catholic church, over time became smothering in itself. What began as grace became law. Yet breaking free from law through liberalism has not brought true liberty.

This is why I aim to lavish my message with expressions of the liberating power of God’s delightful grace – whether I do that formally or informally, or simply by treating the people with grace.

Quote:
I found the gospel to be relatively welcome in prison.

If my people could only see that they are in prison – then, yes they would welcome the liberating power of God’s grace as much as prisoners.

Speaking about emotional women, Old_Joe, I have discovered that my use of music can be effective in loosening the prison door that keeps the emotions shut down and locked away. I’m not talking about false, worked up emotions, but about true, tender emotions deep within – grief, pain, joy, tears, comfort. Praise and worship songs, performed expressively have a place in a setting that is more familiar with the old-staunch style hymns and organ.

... and Brother Joe ... If you can accept my strategies as valid, I’ll give you a few more points in my books. Ha! Just kidding!

Diane

2012/1/12 7:57Profile

Re:

Quote:

You got a point there! Or in an online forum.

;-)

2012/1/12 8:39
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
by Jesus-is-GOD
Sorry Lisa, I didn't realize that I hadn't answered this. I hitch-hike on some unsecured wireless connection, as I've said, and it fades in and out - so GOD only knows what I've missed.

Anyhow - John 16:13,14 applies to that situation as well.

John 16.13-14 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Thank you for hitting the nail on the head, sister. Do we honestly think that when the printing press arrived that suddenly the Spirit of truth stops talking to us, guiding us and leading us into all truth? I think not.

God bless you sister,
Lisa

2012/1/12 9:40Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

I love how those of us who follow the Bible are called "legalist", "immature in the faith", "hindering revival", "not knowing grace"...

What a bunch of baloney. Do you all even know what your saying? Your saying that the Lord's Word is void. Your saying the Lord is a liar in His word. Your saying that you know better then the Lord...

I too fasted from these forums for some time. But I do not threaten to leave if I do not get my way.

And I think that train of thought, either I get my way or I will leave, permeates throughout the 20th-21st century "church". People don't like what they hear, regardless if it is scriptual, so they move over to something that will "tickle their ears". They surround themselves with people who agree with them and think like them, so they can feel that they are self rightous in their moving and belief. Straight pride.

If following the Word offends you, great. Conviction is a powerful tool that the Lord uses.

If you wish to turn your back on the Word, then it is better that you not be offended by it.

Be blessed.

2012/1/12 10:32Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Miccah,

Who are you speaking to? Me?

God bless,
Lisa

2012/1/12 10:36Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

No one to my knowledge has accused people of being legalistic if they "followed the Bible".

What does "follow the Bible" mean to you?

The Bible says, we follow Christ. Jesus said, "follow Me".

He brings life to His Word by following Him.

Joh 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Pilgrim

2012/1/12 10:42Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Quote:
I wondering if half of those who disagree actually leave their computer room or church to work with the lost to actually apply what they believe first hand.

Another comment sister that is out of line. Since some of us disagree about women teaching, we must be "computer folks" who never get in the real world and preach.

What I do not do, is boast. You will not see me on SI speaking about what I do or have done in order to build status. But since it is called on the floor, here is a quick list of what the Lord has done through His ministry in my life.

*Missionary to 3rd world contries.
*Missionary to the lost in America.
*Church planter
*House church leader
*Jail ministry
*Street preacher
*Full time missionary to Africa in Uganda (pending at this time due to family circumstances listed below).
Husband and father to 4 girls and 2 boys. (My wife just had identical twin girls on Monday this week btw) :-)
*Support ministries throught the world financially.

The list can go on, but should it need to? No.

Please. Stop the attacks that have no bearing on the conversation.

2012/1/12 10:43Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Quote:
Who are you speaking to? Me?

Just a general observation of the postings on this thread. :-)

2012/1/12 10:45Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Quote:
No one to my knowledge has accused people of being legalistic if they "followed the Bible".

What does "follow the Bible" mean to you?

The Bible says, we follow Christ. Jesus said, "follow Me".

He brings life to His Word by following Him.

Joh 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

How do you know you follow Jesus? If it is not through His oral or His written Word? What do you use to know that you are following Him?

You quote SCRIPTURE as a reason as why not to have to listen to scripture. Ironic don't you think? Let me ask, how would you know to obey John 8:12, unless it was written for you?

2012/1/12 10:48Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

Yeah, but you gotta go easy on Lisa because she is trying to make a point about legalists putting burdens on others but they won't lift a finger to carry any "loads".

We don't always say things the right way, do we? And we don't always understand things the way they were intended, either.

We all know that living for the Lord is not about what we do, but rather knowing Him personally and being obedient to His Spirit leading us personally.

Pilgrim

2012/1/12 10:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy