SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Woman Teaching, Minor or Major doctrine?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
PosterThread
warriorofgod

Woman Teaching, Minor or Major doctrine?

I am currently trying to find a church. I am pretty knowledgeable on major and minor doctrines (by that I mean the essentials versus the non essentials as it relates to the soteriology). However, I ran into a congregation whose pastor seems pretty level headed concerning the gospel, but he allows a woman to teach in his Sunday school. Do you think this is good reason to not join a church? How about leave one? If so, why?

Thanks for your help.

2012/1/6 19:17Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re: Woman Teaching, Minor or Major doctrine?

Wow. In my opinion, tough question.

I will say this. I believe that scripture says that a man is to lead in the palce of worship and in small groups.

At the same time I would be blind to say that there are not women who are great in a teaching role.

The question always boils down to this (with me), Does ability (as in a women preaching...good at times I may add) trump order (as in scripture teaching that it is a man's place to teach and not a women).

Order wins out.

What ever you do, please obey the Spirit as He leads you.

Blessings!

2012/1/6 20:52Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Quote:
warriorofgod wrote:
However, I ran into a congregation whose pastor seems pretty level headed concerning the gospel, but he allows a woman to teach in his Sunday school. Do you think this is good reason to not join a church? How about leave one? If so, why?

I would "attend" this church, I've stopped "joining" churches but i would definitely go to this one until an essential doctrine dispute came up.

God bless,
Lisa

2012/1/6 20:55Profile
savannah

Q. Woman Teaching, Minor or Major doctrine?

A. Major doctrine

1 Timothy 2:11-14 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

The greek word hēsuchia is translated into the english word silence in verses 11 and 12 above. This greek word is used only 4 times in the New Testament. It is also translated silence in Acts 22:2. It is translated quietness in 2 Thess. 3:12.

A woman may be in the transgression as she assumes the role of teaching the Word of God in the assembly(church),yet the assembly(especially the men) is in the transgression for hearkening to her.

Isaiah 3:12 As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they who lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths.

It all goes back to Genesis;

Genesis 3:17 "And to Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened to the voice of thy wife..."

Genesis 16:2 And Sarai said to Abram, Behold, now, the LORD hath restrained me from bearing: I pray thee go in to my maid; it may be that I may obtain children by her. And Abram hearkened to the voice of Sarai.

The subtilty of the serpent is behind this Major erroneous doctrine of women in leadership roles. It's not Eve alone being beguiled now,but whole households and assemblies.

2 Cor. 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

1 Cor. 14:34 Let yourp women be keeping silent in the assemblies, for it has not been permitted to them to be speaking, but to be subjecting themselves, just as also the Law says. But if they desire to learn anything, let them be questioning their own husbands at home, for it is disgraceful [or, shameful] [for] women to be speaking in an assembly.

1 Cor. 14:34 Let the women in the ecclesias hush, for it is not permitted to them to speak, but let them be subject, according as the law, also is saying, "Now, if they want to learn anything, let them be inquiring of their own husbands at home, for it is a shame for a woman to be speaking in the ecclesia."

Q. Do you think this is good reason to not join a church? How about leave one? If so, why?

A. See all of the above

Hearken to the voice of His Spirit in His Word.
Do it now.
Don't delay.

May God lead you to the greener pastures.

2012/1/7 8:27Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Women are called of the Lord

Quote:
Savannah wrote:
A woman may be in the transgression as she assumes the role of teaching the Word of God in the assembly(church),yet the assembly(especially the men) is in the transgression for hearkening to her.

Savannah,

All your verses are like the ones who are against tongues use to try and prove that tongues died away with the last Apostle... and they are too late to tell me because I’ve had the gifts of tongues for twenty-five years.

And you are too late to tell me that women can’t preach because even as Mark 16.17 says “And they went forth, and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.” I am a witness of the Lord using women and then confirming with her word with signs following for the men that was there as well as for the women.

God bless,
Lisa

2012/1/7 13:43Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Lysa.

Your speaking ability vs. order. Do women have the ability to teach? Yes. Should they be teaching men? No. Godly order.

It is scriptual that women do not teach men, and to say that it is not scriptual, is to teach against scripture itself.

2012/1/7 14:51Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

As a female I would feel uncomfortable to have a female teach a mixed group of adult men and women.

Women are also given the gift of teaching but it is to be done in its proper place. Titus 2 gives us guidelines for it. 1Corinthians 11 teaches us what a woman should do to enhance her ability to prophesy. The Scripture has a lot to say on this issue. But having said that, it does behoove a female to be a student of the WORD lest anyone, including males would work to lead her astray via false doctrine or anything else that tempts a person.

There are too many males (and females) in position of leadership who are there mostly as administrators or to exercise authority over others who know nothing about walking with the LORD. This makes submission for the godly woman very difficult when this become obvious. When this happens you will just have to lean back in the arms of the Savior and bask in his protective care and leadership.

Warrior, to answer your question, I would keep looking, leaning on the Holy Spirit for guidance. He is more interested in you finding the right brotherhood then you are.

God bless.

2012/1/7 15:31Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
Miccah wrote:
Your speaking ability vs. order. Do women have the ability to teach? Yes. Should they be teaching men? No. Godly order.

It is scriptual that women do not teach men, and to say that it is not scriptual, is to teach against scripture itself.

According to you brother! (huge smile) I really do not mean to aggravate you, I just stated that my experience is the same as with tongues; people have scriptural evidence (supposedly) that tongues has ceased; you provided scriptural evidence that because of (supposedly) Godly order woman can’t preach / teach. I humbly disagree.

In my previous post, I was explaining that I have experienced firsthand God confirming a woman’s preaching (word) with signs following; the majority of men don’t even have that in their ministry. I don't know why God chose these women but I know that He did.

If God was a stickler like you seem to think He is, I daresay He would not have confirmed her word with signs, now would He? So that proves to me that He doesn’t get near bent out of shape about it as you people (who are against it), seem to; so I’m not getting bent out of shape either. (I say that with the upmost respect and not smart-alecky)

God bless you,
Lisa

2012/1/7 16:00Profile
single

I am sure you already know the scriptures which absolutely forbid such heresies and I see many of those scriptures have been posted by someone else as well in case if you forgot. If you think the foundational commanded order of Christian men and women is a minor doctrine which is acceptable by you to be disobeyed shamelessly or reinterpreted as so many people do on so called Christian forums, then you will no doubt go to that church. I would never enter it.

Everyone must choose to stand for something, or he will stand for anything and more and more be molded into the thinking and unbiblical philosophies of the world, or the shameless manipulations of heretics.

2 Cor 11:14 Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore [it is] no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness

2012/1/7 16:11Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Hey Lysa, :-)

Why did the Lord use a donkey to speak to Balaam? It was because Balaam's disobedience. The Lord used what He would to get through to Balaam.

Does the Lord do this now? I would think so, yet, I do not believe (scriptually) that this is the way that the Lord wants things to be done. I think that when men stand up and start being Godly men, we will see a great reduction in the amount of women teaching over men, thus moving mankind back into the harmony that the Lord established between men and women. Since we are fallen, the Lord extends mercy unto us in so many different ways.

Again sister. I do not believe that it is about ability. As you have stated, many women have the ability to teach, preach and such, but that it is not in the order of how the Lord established it from the beginning.

Blessings sister. I do love you in Christ. :-)

2012/1/7 17:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy