Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Moving to Ithaca, NY

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
abg

Upstate NY

Moving to Ithaca, NY

Hi

On Monday 9th January, my husband and I will be moving to Ithaca, NY for a year. He will be working at Cornell University and I will be doing voluntary work in charities and nurseries around the area. God has been so good to us in providing this opportunity and for making it come about!

We are very excited (but sad!) at the prospect and are looking forward to all that God has in store for us. Our families are anxious and sad about our departing, but I pray that God's grace will be their strength.

We have an apartment, health insurance, hardware goods on order, a list of churches to visit before settling, an itinerary for the week, jobs and interviews sorted and visas sorted.

Would you join me in prayer that all goes smoothly this weekend as we pack, travel around our families, and that our flights will be safe?

Many thanks for your prayers,
Rachel

PS. If you can recommende any churches in the area, please don't hesitate to let me know!!!

2012/1/6 4:43Profile

Re: Moving to Ithaca, NY

Bless you and yours, Rachel.
A dear Christian family that I've known for many yrs just returned from a year and a half of working in England. They loved it and took, I believe, 100,000 photos and visited so many European countries while there.
When The LORD is in it - all the needs are met. They had a true peace about going and they're basically homebodies. We were amazed that they took the assignment.

Will pray The LORD bring peace, protection and provision in every way and that you can handle the cold and possibly a snowy winter - though this yr has been mild compared to most, so far.

I'm in the lower part of the State, so if you get there and get much snow - would you mind to send some down my way? I Love Snow! :)

In what Dept will your husband work - if you don't mind me asking?

It does sound very exciting - an adventure, seeing how He will work through this next year.
GOD be with you all, in His Loving Arms.

2012/1/6 19:52
abg

Upstate NY

Re:

Many thanks for your prayers.

God has indeed answered some of my prayers already; namely that His peace and strength would rule over the departure from our families.

Fortunately, we don't have any snow!!! Even though (to us) it feels so cold, everyone keeps telling us that this is MILD to what kind of weather they usually have!!! (Including you ha ha.)

My husband will be working in the Aerospace and Engineering Department, researching into aerosol physics etc.

Beg my pardon, but where abouts in England did your friends work and visit? There are some lovely areas in England and God has blessed it with some fantastic countryside, beaches and city centres!

Once again, many thanks for your prayers,
Rachel

2012/1/10 19:30Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy