SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Remove Advertisements?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
JoanM

Remove Advertisements?

Is this the place/way to alert Moderators that the forum is being used for advertisements?

Both the foreign language threads are ads with links to web sites unrelated to revival. Secular solicitation.

2012/1/6 4:05Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Remove Advertisements?

I've noticed the adverts too.

2012/1/6 6:12Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Is this the place/way to alert Moderators that the forum is being used for advertisements?

Saints, throughout the 9 years SermonIndex.net has been running there have been advertisments on the site from time to time. Even a list of sponsors and also periods of time where there were 100% no ads or sponors. I have put back on the site these ads for a short season and am praying about a better alternative. One possibility is other ministries to sponsor the site.

Also we have been praying for more monthly supporters for this ministry to supplement or replace the ads: https://www.sermonindex.net/donate.php

Thanks for your prayers in this regard.

2012/1/6 8:14Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Brother Greg I don't beliieve its a complaint of SI using Advertisements but Spambots using the Forum to advertise random things like Purses, shoes, etc.

I must have missed them because I usually do a pretty good job of notifying you of these.

I believe the best course of action is to simply send brother Greg an email with the username, a link to the thread posted, and maybe a very brief expression of why you think its a Spambot or someone taking advantage of Sermonindex's forum.

God Bless,
Matthew

2012/1/6 8:26Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I believe the best course of action is to simply send brother Greg an email with the username, a link to the thread posted, and maybe a very brief expression of why you think its a Spambot or someone taking advantage of Sermonindex's forum.

Yes we are deleting these immediately as soon as we see them or a user submits the spam to us at: [email protected] God bless

2012/1/6 8:43Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Have you thought about implementing a CAPTCHA to prevent the spambots? Or something as simple as asking the poster to answer a very simple math question to verify it is a human user?

2012/1/6 8:49Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Thats a great idea and its something we are looking into in the forums and user profile pages to impliment or some type of email protection.

2012/1/6 9:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy