SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is Tithing mandatory to the new testament believer?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Jedibelove

Lagos, Nigeria

Is Tithing mandatory to the new testament believer?

What is the place of Tithe for the new testament believer. As a christian I see my finances as God's own and I try to please God with it. However, I don't really stick to the 10% tithing to the Church. I'm I really pleasing God by not being consistent with the tithing?

2012/1/5 13:02Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: Is Tithing mandatory to the new testament believer?

Do you circumcise your male child on the 8th day?

2012/1/5 13:13Profile
Dlight

The Lord says He will have mercy and not sacrifice.

Please do as you are led to do. Dry sacrifice does not help our walk with God; But heart-felt sacrifice as a token of worship, reverence, praise, love etc. is good.

Seek God on the matter. If He leads you to give 10%, do so. If He leads you to give sporadically, please do so. There is freedom where the Spirit of the Lord is.

2012/1/5 13:27Profile

Re:

Anen to Dkights post. Read .2 Cor.8-9. Good guide to New Testament giving.

Blaine

2012/1/5 13:38
ChristisLord

Look at Matthew 23:23. Jesus says,"What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law--justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things". I think Jesus calls us to do more than tithe. Like in Matthew 19:21 where He says, "If you want to be perfect, go and sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." He didn't talk much about the tithe, but He did talk much about giving to the needy. I'd say, pray on it. Give what you think the Holy Spirit is prompting you to give to your church. I know Malachi 3:10 is in the OT, but I know it to be true in my life and the lives of others. And just because it is in the OT doesn't mean we shouldn't obey. Just look at what Jesus says in Matthew 5:17-18.

2012/1/5 14:46Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

giving is mandatory... you can't out give God.
loving is mandatory... you can't out love God.

Although you can try!

God bless,
Lisa

2012/1/5 14:48Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Let the Spirit lead you in the matter. 10% is just a number.

Jesus told the rich young ruler to give it all away and come follow Him. The question is, are you willing to give it all away and follow Him, what ever that may look like?

If not, then 10% will not matter anyway...

2012/1/5 15:00Profile

Re:

Quote:
10% is just a number

No my friend, 10% is a direct command from your Creator.
Remember? the one who created heaven and earth; yes him.

When the creator issued this command, he did not ask anybody's opinion on the matter. As a matter of fact he even made us a promise to bless us beyond our wildest dreams.

- Malachi 3:10 -
Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.

What more can we ask for?

2012/1/5 15:25
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

theEphah,

Do you follow the whole law? All 613 commandments? Remember, these are direct commandments of the Lord...

2012/1/5 15:29Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

No my friend, 10% is a direct command from your Creator.

It is also a command that you circumcise your male child on the 8th day. Do you do this? If so, why? If not, why not?

2012/1/5 15:52Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy