Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Simple, True Faith

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

Simple, True Faith

Simple, True Faith

8/22/2003

How does one find freedom from the power and penalty of sin? Faith. Faith is, amongst many things, Believing in God’s Character—as GOOD. Faith is trusting His Vow, His Word, that the pleasure of being near Him FAR exceeds the pleasures of sin!!! Faith and love result, ALWAYS, in obedience to Him, for that reason. God delivers from sin and death those who Believe! In the Garden, satan would have had us believe that Father is trying to “cheat” us—and the worm’s tactics have not changed. We choose to Trust Him by rejecting for Him what He has called sin—and never justifying it or blaming Him, or blaming circumstances, or blaming others, or mind-blocking in an attempt to make His Word go away or mean something different. Faith is Believing HE IS GOOD, and that His Choices and Ways are FAR BETTER THAN SIN and self-service. He is Good. He LONGS “to give good gifts to His Children” and is far wiser than His little ones in knowing what IS good. THIS, then, is the Victory that overcomes the world: our FAITH. Trusting that He is sufficient, that He is wise, that He is kind and generous. And, Faith is believing that what He says about sin is for our GOOD, not to cheat us. Faith! Trust! And how can we please Him without Faith?! He IS Good. Smile, trust, love, rest.

I did not write the above but rather came across it and found it to be very encouraging to me. Faith and complete trust that God is exactly who He says He is gives me such peace and comfort.

God Bless
mary

2012/1/3 9:35Profile
Sree

Re: Simple, True Faith

Quote:

And, Faith is believing that what He says about sin is for our GOOD

I pray that Lord will help me believe this everytime I am tempted.

Faith in today's Christianity has been reduced to believing that Jesus died for them and to believe that Jesus is God. This belief is essential, but is it just belief or is it bringing a need for victory over sin? Beacuse it is our sin that caused Jesus to come and die for us, how can we still keep enjoying the pleasures of sin when we say we have faith that we are reconciled to God though the Blood of Jesus?

2012/1/3 11:09Profile

Re: Simple, True Faith

The gospel message of what God in Christ has already done for us and in us is the only message that contains the power for our complete and total salvation.

It is the fact that we have been reconciled to God by Christ's blood that will set us free.

Col. 1:20, "And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven."

Rom. 5:10, "For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life."

2 Cor. 5:18-19, "And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation."

It is when we see the reality of God's finished work in Christ that we can experience the Victory over sin that is ours in Christ.

The required faith or belief is a gift from God and not from ourselves.

Here is a quote from the Secret Of True Repentance. This is from the letter that Hudson Taylor wrote.This shows that we do not have the faith that is required.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=42547&forum=36&2

8. "As gradually the light dawned on me, I saw that faith was the only prerequisite to laying hold of His fullness and making it my own. But I had not this faith . . . I strove for it, but it would not come; I tried to exercise it, but in vain. Seeing more and more the wondrous supply of grace laid up in Jesus, the fullness of our precious Savior - my helplessness and guilt seemed to increase. Sins committed appeared but as trifles compared with the sin of unbelief which was their cause, which could not or would not take God at His word, but rather made Him a liar! Unbelief was, I felt, the damning sin of the world - yet I indulged in it. I prayed for faith but it did not come. What was I to do? "

Now he was begging to see that the only requirement of laying hold of Christ and His fullness and accessing it was faith. He found that he did not have that faith in himself and could never somehow even generate it. This knowledge only made him feel more helpless, dirty and guilty.

He saw that his damming sin was his own unbelief. He even knew that this sin of unbelief was the real cause and root for all his other sins. He was calling God a liar. If he only could repent and forsake that sin all would be well. He could not repent or forsake this sin and even when he prayed for faith, nothing happened.

When the Holy Spirit opens your eyes to the reality of Christ, His holiness, His perfection, His fullness, His mercy, His Love, His faith and His faithfulness then you will be able to fully repent without any effort.

True repentance is a gift of God and only exists as the Holy Spirit shows you the existing reality of Christ Himself and what God in Christ has already accomplished for you and in you. It is impossible for any true repentance to take place without the Holy Spirit's work in opening your eyes to see Christ.

2012/1/3 12:49

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy