Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Joyful_Heart

LISTEN AND CONSIDER

MONDAY, JANUARY 2, 2012
LISTEN AND CONSIDER
by David Wilkerson
[May 19, 1931 – April 27, 2011]

“Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. . .Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls filled with the seven last plagues came to me and talked with me, saying, ‘Come, I will show you the bride, the Lamb's wife’” (Revelation 21:2, 9).

This is a beautiful picture of the last-day church of Jesus Christ! The great, holy city descending out of heaven is His spotless bride—the overcoming church seated with Him right now in heavenly places. This church is built upon the foundation of gospel truths of the twelve apostles. And it is surrounded by walls and gates that keep out everything impure and uninvited.

As the queen stands before her Bridegroom, the wedding about to begin, the voice of a third party is heard! The queen in gold is honored, favored, greatly adorned, and now she stands at her Beloved's right hand, the marriage about to be performed. But before the ceremony begins, a voice whispers an admonition to her: "Listen, O daughter, consider and incline your ear. . ." (Psalm 45:10).

I believe this voice is the Holy Spirit, warning all who are called by His name. He is speaking a word to overcomers—to those most in love with Jesus—saying, "Listen and consider." This voice comes to the bride in the final moments just before the marriage is to be consummated.

Now, you must understand, the queen has already been chosen. Her heart has already been won by her Bridegroom. She has left her home, family and country and has committed herself to Him. And she is full of joy because she passionately loves the King.

So, let me ask you: Do you think of yourself as chosen by the Lord? Are you the blood-covered, redeemed apple of His eye? Do you love Him with all your heart? Have you forsaken all the world, all your past, for Him? “He is mine, and I am committed to Him. Lord, I love You with all my heart!" Can you say that?

My point is this: If you want to be in the bride of Christ, you must be concerned with more than simply escaping a godless hell. Rather, you must desire not to be absent on that great wedding day! You must shudder at the very thought of not being His bride—of not being in His embrace, not spending eternity with Him.

2012/1/2 10:11Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re: LISTEN AND CONSIDER

I say Hallelujah to this word from God's heart. So much here on hell. Yes it is a real place not denying that and do we want anyone to go there absolutely not.

But the Christians, minus one, whom I have talked to about their Salvation - conversion ALL have been drawn to Salvation by the LOVE of God. The Holy Spirit has drawn them to Jesus by His great love, His great forgiveness. Not by fear of going to hell. Only one testimony have I heard of someone surrendering his life to Jesus due to fear of hell and the message he brings forth is fear.

God does not want us to love Him, to surrender to Him out of fear but out of the deep love and appreciation for His great mercy, His giving to us His extreme love, Jesus, to show us of His awesome love for us. He gave His deepest love to us -Jesus-.

Jesus, is the atonement for our sins. And at the same time keeps us from going to hell. and going to live with Him for Eternity.

We should be so thankful, so surrendered, so appreciative, so joyful, leaping for joy for who our Creator, Heavenly Father is that HE gave us His Son Jesus. Oh, my - why all the heaviness Christians? Would I want what you have with all the doom and gloom? NO, the world is already full of that. They want to see the power of God in us. Changed lives, joy-peace-love that ONLY can come from spending time in His Presence, getting to know Him and the more we get to know Him the more we will fall in love with HIM. And we LONG and WANT to surrender to Him. We want to do His will not ours. The desires and things of this life no longer are attractive to us. The closer we get to Him in our quiet times in our seeking Him. Just wanting to know who He is, the more we will fall in love with Him.

Seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness....
Turn our eyes upon Jesus and the things of this world will grow Strangely dim.

We will find ourselves wanting more of Him and His ways and the obsessions and addictions of this world will grow strangely dim.

I hear so much here, "break us oh, God". People, God will break us. If the Holy Spirit is convicting of sin. Repent, in the prayer closet. And most of the time we cant even do it without God's help. Come out cleansed and with joy and peace that Jesus died for that sin and now you are free and forgiven and never to be remembered by God again as far as the East to the West. The only ones who will keep you under condemnation is the religious-leagalistic spirit or yourself or the devil. But God is worthy to be believed and I choose to believe HIM

Jesus came to set the captives free and when He does we will be free indeed. I pray all those with that religious spirit that God would break that like He did for the Apostle Paul. And all those who are now saying, I dont have a legalistic spirit, most likely do.

I have heard that the I-Hop people will be the ones who will turn us in in the last days. I thought NO it is the ones with that legalistic spirit like Paul had before God broke it in Him. The ones with that spirit think they are the special chosen ones.

One way you can see them is there is little or no joy, their message is oppressive, their focus is on sin and hell, they put restrictions on people.

Pastor Carter Conlon said this Sunday that they are having prayer meetings this month and there will be people coming in to pray that are not like us. He admonished that some may come in with a rosary. He admonished his Church to be kind and lets show them kindly the way. I say glory to God for this man who has God's heart. How many here would, in their self-righteous spirit, thinking they were a vessel from God, would rebuke them? I could tell you who would. I wont - but I could.

I have heard horror stories of anointed worship leaders being rebuked, of a young spirit filled girl being rebuked for her wearing pants etc. I have been in her presence, I have heard her pray God's heart with tears and that relegios spirit hurt her with a rebuke. I saw a young boy, whom God revealed Himself turned off to Jesus due to that ugly religious spirit in sermons. I have seen that religious spirit come into peoples churches and in their homes and rebuke wives etc. How dare you! And guess what? They think they are doing God's work. They are like the Apostle Paul before he was converted. Hurting people in the name of God. I say God have mercy and set them free.

I draw you by my loving kindness says God.

Jer 31:3 The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness.

I read so little of this on this forum. And I wonder why. Is it that there is that legalistic, religious spirit here? I think so at times.

That legalistic spirit is the spirit Jesus hated, the spirit that killed Jesus. It is the one that thinks it is right and all others are wrong and wants to put their rules on other people. It is the spirit that condemns,oppresses, has little joy, is self-righteous, it thinks it is God's best and does God's work, it thinks it is humble but it is a pride in looking humble before man. It may sound good,may look good but it kills the true spirit in people. It is not the spirit of God.

God wants people to know Him, we were created to have fellowship with God. Fellowship with the Creator of the universe. And so much love that He says He is our Heavenly Father. God wants our love to be for Him and know who He is that we accept His gift of love to us, Jesus. Not because if we dont love Him we will go to hell. He wants us to rejoice and be glad - when our names are written in the Lambs book of life.

Oh, people, seek God, ask Him to show if there be that legalistic spirit anywhere in us and truly long to know and to be set free. Please want truth even if it hurts - the Truth will set us free.

How many can pray an awesome prayer? How many can write a beautiful article etc. but I ask, how many are living 1 Cor. 13 and having the fruit of the spirit - Gal. 5? Not many unfortunately. Very grieving, very vexing.

I may be kicked off the forum for writing this and that is ok. My concern is for the ones who come on here who are looking for answers, who are looking for Truth. The ones around the world who are seeking. It is grieving to see the threads here. How many are truly lifting up Jesus?

That is why I love the testimonies of the persecuted. They are pure and simply in love with Jesus. Extreme Love for Him allows them to be tortured beyond our comprehension. They dont get through being tortured because they fear going to hell if they dont. They have so much of the love of God in their hearts they dont recant. So much love that the ones doing the torture see God in them and give their lives to Jesus. They see their imprisonment as being a way to share Jesus, with the guards with the other prisoners. They come to Jesus because of the love of God in them, not because they are afraid of hell.

Yes, so many in the world is going to hell. But what are we doing to bring them to Jesus. It is not with all our knowledge, not with wanting to drag them to the alter, not in rebuking anointed people or rebuking for what they are wearing.

But it is with being close to Him, in the Word, in prayer, in fellowship with Him. In getting to know Him. How can we tell people about someone we don't know? If the love of God is not in us what do we have to bring to them?

I say - get into the Word. It is God's word. Hear what He has to say about Himself. Ask for a passion and a hunger for Him. He is longing to reveal Himself to us. Longing with a passion. But He keeps His revelations from the religious spirit. If we want to know Him for ourselves - not how to live the Christian life from this guy or gal. Yes, they have some insights but I want to know Him for myself. I want to write my own notes on my own revelations that I get from God. Not others more than my own.

Oh, God help us. We are just going here and there - crazy people. When You are right here when we are before You in the Word and in prayer.

God help us to sit at Your feet Jesus. Give us a passion, a hunger and thirst for You and You alone. Give us a stong desire to be still and know YOU are God, to hear Your voice, to obey Your word.

I may have offended the legalistic spirit here. If I did I say praise God. I pray it is exposed and it will leave. I may not have a great way with words but I do know that sitting at the feet of Jesus is my obsession. And nothing can take it away.

I pray this will be received in the spirit it was written. Jesus was angry with the self-righteous, religious & legalistic spirit too.

I love You my Lord. I give You my life. I worship You, I bow down to You. I appreciate You, love You adore You for who You are and for Your loving-kindness, grace, mercy, forgiveness. There is no one like You my Lord. No one.

Love, grace & mercy to all.
J_H aka Sheri

2012/1/2 11:37Profile

Re: Joyful_Heart

Bless God, my sister. May we be drawn to him and thirst for him with deep heart affections of love. Dear Jesus may I thirst, even crave your precious words for my soul.

Blaine

2012/1/2 12:26

Re: LISTEN AND CONSIDER

I remember a conversation I had here yrs back with PastorFrin, discussing these days ... when the "foundations of what we built our "Christianity" on will be shaken".

Bless The LORD, He knows those that are His and will shake any man made, concocted foundation - whether it be based upon legalism, intellectualism, emotionalism and anything else outside of His WORD.

The New Testament is all that we need to Know His Thoughts right now.

Yes, as Carter said - it's the last call to fill up with that oil - the genuine, not the synthetic stuff that comes from flesh alone.

Bless you Sis and I know you are praying!

And, Yes & Amen to all that you've posted and wrote about our persecuted Brothers and Sisters. They're not asking so much to be released, because they know that their foundations are being tested - they're dying to self - they're finding His Word is True and they're praying for the free world to taste what they are living through - so that we'll find the same True Foundation as they've found.

I was brought to The LORD of Glory by His Love and Forgiveness as well. :)

I reverence Him as the Most High and Holy GOD and yet He called me "friend". Amazing!!

Thank you & Bless you again.

2012/1/2 12:32

Re:

Bless you all. I don't see anything wrong, Sheri, with warning the brethren in an area where your heart has been pricked. A voice of one calling to prepare the way for the Lord.

Being somewhat of a newbie to the forums (I'd previously only ever listened to sermons as I'd not noticed the forums before), I'd sensed some of the love mixed with some of the contentions. Having recently read an informational post that turned into conflict, I'd been pondering over some scriptures, such as Phillipians 2:14:

"Do all things without murmurings and disputings"

and Titus 3:9:

"But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain."

May we all speak with love for the building up and edifying of the Body of Christ. John 13:34:

"A new commandment I give unto you, That you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another"

However, all this being said, it's nice to have a God-fearing community within reach, not knowing where to find something rare such as this on the internet as a whole.

May the Lord guide us and teach us in all truths for His Glory and shine His light upon all of the dark recesses in our hearts. ~Wendy

2012/1/3 18:05

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy