SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : 12/29/11 Uganda (CDN) Muslim Extremists in Uganda Throw Acid on Bishop

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 12/29/11 Uganda (CDN) Muslim Extremists in Uganda Throw Acid on Bishop

Islamic extremists threw acid on a church leader on Christmas Eve shortly after a seven-day revival at his church, leaving him with severe burns that have blinded one eye and threaten his sight in the other. Bishop Umar Mulinde, 37, was attacked on Saturday night, December 24th, when a man who claimed to be a Christian approached him.

"He poured liquid onto my face as others poured more liquid onto my back and then fled away. ... I have to continue fighting the pain - it is too much." His face, neck and arms bore deep black scars from the acid and his lips were swollen. The wounds are so severe that he may need plastic surgery. The hospital charges Mulinde 350,00 Uganda shillings (US $140 dollars) per day.

Mulinde has faced several injuries and attacks from Muslims since his conversion to Christianity in 1993. Police have reportedly arrested one suspect. Full Story

Pray that Bishop Mulinde's wounds will heal, both physically, and emotionally.
Pray that he will have the financial means to get the treatment he needs.
Pray that his pain will cease as he feels that the Lord is with him. Pray for Mulinde to get restful sleep.

2011/12/31 8:51Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy