SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Christian Group arrested while spreading Christmas cheer at Calgary City Hall

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

I'd rather let God tell you if you're right our wrong.
To me, it all depends on the spirit in which one does something - rememmber friend, many on that great and terrible Day of Judgment will be told, "I never knew you."

2011/12/26 19:09Profile
roadsign

Re:

While we can agree about the increasing opposition to Christ's name, we would do well to remember these words:

"God's name is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you." Rom. 2:24

Contemporary conservative Christianity may have done well focusing on Romans 1, but we have been reluctant to move into Romans 2 and admit the log in our own eye (I speak collectively).

Far better, I believe, to face our own sins than to rise up against the "sins" of the state with smug self righteous indignation - which merely fuels their blasphemous attacks on the name of the Lord - and also their need to protect society from these "intolerant" religious zealots.

It is better to be persecuted for doing good, rather than for putting the name of God to shame - even through our efforts to defend his name.

Diane

2011/12/26 19:36Profile

Re:

And what of Eyob Mussie? He was an Eritrean believer who went and preached the gospel in front of a mosque in Saudie Arabia. Clearly against the law over there. He was arrested and remanded for psychiatric evaluation. Later be was thrown into prison and now he will be shipped back to Eritrea and possible death. It was clear he was violating Saudi law. Are we going to judge him? It was clear in his spirit that he had to obey a higher law. That to preach Jesus. He could have played it safe and stayed in his apartment and worshipped God privately. But he went out and preached Jesus. Clearly violating Saudi law. Was he being self righteous.

It is against the law in China to take Bibles into that land. Yet groups such as Open Doors send people into that land to carry or smuggle Bibles to help meet the tremendous need for God's wotd. These people are violating Cbineese law. Are they being self righteous or blaspheming God's name.

Again only God can judge the motive of men's hearts but even Paul said whether from false motives or true Christ is preached.

Blaine Scogin

2011/12/26 20:43
Yeshuasboy

Re:

Blaine, if you're looking for an argument you won't get it from me.
No one thus far on this thread has argued against you, but you seem to be just goin off on some tangent... So be it.
Be aware that a man reaps what he sows.
If you're arguing against what I said, just be straight up and say so. If it's Diane, or somebody else, just take their quote in its context of course, and I'm quite sure you'll get a debate happening.
I didn't say nothing wrong as far as I know; but if I did, then just point it out to me, or whoever did so.

2011/12/26 21:15Profile

Re:

Hey Blaine,

Yes your being paranoid. :-)

However, remember the words of Jesus when He said,

John 15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

That was written about 2000 years ago and it's nothing new.

And as for this Anti Christ, again, it's one day at a time man and we'll see how things pan out as we go. Besides, what would you have us do?

I've been down the road with this hit the panic button stuff. Back when they invaded Iraq, my Pastor held all night prayer meetings. He said this was it, the antichrist was just around the corner and we were getting ready for what lay ahead. Well all that hype died down and no anti christ, apocalypse nor any coloured horse showed up to tell us that the end was near.

Lets keep seeking God and lets see what God does with us.

2011/12/26 21:26
Yeshuasboy

Re:

I'll just add your quote Blaine from your previous post here on this thread:
"Yes I know you would prefer to debate your theology in this cyberspace."
Who does "you" refer to? Do you know any of the members here who have posted earlier in this thread? Do you know their own walk with Christ?

2011/12/26 21:33Profile
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
Again only God can judge the motive of men's hearts

This is true. God knows when persecution arises from prideful ambition (even if we don't). It is also true that any group of Christians comprises a mixture of motives. There will always be some going along for the “ride” ( the blessing), while some carry the vision. It was that way when Jesus fed the 5,000, and when the crowds sang “Hosanna”. Furthermore, today we cannot know who will persevere in times of real testing. Zeal gives no indication.

Quote:
but even Paul said whether from false motives or true Christ is preached.

Yes, even preaching Christ is not a mark of godliness though God may use it! But surely Christians cannot hide behind that possibility to absolve themselves from the damage they have done, indisputably, to Christ’s name.

It seems we are branching out into diverse issues that really need separate treatment: the Romans 2 indictment… motives …. judging ….. persecution for right reasons…. for wrong reasons. (Ohhh... how do we manage to complicate simple themes?? )

Here's my "clever" thought for the day: If we can avoid being confrontational with each other - we can surly avoid the very predicament that our zealous Jesus-Marchers marched themselves into.

Diane

2011/12/26 22:16Profile

Re:

'look at me!'look at me!' i'm wearing a "march for Jesus" t-shirt!!!!........ooops, here come the police, they give me a $287 ticket, and tell me go home........oh, i'm so persecuted"!!!! 'we're just trying to raise up a hundred grand, so we can get more t-shirts, and signs, and pamplhets!!!"....'it sure is fun, y'know, being persecuted, and doing things for god, and like, pushing back that 'evil agenda' , and pushing back political correctness...its just cool"

FLESH!!!

if i had 10 shekels of silver to give him, thats 4 oz's, i send it along with a woolen 'shirt...ten shekels and a shirt, and you too, can be a 'priest' of the God Most High.

this just gives me spiritual indigestion. i might be a lowly sinner saved by Grace, but i dont play games with God.

2011/12/27 0:24
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

Re:

OOOOH boy what would you guys have to say about reckless hooligans like Paul, Barnabus, John, Mark, Luke,and the hundreds of others who entered into places they were told to stay out of and preached the gospel.
You are really treading on dangerous ground questioning the nature of the Spirit that motivates these witnesses. Seems to me that some posters here need to examine the spirit that moves them, as there are a couple here who continually trash talk against anyone who runs afoul of the "law" when sharing thier witness. REALLY no comparing what this group does with Phelps, really out of line. I have to wonder what efforts others here are doing to share thier faith, other than jumping on every chance to smear the efforts of others? Blessings Greg

2011/12/27 2:07Profile
Yeshuasboy

Re:

Ya, it's a pretty touchy subject Greg.
I kinda don't know what to think about it at this time.
I know Christ Jesus was a gentleman. The only people He really let have it were the Scribes and Pharisees of His time.
When it came time to pay taxes though, He sent His disciple(s) to gather the coin from the fish's mouth, (if I recall) lest they would be offended.
There is a time for everything under the sun.
I believe it's also one thing to be persecuted for the sake of righteousness, and another for the sake of stupidity.
I'm generalizing here - as far as this movement goes, I really don't know; but, I'll be honest - I wouldn't partner with them unless the Lord told me to.
As far as what's in a man's heart goes, well, out of his own mouth proceeds that which is in his own heart.
If I don't discern a sense of humility behind it, then I don't go near it, nor take it on board.
I recall that pharisee in Acts, I believe, that said something like, "if it isn't of God, it will come to nothing; however, if it is of God, be careful lest you be fighting against the Lord."

2011/12/27 2:50Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy