SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : African Warlord Who Killed 20,000 People Repents; Now Christian Evangelist

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 African Warlord Who Killed 20,000 People Repents; Now Christian Evangelist

It’s a story of transformation that has surprised thousands and shocked all who have heard: a brutal African warlord with a violent past finds Christ and dramatically turns his life around.

Selected for The Economist Film Project, an initiative by The Economist in partnership with PBS NewsHour, “The Redemption of General Butt Naked” is a chilling documentary about the changed life of Joshua Milton Blahyi, once dubbed to be one of Liberia’s most feared warlords.

Now renouncing his violent past – which includes confessing to killing nearly 20,000 people during Liberia’s 14-year civil war – after converting to Christianity, Blahyi seeks to reinvent himself as an evangelist, traveling the nation as a preacher and asking for forgiveness from those whom he had hurt in the past.

In 1996, Blahyi had a dramatic encounter with Christ during one of the most brutal fights in the history of the Liberian ...

read more: http://www.christianpost.com/news/african-warlord-who-killed-20000-people-repents-now-christian-evangelist-65550/

2011/12/26 8:11Profile

Re: African Warlord Who Killed 20,000 People Repents; Now Christian Evangelist

Ok. All things are possible. We know Paul had an amazing encounter with Christ. I just want to do some more investigating on this.

Blaine

2011/12/26 9:46
Elibeth

Greg,..good morning,

I was just looking at another post,that you just put on....

'the movorian post'

You were saying something about ,..' man being created in God' image.
My Spirit was quicken ,and I realized,...we were created in His image,..
Down deep in our innermost being,..there it is ,.. But sin has come through Adam,..(as I can say it) sin has all over the top of it.

NOW !, It takes Jesus' Grace drawing us to His blood to wash away..
Do awy with this sin ,to uncover who He wants us to be..
( our whole Being)

* and then I read this ,about the amazing change in this man.
Strong and mighty GRACE must have been upon this man.

Thank you ,Lord,
Elizabeth

2011/12/26 9:50Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Most wonderful testimony I have read in a long time! Perhaps this highlights one of the reasons Christians should lay down carnal weapons to kill their enemies because you just might be interfering with God's working in the life of your enemy...Still - if you are a Calvinist, how can that happen? SIGH...can't figure everything out, but still love to hear stories of people repenting of their sins and making restitution.

This incident highlights one important facet of repentance: that of confessing ones sin to the person wronged, abandoning a sinful lifestyle. This is what happens when a person has an encounter with the LORD Jesus, who allows himself to be shaped and molded into His image.

Wonderful story! May God be praised!

2011/12/26 10:25Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy