SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : must hear: The Achilles Heel of the Chinese Church

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
rickyearle

must hear: The Achilles Heel of the Chinese Church

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=111611111800

China may very well have grown the largest Christian church population on earth, but China has a problem! One hundred million people make up a growing, thriving church in China except for one little problem—they kill their children. Some churches even pay for abortions.

The conscience of this nation is dead cold with respect to human life, and the Christian church isn't helping. But what can these Christians do? The first pro-life ministry in China is being launched, and this may be one of the most important Christian needs on the earth today.

Kevin Swanson interviews an insider who has first-hand information on the inner workings of the house church movement (representing some 100 million people). This remarkable interview statuses one of the most important developments for the kingdom of God in the 21st century.

2011/12/21 12:42Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: must hear: The Achilles Heel of the Chinese Church - They Kill Their Children

Personally, I already heard this radio broadcast and listened to it because of the title. I do not really carry much weight with this brother and don't feel it is very factual or founded as for the underground church. There is great governmental pressure towards abortion but in America it is worse in my mind because the church has the freedom not to have abortion but many still do!

I really think also it is sad that he can demonize the entire china church movement which in my mind is impossible to do. A very sad piece if I say so myself.

2011/12/21 13:43Profile
rickyearle

Re:

I did not take that at all from the interview. The man Swanson interviewed explained how many christians in China break the governmental rule of only one child and have 4-5-6-7 children and pay the price for it. I was encouraged.

Also, I always wondered with china's one child policy how strictly that was enforced.

If there are christians who are killing their children in China, if there are churches indeed who are paying for the abortions - I think that needs to be brought to light to know how to help financially and how to pray. I had no clue about what was going on there - how could I pray?

I did not think the entire china church movement was demonized. As well, the China church is not united so you will have different "sects" there.

2011/12/21 14:40Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Greg, when I read your response to the OP I thought you were unsympathetic to the issue.

Then I listened to the audio, checked out the speaker and then was given pause - I reckon I would like to ask Swanson a few questions myself! In any case I think this is an issue that needs careful examining, apart from Swanson.

If the Chinese church does pay for abortions why is it the western church has not raised this issue with them??? The interviewee said how the early missionaries to that country performed abortions on the women! If indeed, what Swanson is true, or half true, I would guess there is enough blame to go around...

In defense of the Chinese church - assuming they are aborting their babies with no qualms - could it be they are ignorant, like the American church was before roe v wade? Like it or not, it was the Catholic leadership in this country who raised the consciousness of the Evangelical church to the horrors of abortion back in the 1960s. We were ignorant. I remember that.

In any case, I am going to do some research. We have a friend who travels that area a lot - lives there for brief periods of time - will ask him when he comes back to the states.

2011/12/21 15:26Profile

Re:

I read reports about the Cbineese house church movement and have never heard about the Cbineese Christians killing their children. Such a report is of the devil and discredits the tremendous move of God taking place in that country. It is also an insult to the persecuted church and for those who pay the cost of following Jesus in China. I say it again this is a satanic lie to malign the persecuted Cbineese church.

The Cbineese believers regard children as God's gift and risk imprisonment and fines for violating China's one child law.

I expect that someone will be forthcoming with a lie to discredit Iran's revival. This is the devil. He malignes any genuine movement of God with lies.

If you visit the web sites of Open Doors or VOM you will see the heavy price Cbineese Christians pay for their faith in Christ. To even entertain such a notion of Cbineese believers killing their children is a lie from the devil.

This lie is to be rebuked in the name of Jesus Christ.

Blaine Scogin

2011/12/21 16:34
roadsign

Re:

While this topic does need to get sorted out, I wonder if it is possible to delete the words "They kill their children" from the title page as soon as possible. I am concerned about a Chinese brother or sister coming across this forum and seeing it. We ourselves would be deeply offended if others spread this kind of reputation about us - especially if they are fellow Christians.

The words seem intentionally sensational - tabloid talk. That's a clue, isn't it?

Let's be careful not to damage our Lord's name in this way. "Hallowed by thy name".

Diane

2011/12/21 18:03Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
While this topic does need to get sorted out, I wonder if it is possible to delete the words "They kill their children" from the title page as soon as possible. I am concerned about a Chinese brother or sister coming across this forum and seeing it. We ourselves would be deeply offended if others spread this kind of reputation about us - especially if they are fellow Christians.

Dear Sister,

I fully agree and have amended the title of the thread. That is one reason I don't like the source for this discussion because he centers around many controversial topics and is very tabloidish about it.

2011/12/21 18:36Profile

Re: must hear: The Achilles Heel of the Chinese Church

We all know that judgement begins in the church first. And that abortion and the killing of babies is something God hates. But He still loves us no matter our sin and never leaves us during the consequences.

I heard that south Korea with all their mega churches and being a mostly Christian nation, has the highest abortion, suicide and divorce rates of any country out there. I just found out thru a sermon I heard by Jaeson Ma on YouTube regarding praying for Korea.

I guess I'm bringing that up bc its a problem in the church itself. No matter what country and how prolific Christianity is. And if judgement begins in the church first, we should all just pray against that sin. With China having a law that forces the church to make s choice as to pay for the abortions. Doesn't seem to different to me than when Pharoh or a king orders the massacre of all first born males. But God always seems to raise up a deliverer.

I guess I'm trying to say, maybe we should be pray that God raise up a deliverer in every country. Or we do all that we can in prayer. Praying for the saints that are willing to go forth and speak a word of encouragement to a person about to get an abortion in the free countries, or maybe someone to rise up and rescue those babies out of China somehow.

I don't know if I make any sense. I just know that we all fall unrighteous. But God is Sovereign and will always rescue us. But I know He also speaks and acts thru people who are willing. I feel bad sometimes that we are so helpless and can't do anything. And even prayer for 5 minutes is hard. But it seems that thruout the bible God just needs One person to say yes.

I guess we can only plant seeds of prayer bc neither the reaper not the sower had a hand in making it grow... But for sure God is growing people out there... Maybe we just need to help water the grounds...

2011/12/21 21:54
Onesetfree

Canada

Re:

I have not walked along the streets of China, nor have served in missions there. I know nothing about the inward workings of the government and therefore my only knowledge is what is fed to me by media, missionary reports or other reports.

To conclude so fast that this is a Satanic attack or that the issue in America is far worse would be erroneous. The brother being interviewed has seen things and experienced things in China we have not....I for one cannot make any statement about this report or judge its accuracy. However, I must pray about it. I must ask the Lord to let truth prevail.

2011/12/21 23:20Profile

Re: Let's see some credible evidence

Will somebody please step forward with some credible evidence on these allegations. I have googled and can see no supporting claims to what this thread is advancing. The web sites of Compass Direct, Bsrnabas Fund, Open Doors, Voice of the Martyrs, etc. make no support to such claims. I ask where is the evidence?

Is it not enough these brothers and sisters are paying a price to follow Christ? Do we have any idea what they are going through? Do we know what it is to endure persecution? Though I can find no supporting evidence of the allegations being levelled against the Cbineese Christians, I do see evidence of a people who are suffering for Christ. I see reports of churches being closed, people being imprisoned, leaders being tortured and in some cases being martyred. These are the Cbineese Christians. These are the people we pray for.

Does anyone understand, grasp what I am saying here? Prove me wrong. Please convince me that there is not a suffering church in China or around the world. You do that and I will gladly stand down praying for the persecuted.

Blaine Scogin

2011/12/22 1:08

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy