Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Blessings and Tithing

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
staff

Blessings and Tithing

Hi All,Just a question on Tithing,I am in a church that teaches Tithing which I dont hold too.If the rest of the church want to keep tithing thats something I cant influence without causing dis-unity so I leave sleeping dogs lie.This scripture in my opinion clashes with tithing.

If I bless Israel but dont Tithe(according to the belief of a tither i shouldnt be blessed)surely god couldnt bless me if tithing were correct.
What do you think?any thoughts on this scripture and tithing?

"I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. 3 I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you."

Thanks Staff

2011/12/16 17:26Profile

Re: Blessings and Tithing

Great question, I need some insight on this subject also. I don't understand why most churches teach against the law of Moses and at the same time ask their members to tithe. I wonder why.

2011/12/16 18:37
utilizer001

Oregon

Re:

I would suggest that the reason most churches teach tithing, is because it is taught by Paul in his epistles.

For those of us who have learned to tithe, not by commandment, but because we honour God with our first fruits, and are cheerfully giving back to Him as we are taught in the NT, He has not failed to bless us in exactly the way He said He would. (See Malachi)

Jason Smith
Standing in Oregon

2011/12/16 20:28Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Jason,
Thanks for the reply.I knew as I was typing that I didnt state my question clearly,so sorry I'l try again.
If I bless Israel,I am promised to be blessed but christians who tithe say if I dont tithe I dont get blessed.So here I am a christian who blesses Israel but does not Tithe.
Do I get blessed or not?
Yours Staff
P.s I obviously dont see Paul teaching tithing

2011/12/16 20:52Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

100% a heart issue. God is not short on cash. What He wants is our obediance.

The question should be, are we willing to put others needs in front of our own? If so, then titheing should not be an issue, since it is done with a heart towards pleasing God.

If we are to tithe because man tells us that we will not be blessed, I would say under most circumstances like that, to not tithe.

I am sketchy about any organization that says that we will recieve less of the Lord unless we give to "them". After reading what you wrote, it seems that this may be the case in your church?

Blessings!

2011/12/16 23:36Profile
David_G

Irving Tx

http://www.tithing-russkelly.com/

Download the PDF. It explains the tithe.

2011/12/17 4:38Profile
Sree

Brother, Tithing and giving exactly 10% is to be under law. In NT, we are building God's house which is the body of Christ, the Church. Whenever God's house is built, it is built with cheerful giving by people who did not measure and give 10%. Take example of Moses building the tabernacle or Solomon building temple, both of them were built by Cheerful giving and not by Tithe.

In NT life, we live by Spirit and not by law, so even giving should be led by Spirit and not by law. But Churches that preach to give by law (tithe) knows that its members are either not spiritual or the Church itself does not have faith that the spirit will provide for the needs of Church. If a church itself lacks faith then how can its members have faith?

2011/12/17 7:39Profile
staff

Re:

Hi again,
I guess my question is more for christians who Tithe,
I'l just repeat it so you dont have to look back.

If I bless Israel,I am promised to be blessed but christians who tithe say if I dont tithe I dont get blessed.So here I am a christian who blesses Israel but does not Tithe.
Do I get blessed or not?

I am with the comments by Sree and Miccah and have read the very good Pdf posted,thank you
Staff

2011/12/17 11:11Profile
savedtoserve

Re:

Quote:
by theEphah

Great question, I need some insight on this subject also. I don't understand why most churches teach against the law of Moses and at the same time ask their members to tithe. I wonder why.

Tithing isn't part of the OT law; it was there bfore the law--See Hebrews 7.1-3.

2011/12/17 13:03Profile

Re:

Quote:
by savedtoserve

Tithing isn't part of the OT law; it was there bfore the law--See Hebrews 7.1-3.

Tithing is part of the Law - see Leviticus 27:30—

The whole law was given to Adam and Eve verbally before it was written by Moses.

Abraham obeyed them and must have known what they were ("Abraham obeyed My voice and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes and My laws", Gen 26:5)

2011/12/17 13:42

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy