SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Testimony.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Elibeth

Testimony.

Greg,

I would like to share a testimony sometimes,..maybe.

Is this o.k. Or not ?

If so, where do I post it at?

Thanking you for Sermonindex.

I am really new at computers.

Art Katz pointed me the the way to you.

Blessings to you ,
Elizabeth

2011/12/16 9:25Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Testimony.

Dear sister,

It would be great to even share in this thread. The Lord bless you.

2021/2/3 12:50Profile
Elibeth

Re: Testimony.

Dear ones,
It’s a mystery to me,.... I did not repost this, about my testimony which I shared with you, a number of years ago,.. but I would be ‘ever so happy’ to share again.
Would you like for me to repost it ? ?

My greatest desire is to encourage others into ‘The Kingdom of God’.... and our relationship w/our Lord.
elizabeth

2021/9/12 14:29Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

I love hearing/ reading testimonies Elizabeth. Please do repost.

I feel like my testimony would fill an Encyclopedia Britannica. Lol. It takes a while to tell. Maybe some day I'll post it.

2021/9/12 16:16Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Yes amen sister please feel free to post it here.

2021/9/12 21:19Profile
Elibeth

Re:

I originally wrote this out to leave for my children after I am gone, but then thought to share w/ the world... because it says in The Word,...

Revelation 12:11 (KJV)
“And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.“

Thank you dear Brother for allowing me to share again,... I will , and am happy to share.

elizabeth

2021/9/13 9:18Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Oh my, where do I start ?
When I was around 17 yrs.old,The Lord' Spirit of Grace started to draw me to God.I was not going to ch. anywhere,...a wife,.....
a mother,....a homemaker...I turned to The Lord,for a short period of time,but I did not have much good soil / water etc,...so it did not last long.

Then,I would say in about 3yrs.,His Spirit of Grace came back upon me again with a mighty drawing of me to Him.At that time,
....a dread and a fear came over me,....He made me feel like
,if I did not follow Him then,I would never have another chance.

I was so desirous of Him and His Way.Was hungry to read His Word,He told me ,...not get any books,...literature,...not any other material,...just His Word,and He would teach me.and
that is what I did,and it was He who taught me...Now at that time I did not know that was even in The Bible.(1Jn.2:37)
So at that time in my life,and for many,many yrs.,books and
all other material was not for me.Neither did 'tradition' nor man teach me.I had a KJV Bible,and The Spirit of The Lord.

So !,Through Him,my life was changing,...He was changing
me.I was seeking The Kingdom of God,and His righteousness,so to speak,To seek The King,who is Jesus.

He said,'Fear not little flock;for it is your Father's good pleasure
to give you the kingdom' (Lk.12:32)

He was changing me from my way,unto His Way.
...I sought Him to see what He would have me to do.....as
Paul ask of The Lord,..'What would Thou have for me to do,Lord' ? ( I believe it is a continual,daily asking ) ( seeking the kingdom of God,and His righteousness )..seeking to see what is His will in my life.

He was taking my soiled ragged clothes,and emptying out,
so He could fill and clothe me with His righteousness.,...to be clothed upon.Being born again,...of His Spirit.

So many things in,...my way,...my life,.He wanted to empty out.
And whatever He chose to put His finger on,...it might be a travail,but I would do.,....down,down,down,...that I might go
up into heavenly places with Him.I wondered Will I never know,....or get to the dividing line? But no,...I believe it is a continuation,or else,we would be leading ourselves.I was blind,
and He wanted to bring me to HIS SEEING.(eyes to see through The Spirit). To change me from my way to His Way,Who is 'The Way'....(That,that comes out of His mouth,through His Spirit)

I followed Him for many yrs.,and then I decided I would do a few things like I used to do.And I remember,The soft gentle voice of God,...said, 'The ways of this world,are not my Ways' .(that is all He said,just that ),...

I was following God,as He would lead me,but there was one thing that I just could not seem to do.And that was to just out-right say 'I will do whatever you say,no matter what,....I would follow Him,but I just could not bring myself to tell Him that ...because,..this little voice inside of me would say,...'You know ,you just cannot do that,because you may not be able to keep that promise,and you know,you just don't promise The Lord something and not do it'.
...I was fearful.

Nevertheless,I walked in this Light that He gave me,..I could see how He wanted me to walk,....I walked in a close relationship
with Him,and being led by Him ,for several yrs.

Then I started not loving Him with all my heart,soul,mind,strength.,not as much as I had loved Him,...getting into too much of my own thing,...and then the
less Light that I had,...the less able I was to see the perfect will of God,and could walk out of His will....and as I began doing
my own will,the True Light got dimmer,.Oh,I might always
seemed a little different to people,but the true witness became that of the world.My home, my family,..became my 'First Love'

Never did I just forget about God.One can drift though,and it is dangerous,but His Seed was planted within me.And He had mercy.

You may say,'But that is innocent ! But Our God is a jealous
God,..He must be our first love ! Oh,I went to church,...went to Bible studies,..sang with every body else in church,...felt good with the music / songs,...But that is not the calling for us with God,....He has called us into a relationship with Him,..that is
Having a Spiritual ear,hearing His voice and following Him,...wherever He goeth,....leads us.

Thinking on the Word 'FEARFUL'!..I believe this word in Rev.21:8
was where I had always been at, as for completely committing my all,to Him,and telling Him so.
Well,I always knew,I had to get past this 'fear',with The Lord,...it was a serious thing.

Rev.21:8,says,'the FEARFUL' and the unbelieving,and the abominable,and the murderers,,and fornicators,and
sorcerers,and idolaters,and all liars,shall have their part in
the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone,which is the second death.

Then God in His most tender mercies in about the year 1994-
1995,His Grace started again drawing me to Him in a mighty hungry way,...I was already doing Bible studies,...and loved it.
...but this was different.,...I was being drawn more and more
desirous to His Word and to Him,and to give my life completely
to Him,and tell Him so,...and I just loved it.

All my family would be gone to work,and I had the whole day to myself.So I would hurry and get my needful housework done,
and read / study The Word for hours,...until it was time to hurry and prepare supper. My family never knew what I had been doing ,unless they just happened to notice some of my notes lying around.

Well,one of these days as I was thinking on The Lord,and talking to Him,I felt I was at such a desirous time in my life,....and thinking on 'The Fearful',I told Him,....and wanting to be sure,that I did not read my own heart wrong,...I said it this way,...
"Lord,I am willing to follow You,..I give myself to You,....But if there be any unwillingness in me ,please take it away."
And when I said THAT, there was like a Light that shined into my eyes,and down into my heart.
( please note)I did not know this was going to happen.It was most amazing thing!

THEN,The Lord opened The Scriptures to me.....It was GLORIOUS ! ! I deserved none of this,it was totally The Lord' mercy.
He did that for me,this unworthy piece of clay.

Then my Bible Studies became just Glorious !
* The Lord then drawed and drawed me to do a study on 'The kingdom of God' .(I was not being disrespectful),..but of all subjects,I wondered,..Why,The kingdom of God ?'
Nevertheless,I started compiling and compiling about 'The kingdom of God'.Studied and studied,and after a long period of time,,...I was not quite satisfied,.....so I just sort of laid it aside
as other subjects grabbed my attention.

Then,quite some time later,....one morning as I was arising out of my bed,These words just flowed out of my spirit,...'The kingdom of God is the Resurrected Lord IN US ! ' ....I would never have worded anything like that.....I was so excited,...could
hardly wait to get my family off to work,so I could get my Bible and confirm this.

I began to look up,resurrection,raise,raised,rise,risen,....the more I read,the more excited I got,...this was marvelous !And although I still did not comprehend just what all this meant at the first.

Then He showed me what it meant,...and this is it.

* Where there is a kingdom,there is a king,...and in God'Kingdom,The King is Jesus,...that has come to be our King over God'Kingdom,...that He comes in by way of The Holy Spirit,to Rule,,...be Lord in our lives....In other words,To lead us in righteousness in His Kingdom,...by His Spirit.'For as many,as are lead by The Spirit of God,THEY ARE...THEY ARE,THEY ARE,the son's / children of God.',....The Holy Spirit came to do a work in us.
The Kingdom,...and The Holy Spirit is within us.

* I was then surprised when I began go through Paul and other writers,of The Bible to find their preaching / teaching were also
about the kingdom and things pertaining to the kingdom and giving the Words of that kingdom,...persuading us to allow The King to rule in our lives,...through The Spirit...and warning us of consequences for failing to obey.

...Paul often would say,he preached the gospel of God,...the gospel of Jesus,..Jesus said,'THIS GOSPEL'of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world,and then shall the end be...
He said,'I must preach the kingdom of God',..( Lk.4:43 )
He sent His deciples out to 'preach the kingdom of God ..
( Lk.9:2 ),..( Lk: 9:60 )

* John the Baptist,came preaching 'the kingdom of God',...
Jesus came preaching,'the kingdom of God / Heaven,...Paul came preaching the kingdom,and things pertaining / concerning the kingdom,...so did Peter,James,and John.

...If we remain and be overcomers,..our testimony of Him
continues....> lives,...> His life in us...>>>>>>>>that leads us...

So,..This is my story,this is my song,...singing His praises,
all the day long...>>>

"In Him I Live,and move,and have Life."

---------
elizabeth

“That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

12 ¶ Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.”

2021/9/13 9:35Profile
deogloria

Re:

Thank you so much for sharing this with us !
So glad you are leaving it for your children too .

"I was then surprised when I began go through Paul and other writers,of The Bible to find their preaching / teaching were also about the kingdom and things pertaining to the kingdom and giving the Words of that kingdom,...persuading us to allow The King to rule in our lives,..through The Spirit...and warning us of consequences for failing to obey. "

So true - it is all about the King and His Kingdom !
Acts 28 :30 Paul stayed there two full years in his own rented house, welcoming all who came to visit him. 31Boldly and freely he proclaimed the kingdom of God and taught about the Lord Jesus Christ.…

2021/9/15 3:54Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Thank you Bro.deogloria,
I appreciate you, and have appreciated your posts.
God Bless,
Elizabeth

2021/9/15 23:18Profile
Theleast

Re:

Hey sis Elizabeth
It was a wonderful read

2021/12/3 9:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy