SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Is There Hope for America? Watch and See

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
dietolive

Re: MaryJane

Thanks for writing Sister.

You wrote:
"...our hope alone is in Christ Jesus and not men, best to keep my heart and eyes fixed on HIM always."

Amen, dear Sister. I completely agree with this. that is why I support Dr. Paul. It may seem strange, but if you have read what I wrote before, you would see why I am saying this.

Be well Ma'am.
Doug

2011/12/20 17:25Profile
dietolive

Re: HezWelling

Dear Brother,

You wrote:
"Doug, i greatly admire Congressman Paul, but he's never going to be 'allowed' to be President.

Its too late, Judgement is coming....our sins reach to the Heavens, and we have angered God. We, who have been given so much, much was expected. Judgement is coming."

I understand. However, could we not say rather that it is the promises of God and His miracles in history that yet teach us to hope?

Did Moses have a realistic chance of success in taking millions of slaves away from Egypt? Did the three Hebrew children have a realistic chance of not being burned in the fiery furnace? Was there a realistic chance of Nineveh, that great city, repenting? Oh, and we could go on, couldn't we dear Brother?...

"And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets:

Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions,

Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.

Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection..." Hebrews 11:32-35

But without faith, not one of those miracles would have happened.

We simply MUST BELIEVE that our God is greater and more powerful than all the so-called "might" of men; and that He delights in showing mercy to those who repent of their wicked ways.

Let us repent therefore, we the Church of Jesus Christ in America, of supporting the iniquitous rulers who have robbed and killed millions at their pleasure, while we said and did nothing about it.

Surely, if wicked Nineveh could find mercy, so shall we. If we will publically repent of our nation's sins, God will stay the Hand of His Mighty Wrath against our nation, and show us His mercy too.

"O LORD God of hosts, how long wilt thou be angry against the prayer of thy people?

Thou feedest them with the bread of tears; and givest them tears to drink in great measure.

Thou makest us a strife unto our neighbours: and our enemies laugh among themselves.

Turn us again, O God of hosts, and cause thy face to shine; and we shall be saved." Psalm 80:4-7

Be encouraged in Him my Brother!
Doug

2011/12/20 17:47Profile
Elibeth

Re:

SHMILY,

I appreciate the exhortation.

To not need to get distracted, and not only get distracted but

To grow more and more in His Grace....as He draws us / speaks to us...

Steven, was so in God,....he truly died to self.

And God Saved him to the utter most ,when He brought him all the

Way through and out the other side ,still in Him.

(Rev.17:17) This Scripture came to mind...
' For God hath put in their hearts to fulfill His will,and to agree,and give their kingdom unto the beast,until the Words of God be fulfilled.'

I thank you also,
This is meant to be lovingly to all,
We are all trying to travel that narrow path.
Elizabeth

2011/12/20 18:25Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by dietolive on 2011/12/20 11:25:15

Thanks for writing Sister.

You wrote:
"...our hope alone is in Christ Jesus and not men, best to keep my heart and eyes fixed on HIM always."

Amen, dear Sister. I completely agree with this. that is why I support Dr. Paul. It may seem strange, but if you have read what I wrote before, you would see why I am saying this.

Be well Ma'am.
Doug

Doug

I did read what you shared and honestly I will admit I do not follow any politics at all and I barely read the news so some of what you shared was lost on me, at least where this person you are supporting is concerned.

For me personally I want to spend my time and energy being about HIS Kingdom and not get caught up with the things of this world that was why I really appreciated what the other poster wrote.

God bless you and your family
maryjane

2011/12/20 18:57Profile
dietolive

Re: Elibeth

Dear Sister,

Amen to all you wrote. Though I would ask you: are you as certain of the fulfillment of that verse of prophesy, as you are of the necessity of obeying Christ's commandments, and of the necessary fulfillment of His great and precious promises to those who do?

My understanding is that, (while I myself have very definite views on the books of Daniel and Revelation), any unprovable opinions concerning the prophesies must never get in the way of our obeying the simple Law of Christ, or of trusting in the certainty of His promises. No doubtful interpretation of prophesy must come between us obeying our Lord and hoping in His victory.

Regarding Looking only to Christ, please understand me: I do not wish to take anyone away from looking only and always to Christ. It is only to those who may wish to learn, know, and understand what I have been saying, that I bear such a message of hope for our land, should the Church decide to stop looking to politics to do her job, and instead support the Ron Paul movement, which will break the power of the State.

To all you dear Sisters, and to anyone else whose only focus is to intensely pray and look upon our Lord and Saviour in the prayer closet, I only humbly ask that you also pray for us too; for us who yet pray with you in our season, but who are also active in others ways, battling the kingdom of darkness that we may secure peace and security, and the lives of multitudes who have not yet been reached for Christ.

Thank you.
Doug

2011/12/20 22:59Profile
dietolive

Re: MaryJane

You wrote:
"For me personally I want to spend my time and energy being about HIS Kingdom and not get caught up with the things of this world that was why I really appreciated what the other poster wrote."

I totally understand Ma'am. God bless you and yours.

Be well,
Doug

2011/12/20 23:06Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Dietolive,

I have been concerned,

That I may have offended you .
I am hopeing not. But if I did please forgive.

Sometimes , I really need to just observe ,...and not reply on things.

I care,
Elizabeth

2011/12/23 14:47Profile
dietolive

Re: Elibeth

Oh dear Sister! Your tender conscience is more precious than gold... Please don't think so; don't think I am or was offended by you.

I wasn't offended by what you wrote: I was just interested and curious to hear what you thought about what I wrote. (If you notice me posting, look and see that if I have something to say TO someone, I always address the person directly. I too do not want to unnecessarily offend anyone either, so I try to be very clear in specifying who I am speaking to and explaining what I mean.)

Now please, please don't stop posting! Encouraging words, like yours, bless the poster you are addressing, as well as the rest of us who read them.

So, be encouraged in the Lord Ma'am, and if and when His Spirit prompts you, continue to encourage others here. The world can wear us all down, but the least we can do here is encourage and build one another up.

Be encouraged! And,

Be well!
Doug :O)

2011/12/23 15:17Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy