SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Is There Hope for America? Watch and See

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
dietolive

Is There Hope for America? Watch and See

Today is Bill of Rights Day. Exactly 220 years ago on December 15, 1791, the Bill of Rights were officially added to the U.S. Constitution.

With the addition of the Bill of Rights, the Federal Government recognized the freedoms that all men already possess from their Creator, and that no government on earth can EVER righteously take away.

Ironically, with the dreaded NDAA about to take effect, (the National Defense Authorization Act of 2011), we have now had every one of them taken away.

According to the NDAA, the entire world is now officially declared to be a U.S. Military battlefield, and for the first time, the indefinite detention without trial of U.S. citizens and lawful residents will now become “the law of the land.”

Our very imperfect Republic, yet once the very beacon of freedom and righteousness in the world, is now, (while still continuing her moral slide), approaching political collapse as well.

Why are we here? How did this happen?

For one thing, the Church in America decided to get political, and decided that political power should be used for ostensibly spiritual purposes. And now we’ve supported the iniquitous practices of the State for so long that we have gotten used to it.

But now we are paying the price for our sin. The central State has stopped supporting us, and, (now that it doesn’t need us anymore), has grown even more wicked.

What is the solution? Is it continuing to support the evil central government that breaks every commandment of God and His Christ? Is it voting for another Statist politician who, while lieing to us now, will once in office continue to make war on Christ and the whole world? Is that what the Lord wants the Church to do? No Brothers, politics is not and never has been the solution for the Church.

There are no perfect candidates running, (and there never will be), but politically speaking, there is one BLAMELESS candidate, with a consistent record, who will end the freakish and irrationally endless “war on a tactic” that has destroyed our economy, and killed hundreds of thousands around the world, and who will restore our liberties and our republican form of government.

Watch the last REPUBLICAN DEBATE tonight at 9pm EST, and see if you can tell who stands out as being that man.

I’ll be praying for the peace of the Church and the world, and will be watching myself.

Be well all,
Doug

2011/12/15 17:29Profile
dietolive

Re: Is There Hope for America? Watch and See

Well, I viewed the debate last night.

As I consider what is at stake, (the lives of hundreds of thousands in Iran and Syria, perhaps millions if the Russians or Chinese are also pulled into the coming conflagration), I thought how striking it was, that there were supposedly "Christian pro-life" candidates bellowing and begging for the chance, no the moral obligation!, to go and shed the blood of Muslims around the other side of the world.

What was the justification presented to go (in true nazi-like fashion), and attack them first when they haven't even attacked us? It was fear. Simply FEAR.

Oh... dear Brothers and Sisters, what terribly things can we be motivated to do through fear? What Scripturally irrational and murderous things will we support, because we are afraid? Didn't our Lord and His apostles instruct us to think in a radically different way? To rather be "as harmless as doves"?

Understand: the Statists who have taken over America don't even care about "we the people" anyway. By robbing from the people their resources and their children to make more wars, they only mean to protect themselves and their own interests. They are afraid of losing their power; they are afraid that their much hoped for "new (really old) world order" that they have been constructing for themselves will be exposed and defeated.

Why does the Church keep supporting them and their iniquitous ways? Didn't our Lord and His apostles instruct us to think in a radically different way? To rather be "as wise as serpents"?

Be wise.
Doug

2011/12/16 10:08Profile
sonsigns

Brumley Missouri

Re: America is to young to die... or is it?

Doug, with the concern of the bill of rights, were did you hear of this? it is actually the second time I have heard of this communistic seed thought. Can you give me a link to the article in which you read?

We Americans, think that our politicians are for the people, are they really. Can one man or woman change the way of our country?

If they are born again of the spirit and spirit led they can. But how many are truly born again?

We Christians think that because they say they are "Christians" that they would act like Christians and do the right things according to Gods word. It is not going to happen:
1. Because they may not be truly Christian or led by the spirit of God.

2. America has turn away from God our father in heaven and has embraced the god of this world, that old serpent, the devil.

Soon if what you are saying is true about we the people are losing our rights, it won't be long before the Governments of this world will see true Christians as terrorist, like we in America see the Muslim extremest.

What do you think?

P.S. Here is a link of hope against this un-humane bill:
http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/267319/20111214/white-house-says-veto-defense-expected.htm

Here is another link to check out here on the forum that you might like.
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?forum=48&topic_id=42246&post_id=305919&viewmode=thread&order=1#305919

2011/12/18 12:21Profile
dietolive

Re: sonsigns

Thanks for writing and for the links sonsigns.

I read them. Regarding the one that says the NDAA protects citizen's rights, here is what actually happened. Actually, the president specifically demanded that citizen protections be REMOVED...

"...As Levin said last week, it was the White House itself that demanded Section 1031 apply to American citizens.

'The language which precluded the application of Section 1031 to American citizens was in the bill that we originally approved…and the administration asked us to remove the language which says that U.S. citizens and lawful residents would not be subject to this section,' said Levin, Chairman of the Armed Services Committee.

Senator McCain also told Rand Paul during a hearing on the bill that American citizens could be declared an enemy combatant, sent to Guantanamo Bay and detained indefinitely, 'no matter who they are.'

Quite how those still in denial could even entertain the notion that the bill would not apply to American citizens when the Obama administration is already enforcing a policy of state assassination and killing American citizens it claims are “terrorists,” without having to present any evidence or go through any legal process, is beyond naive."

http://www.infowars.com/indefinite-detention-bill-heads-to-obamas-desk/

More to say about this later , but my time to write is very limited today. Fear not... God will provide and protect!

Be well all, and God bless you.
Doug

2011/12/18 13:29Profile
dietolive

Re: sonsigns

Dear sonsigns,

You asked:
“Can one man or woman change the way of our country?”

It should be obvious that EVERY change of action comes through individuals, one at a time.

As for our country, the office of the presidency has been raised into being a veritable “Kingship”. Since the President now has kingly authority, he has a great deal of power to do good or evil. We see this in the Old Testament as well, for when a wicked king came to power, the streets ran with blood; and no man’s property, or wife, or children were safe. However, when even one “good king” came to the throne, the way of the whole country would be changed for the better.

Given his record for over thirty years, we can have STRONG HOPE that Dr. Paul, (even with all his faults), will be a “good king” who will do likewise for our country, and the world.

You said:
“If they are born again of the spirit and spirit led they can. But how many are truly born again? We Christians think that because they say they are "Christians" that they would act like Christians and do the right things according to Gods word. It is not going to happen:
1. Because they may not be truly Christian or led by the spirit of God.”

The Lord has ALWAYS used imperfect men, (men with more or less grace and Biblical understanding), to do good. For instance, there were still many “good kings” in the Old Testament, (though they were imperfect in carrying out the religion of Jehovah), who yet stopped robbing and slaughtering people. We can have hope that the like change for good can be accomplished today as well, IF WE WILL CHOOSE to SUPPORT IT.

You said:
“2. America has turn away from God our father in heaven and has embraced the god of this world, that old serpent, the devil.”

When Israel of old turned from the Lord, He sent the prophets to prophesy certain destruction to the wicked kings and to the wicked people, but they would not repent. The Lord then said that if only ONE MAN would repent and STAND UP for HIM, He would not destroy them all, but in the end, He couldn’t even find one man who would do so:

“And I sought for a man among them [JUST ONE], that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.

Therefore [BECAUSE I COULDN”T EVEN FIND ONE MAN], have I poured out mine indignation upon them; I have consumed them with the fire of my wrath: their own way have I recompensed upon their heads, saith the Lord GOD.” Ezekiel 22:30-31

You said:
“Soon if what you are saying is true about we the people are losing our rights, it won't be long before the Governments of this world will see true Christians as terrorist, like we in America see the Muslim extremest.”

Yes. Exactly. THIS IS THEIR PLAN.

Now we see why it is incumbent upon the Church to repent of her state-worship, and come to use the power we still have to support the one candidate for KING that will stop robbing and killing people all over the world. Otherwise, we will not possess this power for very long.

The Lord Himself will come and take it away from us...

Be well,
Doug

(As always, CAPS are used for emphasis, since I am unable to use either BOLDS, UNDERLINES, or ITALICS in these posts...)

2011/12/19 11:11Profile
dietolive

REVOLUTION in 2012

Did you know a REVOLUTION is brewing for 2012?

The Ron Paul Movement emanating out of America is that Revolution.

Yet 2012 was supposed to be “their year”; the year the “current age ended”, and the year the “New World Order” (that all the spiritually blind pagan globalists want) was supposed to begin. But a Ron Paul victory would be the equivalent of a 9.0 on the Richter Scale global earthquake for them. Their craftily laid plans would be set back decades as their entire world political and social order would be shaken to its very foundation.

That is why the global elites are doing everything they can to silence Paul and squash this peaceful revolution before more people figure out what is going on and join it. “No!”, the elites shout, Ron Paul must be stopped: ignore him, laugh at him, make things up about him, and if all else fails, say that his coming victory in Iowa means nothing:

http://www.infowars.com/iowa-governor-if-ron-paul-wins-ignore-it-and-look-at-who-finishes-second/

2011/12/20 11:54Profile
SHMILY

Northern Idaho

Re: REVOLUTION in 2012

Romans 13:1 ~ NASB

1 Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God.

I think Nero was Ceasar when this was penned.

If God has set this course (and He has) then the answer is not to be found in the political structure nor candidates but the prayer closet.

Please know I say this in all gentleness and not as a rebuke. It's just that it seems to me our Lord is more concerned with the spread of His kingdom and the refining of His people than maintaining the statis quo for us because we are comfortable. History seems to show the rapid growth of the church in many places related to persecution. Further that growth seems to me to be more of the "willing to die" kind as opposed to the "don't rock the boat" kind.

I have no clue what will happen in the coming election or even in the next few months. I just know daily, moment by moment, my focus must be on Jesus and what He desires of me.

Psalm 121 ~ NASB
The LORD the Keeper of Israel.

A Song of Ascents.

1 I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?

2 My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

3 He will not allow your foot to slip;
He who keeps you will not slumber.

4 Behold, He who keeps Israel
Will neither slumber nor sleep.

5 The LORD is your keeper;
The LORD is your shade on your right hand.

6 The sun will not smite you by day,
Nor the moon by night.

7 The LORD will protect you from all evil;
He will keep your soul.

8 The LORD will guard your going out and your coming in
From this time forth and forever.

"Some trust in chariots or men of war
But I will put my trust in Thee oh Lord
Your all sufficient grace is all I need
Your name and glory, Lord, is all I seek."
Some Trust In Chariots ~ Robin Mark

------------

Be well brother. May you see God's fingerprints in your life today.
REJOICE! =)
Mary

2011/12/20 13:29Profile

Re: REVOLUTION in 2012

Doug, i greatly admire Congressman Paul, but he's never going to be 'allowed' to be President.

Its too late, Judgement is coming....our sins reach to the Heavens, and we have angered God. We, who have been given so much, much was expected. Judgement is coming.

2011/12/20 14:07
dietolive

Re: SHMILY

Dear Ma’am,

Your words are received in the same spirit they were given: In Love. :O)

My Sister, you spoke of prayer. If you would, please pray for me.
Holy Sister, as the very "altar of God", please pray for us all, the Church in America:

That the Lord would grant that we would not be faithless, but believing. That the Lord would raise up many in the Church like the children of Issachar of old:

“... the children of Issachar, which were men that had UNDERSTANDING OF THE TIMES, to know what Israel ought to do...” I Chronicles 12:32

Oh Sister in the Lord, please pray that there would be many who will commence to believingly praying with you, and many more who will publically stand up for God at this time, and do what must be done.

Rejoice in the Lord Jesus, holy Sister! Chairō! Rejoice!

Be well in Him.
Doug

2011/12/20 15:07Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Shmily you wrote :Please know I say this in all gentleness and not as a rebuke. It's just that it seems to me our Lord is more concerned with the spread of His kingdom and the refining of His people than maintaining the statis quo for us because we are comfortable. History seems to show the rapid growth of the church in many places related to persecution. Further that growth seems to me to be more of the "willing to die" kind as opposed to the "don't rock the boat" kind.

I have no clue what will happen in the coming election or even in the next few months. I just know daily, moment by moment, my focus must be on Jesus and what He desires of me.

I just had to write and say I agree with this. I do not vote or take part in politico things but I know that what ever the outcome God is in control and I have nothing to fear. I love what you wrote, "moment by moment, my focus must be on Jesus and what He desires of me." That is my heart as well. The things of this world are passing away our hope alone is in Christ Jesus and not men, best to keep my heart and eyes fixed on HIM always.

God Bless
maryjane

2011/12/20 15:32Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy