SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Islamists' vision for sin-free tourism in Egypt

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Great post Lisa. It seems everyone is in agreement as to change on the inside leading to change on the outside. And so the question does become

"Question: who will be the watch-dog over what a “true Christian” is?"

And here in lies the many problems. When men create their own standards and then judge others according to what they consider to be decent. That is why I love the freedom that is found in Christ. That freedom is the exact opposite of sharia or the " moral police," that they have in Iran and other countries............. brother Frank

2011/12/13 17:26
dietolive

Re: appolus

Quote:
"I love the freedom that is found in Christ. That freedom is the exact opposite of sharia or the " moral police," that they have in Iran and other countries."

Amen dear Brother.

Doug

2011/12/13 17:29Profile

Re: All

I think an excellent question bas been posed. Who decides who a true Christian is? Is it not the Holy Spirit who convicts of sin, judgement, and righteousness.

Blaine Scogin

2011/12/13 18:01
dietolive

Re: Lysa

Hello and God bless you Ma'am.

You asked
“Brother, I am in total agreement with you but how is it exactly do you want “true Christians” to live? Like you live? Or more holy than you live? Or less holy than you live?”

You asked:
“Are you talking about a life of giving and loving others or a life of wearing long sleeves and knee length dresses and such? With 60+ guests on here, let’s pin-point exactly what it is you deem worthy to set men apart.”

You asked:
“Question: who will be the watch-dog over what a “true Christian” is? It doesn’t sound like the Holy Spirit and then here we are, right where the Muslims are, commandeering all forms of dress for women when they don’t even police a the males’ heart condition.”

But then you said:
"Just my two cents and please know that I am not angry at your answers, I just thought they needed addressing."

Are you really asking me heart-felt questions dear Sister? What do you mean by asking me questions, but then saying you are “just giving your two cents?” Were you just making statements in the form of questions in order to merely “address” what I had previously said?; questions that you therefore really don’t care to see answered?

While I am not ashamed of our ancient and glorious faith, I would like to know that you actually want to know what I would tell you if I were to try to give you some answers from the Holy Scriptures to your questions.

For instance, if one were to prove to you from the words of the New Testament itself that women are supposed to wear long flowing robes, (in addition to “giving and loving others” as you say), would you believe? Or would you instead “react”? In other words, do you sincerely before God even want me to answer your questions?

If God permits, I will do my best if you do.

Love in Christ Sister,
Doug

2011/12/13 18:05Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Islamists' vision for sin-free tourism in Egypt

Quote:
dietolive wrote:
For instance, if one were to prove to you from the words of the New Testament itself that women are supposed to wear long flowing robes, (in addition to “giving and loving others” as you say), would you believe? Or would you instead “react”? In other words, do you sincerely before God even want me to answer your questions?

Brother dietolive, you ‘amened’ appolus’s post, who ‘amened’ my post and now you are giving me a hard time?!?! I don’t understand. (Sorry appolus to drag you into this!)

I believe you have missed my point in its entirety.

God bless,
Lisa

2011/12/13 19:19Profile

Re:

HI Lisa, I believe the brother did miss your point.......brother Frank

2011/12/13 20:23
dietolive

Re: Lysa

Dear Sister Lisa,

I am sorry for the confusion I caused. I had only amen'ed a specific quote from Brother Frank's post, which I had referenced in mine.

Your original post was a response to what I had written. In it, you seemed to be asking me questions as though you wanted to discuss the various issues you raised and therefore wanted actual answers from me. However, at the end you said you were only putting in your two cents because you thought my statements needed addressing in front of the 60+ guests who were then online.

This struck me as odd; like you thought your questions were really self-evident rhetorical statements that couldn't even be answered.

In my response to yours, I was not trying to give you a hard time. Rather, I was asking you if we have true "communion" in our communication with one another. There are answers for all of your questions, but after reading your post, I wasn't sure you even wanted to hear them.

In any case, I'll just let this lie.

I wish you well in the Lord Ma'am.
Doug

2011/12/13 22:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy