SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Will True Christian Churches Be Forced Underground in America?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Will True Christian Churches Be Forced Underground in America?

Will the real Christian churches please stand up? Or, er, should they rather go underground?

In order to stay true to their belief and to God, one conservative Christian commentator is convinced that the “real” Christian church in America is going to be forced to do as the early Christians did—go underground.

J.D. Longstreet is making a lot of noise with a commentary that argues many of the mainline Christian churches have slipped away from the foundation of Scripture to adopt secular tenants and leftist, politically correct philosophies until they have become only a shadow of the true followers of Christ. ...

read more: http://www.charismanews.com/culture/32479-will-true-christians-churches-be-forced-underground-in-america

2011/12/9 9:31Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Will True Christian Churches Be Forced Underground in America?

Very interesting article. The comments were enlightening as well.

As I would understand an underground church, taking the church as it existed in Communist countries, it was not 'silent', it just met in secret for mutual edification and encouragement. Many did not have meeting houses they called their own to house their meetings but met in homes, in the woods, out in nature.

I can see this happening in the future here in the USA. In the meantime, we all need to make our calling and election sure (2Peter 1:10: Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:) because we actually may not live that long to see it - one could die at any moment from anything.

The tragedy of the apostasy of the modern church is that it did not happen overnight but it was a process that began years ago - it began when people questioned God's word, just like Eve did in the Garden. Now there is a mess and it appears God has given it over to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts...Romans 1:24.

Let us be faithful because we are being tried on every hand..and we may have to go underground in the not too distant future. If we find faithfulness difficult now, do not think it will come easier once persecution from the civil authorities sets in. (Richard Wurmbrand discusses this idea in "How to Organize an Underground Church.)

God bless...

2011/12/10 11:35Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Quote:
Charisma Article writes:
As Longstreet sees it, pastors in America are fearful of preaching scriptures and of pointing out main’s failings. They are concerned that they will be accused of slander or sued for libel.

I’m not saying that I’m 100% correct on this but it seems that what pastors in America are fearful of preaching is actually the ‘Gospel According to Them.'. When I go into the jail (with my 2 friends), my desire is that I present to these girls/women the gospel of the kingdom that sets them FREE and nothing else because everything else is just vanity.

Bros and sisters, what I’m trying to say is that Jesus didn’t preach in frenzy against homosexuality nor anything else; He preached the gospel of the kingdom that set people free and He went about “healing every sickness and every disease among the people,” (Matt 4:23; 9:35). And we should not be afraid to preach the same!

We do NOT need to preach “against” men's failings or “against” people but present the gospel of the kingdom and if we don’t know what it is, we need to be getting our on knees in private until our Father in heaven shows us. We have 100’s of years of church we need to unlearn but the power of the Holy Spirit will restore with the cankerworm and palmerworm hath eaten away if we are willing.

God bless,
Lisa

2011/12/10 13:57Profile

Re: And what is the true church????

A brother who started a thread earlier echoed this question. What is the true church? The one that will be persecuted and driven underground? Will it not be the offspring of the woman----those who keep God's commandments and hold to the testimony of Jesus (Rev.12:17).

I think Lisa summed it up as those who hold to and preach the gospel of Jesus. The death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. In other words believers will be persecuted because of their allegiance to the Son of God and not an institution.

I might add those doing the persecuting will not be the liberal Christians but rather evangelical believers who love the 501c3 better than Jesus. The 501c3 church may emerge as America's counterpart to China's TSPM church.

Blaine Scogin

2011/12/10 14:29
sonsigns

Brumley Missouri

In order to stay true to their belief and to God, one conservative Christian commentator is convinced that the “real” Christian church in America is going to be forced to do as the early Christians did—go underground. J.D. Longstreet

Without reading Brother Longstreet article, I have to agree with the above statement. Many churches are adopting main stream views such as homosexual marriages, abortion rights, and many others, although those are the two offences I have heard of locally.

It will only get worse if we do not have a true Holy Ghost Revival in our communities.

It seems just the mention of Christ's name is an offence to many heathens in America. Just look at the controversy with that professional football player.

The church needs to get saved and have a holy ghost indwelling (Luke 13.)

However, in order to have a revival it is not the church that needs to get right, we as individuals need to get right first and humble ourselves in fear, before a Holy, true and Glorious God.

If we don't soon... the true church may not only be under ground, we may be hunted and slaughtered for our profession of faith in Christ.

It is high time to get knee deep before God through Christ or be on our knee's with a gilateen above our heads.

2011/12/10 16:15Profile

Re: Why are we persecuted?

The question has to be asked why the remnant will be driven underground. Yes, it eill be that the faithful few take a stand for righteousness against the evil if this age.

But may I suggest that believers are persecuted for their faith in Jesus Christ. From the first century moving into the 21st century believers have been persecuted for the name of Jesus. From the death camps of N. Korea to the shipping containers of Eritrea believers are ultimately imprisoned, tortured, anf martyred because they love Jesus far better than anything this earth can offer.

The book of Revelation tells us persecution comes from Satan. Satan despises and hates the name of Jesus. Since he cannot destroy Christ, the evil one comes against the followers of Christ. He does this by prison and death. This is being carried out in the restricted nations. Will be carried out in this country.

Jesus made it clear that persecution would ultimately be because of him. He speaks of those who acknowledge him before men he would aknowledge before the Father. But those who deny him before men he would deny before the Father.

In places such as Eritrea believers are imprisoned in the most horrendous of conditions in shipping containers. Some if these saints eventually die in these containers after months of starvation. The question is why bother with the torture? Since Eritrea despises the name of Christ why not just shoot the Christians and be done with it? I mean a bullet would usher the believer into eternity with Christ. But the devil is anything but merciful. His desire is to get the believer to deny Christ. For if the believer denies Christ then Christ will deny him.

Daily believers imprisoned in Eritrea are tempted with release and medical treatment if they would renounce Christ. But many choose death then choose to deny their Lord and Savior. This is how they choose to overcome the evil one. And Eritrea is but one country among many who persecute believers.

Just to summarize. The faithful few in America eill be driven underground and persecuted because of their faith in Jesus Christ. Jesus did say that a servant was not above his master. For if they persecuted him. They eill persecute the few who follow him.

Blaine Scogin

2011/12/10 18:12
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

2011/12/10 21:08Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

Ooops, sorry bout the empty reply.
Surely the wheat and the tares will grow together until that great day. But, I do see God working through His people in various ways - partly underground perhaps, having believers wait until the Spirit comes upon them in fullness anointing them to do God's service. And partly above ground - preaching the Gospel in the power of the Holy Spirit however He leads.
His ways being above our ways, and His thoughts as well. Regardless, the darkness has never been able to snuff out the Light... And even a smoking flax He will not quench for that matter.
God works everywhere and in every way that is pleasing to Him. His sheep hear His voice and they follow Him.

2011/12/10 21:20Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy