SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I am shocked and need to share it now...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

SolaVeritas. I agree with your point on the church becoming more and more apostate. Who can argue that?

But to now lump fitness in with prosperity and things of the world?

Please show me in the Bible where fitness is considered sin, or something to shy away from...

2011/12/7 23:50Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, iam guilty of getting judgemental over folks that are judgemental.we all can see that all of our writings are about THOSE folks.the church is made up us who follow Jesus and love Him to our own death. we need to be the salt and not the brine. we need to get in position to be helpers and examples of Gods love to those who are not as dedicated and not their critics as Jesus was when He walked the earth.He was angry at the pharisee because they were harsh critics of the ordinary folks using the law of God to beat them insteed of helping them.we need to show forth that love in our church experiences and strengthen the feeble weak church we have today.find a way to make things work rather than scream about that that does not work.jimp

2011/12/8 4:25Profile

Re:

"Please show me in the Bible where fitness is considered sin, or something to shy away from..."

Why are we always saying that?

Why do we always run to the bible?

We are treating it as a law book of what we can and cannot do.

What happened to the Spirit of the Lord and our conscience?

If we love the Lord with all of our heart, we'll not get side tracked if we listen to our conscience, for God uses that to keep us in check. Because as soon as we do wrong, we know it.

But we run to the bible as if we don't know it. Why is that?

To obtain a second opinion?

No, there is no scripture that says anything against physical exercise. But if your fat (most of us are) it wouldn't hurt to work out. But if your conscience is bothering you that your exercising. First find out where the condemnation is coming from. If it's from you, find out why. Usually it's deep seated teachings on the subject that have gotten into your thinking when you were younger to believe that such things are wrong.

Though that is your conviction, it doesn't mean it's everyone elses.

2011/12/8 8:42
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re: I am shocked and need to share it now...

zumba dancing is fun to do but I do not think that has a place within the church. The church is designated for fellowship,teaching and prayer. Bringing this other deals into the pictures becomes what Jesus termed the money changers and such, IMO. It really cheapens what the church is. Just like those churches who do bingo on Friday night. It is my view that if a church is having a gathering and it is for teaching, preaching, prayer or some kind of evangelism then that church has missed its calling and is straying away from what it is supposed to be doing.

zumba should be at home or in a fitness place. I have danced it and it is fun to do but but the founder of it I think has a bit of an ego thing going on, lol

2011/12/8 9:10Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

"We are treating it as a law book of what we can and cannot do."

This is a fundamental problem as to why many leave the church. Churches use so much 'law' to say what is right and wrong that it chases out joy and freedom. Once we were made free but only to be bound again by the law? If you read articles by those who have been burned by the church you will see these things mentioned time and time again. Uusally the more conservative a church is the more the law is implied. It seems to be a 'control' issue in the view of many people. It is also cited by many as THE problem in the church. Cults use this very thing to put their people under subjection.

We all need to reevaluate ourselves under this circumstances Chances are the more serious you take yourself the more you probably will find yourself allowing 'law' beating you up and putting you in chains and freedom and joy has hitchhiked away from you.

2011/12/8 9:48Profile
revrung

Re:

Jesus Himself said Lu 12:57 Yea, and why even of yourselves judge ye not what is right?

The many posts opposing the concerns posted about worldliness in the church are just proving his point for Him! I, for one, am sick and tired of the "judge not" crowd. Anything goes as long as it gets people in the building. It's a pragmatic philosophy and non-Biblical.

How about "Free Beer Night"? or "Strippers For Jesus"? That's where this train of thoughts ends. (BTW these two things all ready exist)

Zumba is decidedly sensual and not appropriate for a church to offer, any open minded person with a Biblical world view would acknowledge that. Jesus did not say "Go ye into all the world and preach the fox-trot." He did, however say "Go ye into all the world and preach the Gospel"

2011/12/8 9:51Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

zumba dancing is fun to do but I do not think that has a place within the church. The church is designated for fellowship,teaching and prayer. Bringing this other deals into the pictures becomes what Jesus termed the money changers and such, IMO

Your post is light in darkness.
Exactly this is what I wanted to post here as well. But restrained from posting as I felt even posting this light among people who fight over Zumba as a sin or not is meaningless. This all shows the immaturity of many posters here, who are still babies trying to live by law to see what is sin and what body movements are sin. If you live by spirit you will know that zumba in house of God is not beneficial or profitable to God, so it is unnecessary.
1 Corinthians 6-12:- All things are lawful for me, but not all things are profitable.

As Pointed by you, Jesus drove away those who were doing Business in God's house, it was not sin to do Business but it is not beneficial to God.
I left a Church in which I received Christ because they were arranging loans for those who lost jobs etc and openly announced in the Church for credits that they offer. I felt that when we give to church freely why do they not give to the needy freely? They might give with lesser interest rate than other credit services but it is still not the work of Church.

2011/12/8 9:55Profile
revrung

Re: Zumba

Jesus is the greatest drawing card the church has, He said "I IF I BE LIFTED UP, I WILL DRAW ALL MEN TO ME" Jesus, not Zumba.

BTW, How do you know my "maturity" level?

2011/12/8 10:31Profile
sonsigns

Brumley Missouri

Re: I am shocked and need to share it now...

Dear browny,

Your post really shows the state of the Church today. This is happening in many cities through out the United states, not just dancing of course... many different worldly activities.

A friend of mine and his wife has been going to a large new church (3years that is new in terms of other churches in our area) for the last year. Just the other day I was talking to him on the phone discussing the state our country is in. When I read a quote from "tried and transfigured" by Leonard Ravenhill to him.

The next thing out of his mouth was "I don't think that I am truly saved." That statement didn't shock me but it did surprise me. I ask him three questions.

1. Have you ask Jesus Christ, into your heart and when?.
A. Yes, a year a ago during an alter call.

2. What brought you to the alter to accept Christ into your life?
A. He really like the church and all of the activities the church offered.

3. Were you baptized by water?
A. No. I was baptized as a baby in the catholic church.

I told him that unless his church was the new Christ, then you are not truly saved.

Then we spent the next two hours in scripture. The Holy Spirit had directed me to start in 1John Chapter 5. Then into Hebrews, then Mark, Mathew and finally into Romans. We dealt with the subject of sin,salvation, holiness, and the fear of the Lord.

He still didn't accept Christ that night however, We left it with if you were to die tonight you would most certainly go to the judgement seat and found guilty and cast into the hell for eternity, because God hates sin and in his presence will burn lick a gas soaked log.

I have never attended this church, however it is supposed to be a really good church from what I hear. I know others that attend there.

The problem I have is that the church never followed up with my friend and his wife after they accepted Christ (really that church). They didn't give guidance on what it means to be a christian, how to grow in the Lord or nothing...not even being baptized which is a requirement of salvation...Shame on this or any church that is to large and proud to sheppard the flock.

2011/12/8 10:37Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Approved wrote, "Why are we always saying that?" "Why do we always run to the bible?" "We are treating it as a law book of what we can and cannot do." "What happened to the Spirit of the Lord and our conscience?"

To answer your question Approved. "We" are always saying that for this reason... If you cannot back up your "belief" scriptually, then it is not scriptual.

People superimpose their personal beliefs in place of what the Lord states. This is this case here. If you cannot back something up scriptually, your belief is unscriptual. And you are nothing more then a clanging gong.

Approved said, "But we run to the bible as if we don't know it. Why is that?"

Answer. Because most people don't know it, or at the very least do not follow it. They want to follow a system of beliefs that coinside with their own personal belief system, even if that means that belief system adds or subtracts from scripture.

Approved said, "To obtain a second opinion?"

The Bible as a second opinion? Let me ask you Approved, if it were not for this "second opinion" called THE WORD OF GOD, what would you base your beliefs off of?

If it is not the Bible and the Word that you base your beliefs off of, what do you base it off of then?

2011/12/8 10:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy