SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : FDA consider putting "morning after" pill on supermarket shelves...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ccchhhrrriiisss

FDA consider putting "morning after" pill on supermarket shelves...

Obama FDA Considers Putting Morning-After Pill on Supermarket Shelves
By JEFFREY H. ANDERSON
Weekly Standard
DEC 6, 2011

http://tinyurl.com/abortionmorningafter

The Washington Post reports that, under President Obama and his Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, the Food and Drug Administration is considering letting “anyone of any age buy the controversial morning-after pill Plan B directly off drugstore and supermarket shelves without a prescription.”

The Post writes,

“The Food and Drug Administration has until Wednesday to respond to a request from the drug’s manufacturer to make the pill as easy to get as toilet paper and toothpaste....

“Opponents, however, say such a decision would expose girls and women to potential risks from taking high doses of a potent hormone, interfere with parents’ ability to monitor their children and make it easier for men to prey on vulnerable minors….

“[The] pill would move out from behind pharmacists’ counters, eliminating the requirement that women produce a prescription or prove that they are at least 17 years old to get it without a doctor’s order. Instead, Plan B would be available on store shelves, along with condoms, contraceptive sponges and spermicides.

“‘Hopefully, it will be right on the shelves between the condoms and the pregnancy tests,’ said Kirsten Moore of the Reproductive Health Technologies Project, a Washington-based advocacy group….

“Plan B consists of a synthetic form of progesterone; this hormone is found in many standard birth-control pills, but Plan B contains it at higher doses…

“Plan B works primarily by preventing an egg from being fertilized. Critics, however, focus on the chance that it may prevent a fertilized egg from implanting in the womb, an action they consider equivalent to an abortion. As a result, it has been the subject of intense debate and conflict. Some doctors refuse to write prescriptions for it, some pharmacists refuse to fill requests, and some hospitals refuse to provide it to patients.

“‘It’s not a drug that prevents life — it’s a drug that destroys life,’ said Jeanne Monahan of the Family Research Council, a conservative advocacy group. ‘If we define life as beginning at fertilization or conception, then this drug can be an abortifacient.’”

http://tinyurl.com/abortionmorningafter

2011/12/6 13:26Profile
MaryJane

Re: FDA consider putting "morning after" pill on supermarket shelves...

I read the news headline and it was enough to just make me want to cry....

God bless you all family these are difficult and sorrowful times we live in
mj

2011/12/6 15:39Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

The mindset that drives this philosophy is beyond stupid and dumb, without logic, without common sense.

You tell the children how to do it, then offer them tools to prevent the natural consequences, knowing full well children are highly irresponsible to make proper application...but then they will be infected with diseases so off to the doctors and/or AB clinic you go. And who profits? The pharmaceutical industry, the research industry, the medical profession...

The downside is spiritual devastation and who will pick up those pieces? Oh, now you need psychiatrists,and mental health clinics to deal with depression, prisons to house rapists...in the meantime, homes are wrecked because husband and wife can not bond because of past hook-ups - now you need lawyers and judges to dissolve what God had said cannot be.

Somehow, money factors in at every turn. Someone profits from it financially. Sin costs - oh, BTW, perhaps we need to raise the taxes to pay for these services to the poor - it is not fair they cannot access it like their wealthier neighbors. So you and me pay via taxes.

Sin destroys at every turn. I am glad I am getting closer to 70 all the time. I would hate to be a young person and have to wade through this mess...Still, if parents keep their children isolated from this evil, they have a chance to succeed.

Lord, have mercy!

2011/12/7 4:25Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy