Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : COMMANDOS FOR JESUS

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Joyful_Heart

COMMANDOS FOR JESUS

COMMANDOS FOR JESUS

Brother Andrew continues his teaching on Satan’s strategic attacks:

Our methods of taking the Bible into places where it is not available nor permitted is actually very close to the New Testament concept of transmitting the Word of God. In our Western nations, we enjoy the rare privilege of seeing people come to us for the message. We even wait for them to come and we put up special buildings for them to come to. Then we open the doors and welcome them with a smile.

Such methods make me feel that we’ve responded very wrongly to Jesus’ announced intention to make us “fishers of men.” We have made a beautiful net of our church buildings and have set it up on the shore waiting for the fish to jump in of their own accord!

Our pattern of waiting for people to come to us is exactly the reverse of the Great Commission. Because we have done it this way for so long we have even begun to question the original way that God intended for it to be. What a topsy-turvy world we live in!

We must have the courage, the Holy Spirit boldness, to live a life that is more revolutionary than that of any non-Christian faith. The Lord will give us the courage to work like commandos if we want Him to, but we must go and carry out His commission.

The command has been given by the risen Lord and the call is clear; prepare for spiritual battle! Let’s go in Jesus’ name and do it! We can do it because ever since He first issued the orders, Jesus has given to every generation the ability, the strength, the manpower, and the opportunity to do it.

Although every generation has failed in some way, the first generation almost accomplished it. Almost! In our generation we don’t need to fail. We can fulfill the commission because Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever. He who holds all authority in heaven and on earth has authorized us to advance on His enemy everywhere, including across every “closed” border. He still endues us with the power of the Holy Spirit that we might be witnesses to the uttermost parts of the earth.

“Awake and strengthen what remains” (Revelation 3:2). That is the watchword of our ministry to fellow-believers in Eastern Europe, China, Africa and Latin America. What constrains us is the love of Christ; for love, the Word of God tells us, is the fulfillment of all divine commands. I want others to have the one who makes me happy—Jesus. I want others to have what makes me grow spiritually—the Bible.

The God of miracles will bring it to pass!

RESPONSE
Today I commit to going – not waiting - to carry out Jesus’ commission and be a fisher of men in the power of His Holy Spirit.

PRAYER
Lord, give me the boldness to advance against our enemy everywhere – even in so-called
“closed” countries.

2011/12/5 10:45Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy