SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Would you be offended if your Pastor preached from their Ipad?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Well, Matt, as a pew warmer I care not a twit. I am more concerned about whether the preacher is working to impress the audience with his knowledge or whether he is being empowered by the Holy Spirit and is in tune with the WORD.

My opinion.

2011/12/1 22:10Profile
rjennings

USA

Re: Would you be offended if your Pastor preached from their Ipad?

It offends me no more than it does that you may have used an iPad to post this thread. I don't believe the first transcripts of the books of the Bible were printed on gold-rimmed pages of fine rice paper and bound in leather either but many have preached from that media for years. This could lead me to a rant on other sacred traditions many hold so dear that have nothing to do with truth and holiness and godliness but I wont bore you with it, for now. :)

2011/12/3 3:36Profile
Ceri

Notts. England.

Re:

No offence at all - Our Pastor & assistant use ipad and also projects readings and images onto a large screen for visual aid - it's the norm nowadays - no problem!

2011/12/3 19:18Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

I haven't read any of the answers but I'm kind of offended (not the correct word), by preachers/pastors who are constantly referring to, looking at or reading from their pre-written sermon notes (where ever the notes are stored).

Don't they know their material some what well enough to look at, perhaps, skeleton notes and go from there? Or better yet, preach by the Spirit? Just asking.

God bless,
Lisa

2011/12/3 20:17Profile
Scott1969

Re:

I would rather have my pastor or any other preacher preach from their Bible. I know that this is an electronic generation, but the church would be better off staying with a Bible in the pulpit. I wouldn't feel right preaching from an iPad or my iPhone. I prefer having my Bible with me at church. Since I have started Professor Grant Horner's Bible Reading System, I have learned more about my Bible. I am becoming more familiar with it. It is more personal having a Bible to read and preach from.

2011/12/4 0:45Profile

Re:

Quote:
I haven't read any of the answers but I'm kind of offended (not the correct word), by preachers/pastors who are constantly referring to, looking at or reading from their pre-written sermon notes (where ever the notes are stored).

Don't they know their material some what well enough to look at, perhaps, skeleton notes and go from there? Or better yet, preach by the Spirit? Just asking.

Again... read "Preaching & Preachers" by Martin Lloyd-Jones. He addresses this. There are many reasons why a preacher would lean heavily on his sermon notes... some reasons are perfectly fine, some are not.

Unless we have stood before a room full of people and given a teaching or sermon we should be careful about judging the style of the preacher too harshly.

Krispy

2011/12/4 7:47
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

I wouldn't be offended unless he started playing "Angry Birds" in the middle of the service. :-)

2011/12/4 8:27Profile
brian33

brother matt i am a little bothered by the advise you are getting from others on here i believe in your heart you know the right answer you do not question if the bible is ok but you have to ask about other devices , i guess easy believism is ok to thats why their are alot of false conversions today theres no possible way that the bible would concern people but theirs always a possibility these electronic devices can which one do you think the devil would want to to use if you are going to hospitals or door to door witnessing which one has the best possibillity of causing confusion use the bible your batteries will not go dead and people when they see you carrying a bible they know why you are their and who you represent , if you have to use these devices i would be questioning if im called of god the churches today are trying to change god to fit the people instead of the people changing to to fit god .the bible will not cause anyone to stumble do not try to replace what is not broken brother matt seek god and do the right thing use your bible it is the word of god man cannot invent anything better than the bible brother i say these things to you in love please do not listen to this bad advice you are getting from other people on here sincerely pray about this brother seek ye first the kingdom of god not mans opinion may god bless you

2011/12/20 18:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy