Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Greetings

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Crofton

Re: False teachers

Hi Brother,
I was interested to read your comments about some of the people appearing on TV these days whose theology is more than a little suspect. We have to keep in mind that channels such as TBN are really only interested in selling air-time. It goes without saying that there will be those who will peddle their own 'brand' of Christianity.

People like you and me know the dangers, but many tuning in to these programmes will be taking false teaching to heart. I believe the only way to impact this situation is by constant, fervent prayer that God's truth will prevail and that the Holy Spirit will reveal to the perpetrators of false teaching the error(s) they are upholding.

This is going to be a long battle as many of these people have got themselves well established. We can only pray for wisdom if called upon to minister to those contaminated by such false teaching.

Incidentally, I am new to this website which I discovered mentioned in the current issue of "Christianity + Renewal" magazine. I am based in Humberston, which is next door to the seaside toen of Cleethorpes, not very far from Grimsby in the County of North East Lincolnshire (UK).

I am Vicar (that is, Pastor, for anyone not familiar with the word) of St. Peter's Parish Church, Humberston, (Church of England). I have been here four years and we praise the Lord as we see the church here gradually climbing out of no less than 44 years that can only be described as 'stagnant'.

Enough of me, I am sure many will be sympathetic with and share your concerns, as I do.

Every blessing

2003/6/14 6:08Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
People like you and me know the dangers, but many tuning in to these programmes will be taking false teaching to heart. I believe the only way to impact this situation is by constant, fervent prayer that God's truth will prevail and that the Holy Spirit will reveal to the perpetrators of false teaching the error(s) they are upholding.

That's great! I am so glad that you see the magnitude of the problem as I do. Yes I belive the key is prayer also. I also started this site coupled with prayer to help couter-react the problem as much as God will allow it! ;-)

Quote:
I have been here four years and we praise the Lord as we see the church here gradually climbing out of no less than 44 years that can only be described as 'stagnant'.

That's really encouraging to hear, keep praying brother! We need true revival in our churches and personal lifes these days :-D

2003/6/14 11:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy