SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Revival starts with surrender to god's will

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Revival starts with surrender to god's will

It has occured to me that when I know my will oposses God's will, I must forsake my will with repentance, knowing that God's will has now become my hearts desire. It is with eager compliance I now desire to do His will. And the timetable of patience needed during the trial become of no interest to me. If we can but discern the purposes of the trials He sets before us, they would cease to remain a trial.. of our faith or of our patience. These are the realizations that personal revival are made of. I am in pursuit!!

2011/11/28 21:43

Re: Revival starts with surrender to god's will

i second that.

if only I could see its a trial for my own good...

thanks for posting

2011/11/28 21:48
jimp

Re:

hi, i do agree that personal revival begins and continues with obedience to the prompting of the Spirit.(faith)hearing the directive word, believing it, obeying it=faith. but revival is a soveriegn move of God. any time you put the onus on man to do good with acts of holiness or righteousness to bring favor of any kind from God, you are eating from the wrong tree(knowlege of good and evil).it is Jesus who paid all prices for favor with the Father and it is grace that leads us home.jimp

2011/11/29 0:34Profile
a-servant

Re:

Hi evangelastic, "It has occured to me that when I know my will oposses God's will, I must forsake my will with repentance"

Amen to that. When I know that, I also have overcome my own rationalization that previously convinced me that I wasn't opposing God's will

Proverbs 1:23  Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.

Hi Jimp, No "acts of holiness or righteousness to bring favor of any kind from God" have been committed. It's simply a matter of turning at his reproof, instead of hardening our hearts, then He will pour out His spirit and explain the meaning and content of His words further, we previously opposed.

Grace leads us home by faith, that faith that is also convinced that God's will is expressed in His words. And when in any doubt and left hanging between opinions, we cannot go wrong believing HIS words, simply by believing and trusting God that can do all things, except lie.

2011/11/29 5:10Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, i wrote hearing the directive word...this is why we have not started to build an ark out of wood.jimp

2011/11/29 6:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy