SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Canadian polygamy case likely to be appealed

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Canadian polygamy case likely to be appealed

A judge in Canada has upheld the country’s ban on polygamous marriages, but the case is likely to be appealed.

Canada legalised same-sex marriage in 2005 and polygamist supporters say it is therefore unfair to ban polygamy.

Miriam Chatwin, a fundamentalist Mormon, said: “We’re in the 21st century, you know, we have marriages of every kind”.

read more: http://www.christian.org.uk/news/canadian-polygamy-case-likely-to-be-appealed/

2011/11/26 21:25Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re: Canadian polygamy case likely to be appealed

I heard about this the other day, and I can't recall the quote I heard from the judge, the one quote on CBC radio, but I do recall it was full of wisdom.
Hopefully though, the lawyer, or crown attorney arguing against polygamy will gather testimony that will be inspired by the Holy Spirit to put an end to the lustful filth that moves these religious nuts that are filled with darkness, and that women in these situations will become enlightened in their minds that Christ came to set captives free.
Their doctrines that allow this trash and abuse to women continue, should be shattered by the Truth that is in Jesus Christ.
I do think that women's rights groups are building a case, or cases of testimony against these wolves dressed in sheep's clothing. These poor women are being taken advantage of, and it seems that everybody else can see it except the poor souls who minds and bodies are being raped, and these religious weaklings who like to lord their false doctrine over females so they can get their rocks off.

2011/11/26 21:45Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

Just wanted to add that if this does go back to a court of appeal...what can a christian do that feels compelled to get involved? Will the Lord work in this case? I believe the Lord cares about this kinda stuff...Is it possible that even the Book of Mormon could be used against itself...against these cult leaders who use this religion for their own gain? The leaders quote some verses out of their text to support their case, and the other party then quotes verses out of the same book that contradict the argument? Seems the mormons are divided in this polygamy stuff, and if a house is divided won't it fall by itself? Anyway to be wise as a serpent and innocent like a dove in such a case as this? Just some thoughts that suddenly came to me.

2011/11/26 22:14Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy