SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : submitting totally to the LORD

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

submitting totally to the LORD

I'm afraid to rebel against the Lord but I'm not afraid to submit my life totally to HIM because I know HE is trust worthy. I am not afraid, even if I have to lay down my life, if I have to walk away from house, home, and family, even if HE asked me to come and die, its really not that big of issue...why? Because I know HIS character, because of who HE is.... So when the LORD says submit to me Paul,... whats so hard about submitting to a perfect master who loves you more then you love yourself. (Paul Washer quote)

This quote from Paul Washer really struck me this morning. There is much here that is just really on my heart right now...

God bless
mj

2011/11/23 7:12Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: submitting totally to the LORD

I was just thinking about that while talking to the Lord this very morning MaryJane. But about the quote, we might actually make that ‘one’ declaration where we surrender our lives, our thoughts, everything we are but does that make it ‘signed, sealed and delivered’? Speaking from own life, after a declaration like that, I’ve found its decision by decision, day by day, that I submit my life to Him.

It’s the little foxes that destroy the vine, MaryJane, and it’s those little decisions we make that can undermine our surrender to Him or cement our surrender to Him. We may never be a missionary and have to lay our life down physically for our faith but every day we are faced with laying our own opinions down about the people around us and choosing to just love them regardless. And if we are not faithful over these little things how will we be made rulers over any big things?

Every day, in the here and now, we have choices, little or big (mostly little) where we can practice yielding to Him (submitting), our life to Him and that quote speaks to me that says, “Lord, stamp eternity on my eyeballs!”

God bless you,
Lisa

2011/11/23 10:01Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Thank you Lisa for your response. Yes I am learning that submitting to the Lord never ends. It is a daily, moment by moment process of hearing HIS voice and responding. One of the things that really hit a nerve with me about what Paul Washer said was "I'm afraid to rebel against the Lord but I'm not afraid to submit my life totally to HIM"

There have been times in my life that I have been afraid to submit to where the Lord was leading me. I was afraid of what it might cost me, or how others might view me if I did submit. The more I seek to really know JESUS as Lord of my life and to get to know JESUS the person I realize that nothing else really does mater. HE is perfectly deserving of my complete submission in this life.

God bless
mj

2011/11/23 11:10Profile

Re:

Good thoughts from MJ and Lysa, you guys always bless me. I love the notion of counting the cost. Too many rush forward and say " yes," in a mere moment. Yet the man or woman who thinks it through seems to be the man or woman that runs the course, no-where is this more apparant than salvation itself.

Yes Lysa, every day we make decisions. We can make one declaration that we will love our enemies and the unloveable and it sounds great, until our enemies come along and those who despitefully use us. Its our response then that really counts. Even on this forum you see the reaction when people say bad things about us, rarely is our reaction one of love and forgiveness.If we were truly dead, then we could not be offended. In the 20 years of my Chritianity, the best gauge for me in my walk with the Lord has been my response to attack. There is a direct correlation between the closeness of my walk with the Lord and my respnse to those who attack me. The more in the flesh I am( further from the Lord) the more my desire to defend and attack back. The closer I am to the Lord, my desire to defend myself is greatly reduced.......... brother Frank

2011/11/23 11:24

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy